Dartford v Torquay United, 25th Nov 2023, 3pm

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

These players with the exception of Jarvis, Donnelan, Lapslie and Dawson who as it happens weren't on the pitch today are a gutless bunch of losers with no character whatsoever. They clearly don't fancy it away from home, occasionally they rouse themselves in the second half but not today. The signs were clearly there at rock bottom Havant when we were rather fortunate to win. Havant could easily have scored 3 or 4 and won that game.
Johnson signed them and has to be responsible, he cannot motivate them or mould them into a team but he's not being held accountable. What is going on ?
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

Southampton Gull wrote: 25 Nov 2023, 18:16 6 points behind second place with 2 games in hand you mean? Agreed, nothing needs saying.......
Oh give it a rest Dave, we’re shite
6667GULL
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'KANE

Post by 6667GULL »

This is not a hysterical response.
Based on the facts this our 8th defeat in 18 games in a predominantly part-time league.
Never mind this was just another unfortunate afternoon to go with the other 7 league defeats.
Also don't forget that in Gary we still trust!!!
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

I hear what SG is saying, but there's a stack of teams between ourselves and 2nd who'll fancy there chances, football isn't played on paper, yes 2 wins = 6 points takes us to 2nd, it's so simple isn't it, it's so straightforward, trouble is, it dosen't work out like that, it never does, the number of losses for us is huge worry, after the cup Yeovil win I was very positive, but it feels like this season can't get into any flow, very stop start...The hangover from last season is still within the club, and certain players should of been long gone...
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Southampton Gull wrote: 25 Nov 2023, 18:16 6 points behind second place with 2 games in hand you mean? Agreed, nothing needs saying.......
Look the other way and we're just nine points above Truro (in the drop zone) and they have a game in hand on us
Last edited by gateman49 on 25 Nov 2023, 18:43, edited 1 time in total.
Yeofan
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Yeofan »

Being a bit selective there. 6 points behind third with only one game in hand. 5 points behind 4th and 5th with only 1 game in hand. And worse GD than all of them.

Interesting day to see both pre-season favourites humped by 3 goals.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Yeofan wrote: 25 Nov 2023, 18:37 Being a bit selective there. 6 points behind third with only one game in hand. 5 points behind 4th and 5th with only 1 game in hand. And worse GD than all of them.

Interesting day to see both pre-season favourites humped by 3 goals.
I prefer to be positive than negatively dramatic. Life has recently taught me a valuable lesson. It's that simple.

Because MrTea didn't heed my previous warning about resorting to labeling false accusations against me his last post was removed and he can stew for the next couple of weeks. Insults don't bother me, lies do.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Admiral wrote: 25 Nov 2023, 18:26 Oh give it a rest Dave, we’re shite
But we still currently have a club to 'support'.
Dave

kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Dave would have supported the Captain of the Titanic.
Nothing to see here shipmates!
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

Dave, I was just at the game. I saw us miss an absolute sitter and fail to trouble the goalkeeper again after that. Our defence were incapable of dealing with their rather rudimentary and predicable play. We were that bad.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Southampton Gull wrote: 25 Nov 2023, 18:49 But we still currently have a club to 'support'.
Loyalty to the club all the time but loyalty to the owners' manager and players when they deserve it.
jono_Gull209
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by jono_Gull209 »

Just got home. That was scary bad. Absolutely horrific performance.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Very poor today.
Only made one decent chance and that was blazed over the bar with the goal empty.

Much chanting for Johnson to go and a few fans went over to have words from closer.
Fans made it clear that this wasn’t good enough to players at the end.
To his credit Moxey came over and spoke to fans.
Downes wouldn’t come closer than the penalty spot and Johnson didn’t bother at all.

Surely Johnson doesn’t need this hassle. Why not just retire?

I can’t think of another club who wouldn’t have sacked the manager last season let alone this.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

MellowYellow wrote: 25 Nov 2023, 19:00 Loyalty to the club all the time but loyalty to the owners' manager and players when they deserve it.
That's the only one of those I'm loyal to.
Dave

desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Players should be in tomorrow morning for training and post mortem but Johnson and Downes won't want to spoil their own weekends in Bristol/Gloucester. Part of the problem I think, the team is not a team and the management team are distanced from them.
These things aren't a problem when you are winning but as Leroy found out living in Bristol is when you're losing.