F A Trophy Prize Money

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

F A Trophy Prize Money

Post by portugull »

If we beat Hereford in January in the 4th Round we earn just £5,250.

Round 5 £6,000 Q/F £7,500 S/F £15,000 and Winner in Final £60,000.

So £93,750 is possible for the Winner so not bad if you get to the Final as the looser picks up £30,000.

You never know especially as we beat Yeovil.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Not sure I want anything to distract us from a top three finish. Trouble is every match in the Trophy from now on means a postponed league match and lot of games in the last 2 or
3 months if we go a lot further.
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Midlandgull »

It's not a massive amount of prize money. It would be good if it were increased in the future.

I guess the gate receipts can help as well though.

If we have everyone available (big if) then you feel we'd need some cup games to keep everyone active. But as it stands, the league has to remain the absolute priority!
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

portugull wrote: 12 Dec 2023, 20:24 If we beat Hereford in January in the 4th Round we earn just £5,250.

Round 5 £6,000 Q/F £7,500 S/F £15,000 and Winner in Final £60,000.

So £93,750 is possible for the Winner so not bad if you get to the Final as the looser picks up £30,000.

You never know especially as we beat Yeovil.
£100k, or close to it, is nothing to be at sniffed at, of course, but our priority has to be the league. We should also be aware that we're very unlikely to win the competition given that there are still at least 10 or 12 sides from the division above us still in it. If we somehow, almost by accident, find ourselves in the semi final, then great, let's see what happens - but if the trophy has served no purpose other than to blood a few youngsters and help build up confidence (when we've very much needed it!), that's fine by me.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

Think I'd worked out before that if you win the trophy the total prize money is £120,000. Not to be sniffed at, but if it detracts from the league campaign then I'd rather we lost in the next round.