Positive Thoughts only!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
toastkid
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: david graham

Positive Thoughts only!

Post by toastkid »

This trail of discussion is only for the positive of mindset!

After Tuesday, we certainly know the level we need to get to. Let's hope a few players return from injury, a few players up their game, and we turn in a few wins now.

Be closer to Yeovil at the end of the year, and have a go in the new year!

Coyy!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Pathetic - you really are.

You came on here before the Yeovil match stating you had full confidence in the manager. we actually get worse every game. We are a shambles. No tactics. No team morale and more and more players get injured every game. Our injury crisis has been going on for 4 years.

There is a post elsewhere concerning Marshall indicating to the dugout that he was unable to run due to his injury. Johnson then left him on. When Marshall came off he apologised to the manager for being able to stay on, went to shake Johnsons hand and he was completely blanked by the little twerp.

Tell me how an earth that is the actions of a man who is supposed to be getting the best out of his players..

Wake up and smell the coffee - if you think we are going to be closer to Yeovil by the end of the year you are either on the wind up or you seriously have issues and probably need to seek medical intervention.

This is the worst Torquay team I have seen in 60 years, managed by a dinosaur who is taking the piss out of the supporters.

See the club statement today. Those in charge are getting rattled. The more people who indicate that this is unacceptable the better. People like you are complicit in our current situation.
Steve_TUFC
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Steve_TUFC »

:goodpost:

Johnson is constantly showing his true self; a horrible, nasty and arrogant yesterday man.

Also during the second half of the game he was visibly calmed down by Downes, while shouting expletives and hand gestures to Collins. Agree Collins has had a mare this season, like most of the others, but in public he’s just showing his old school approach to man management, let alone his vocal disrespect to the fans.

I actually feel for sorry Downes being caught up in all this unnecessary mess, a man who shows level headed compassion and genuine gratitude to those around him.
torregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by torregull »

If Johnson hasn't already lost the dressing room, he will soon with that type of attitude.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Its a disgrace. He's obviously intent on destroying Collins career. Collins was looking our most dangerous forward a few games ago. What a way to manage a football team.
AdrianC
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Chris Myers
Watches from: Pop side

Post by AdrianC »

We all Gary J has had a reasonable career in management, several promotions but tempered with relegations too, which is part and parcel of operating at the level he has done. May be a crucial player or two move on, the budget gets reduced or in the case of Yeovil they punched way above their weight and when it went wrong…..

But times change and players respond in different ways, different to the dinosaur approach of shout at everything and everyone!

A good man manager knows those he needs to shout at, those who need an arm put around them and those who can be left alone to manage themselves! Downes seems a far more level headed person, could he do the job with Moxey / Hall?
toastkid
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by toastkid »

Brucie,

This thread was intended for those who want to look on the bright side.

Think McFly, think!
DB57
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jimmy Dunne

Post by DB57 »

toastkid wrote: 09 Nov 2023, 18:33 Brucie,

This thread was intended for those who want to look on the bright side.

Think McFly, think!
And where would you suggest we start?
What would you suggest is bright about our current situation?
Think toastkid think
toastkid
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by toastkid »

Chortle!
DB57
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jimmy Dunne

Post by DB57 »

toastkid wrote: 09 Nov 2023, 22:28Chortle!
Ok, chortle, but how about answering the questions. Or is that to difficult ?
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

You are probably a nice person so I apologise for having a go at you.

I would guess that you are not as old as me so therefore nowhere near as cynical.

I'd just love to know for what reasons you have faith in Johnson producing anything. The bloke is a complete charlatan and is basically a liar. He stated that he identified Dolan as a player we needed. Does anybody seriously believe he had seen either of the loanees play before they rocked up from Fleetwood. It is just such complete nonsense.

By my reckoning we have 4 wide players currently on the books - Stobbs, Collins, Williams and Da Silva. We desperately need a striker and a centre half. Looking at the new bloke Arche's interview tonight the says that he is a winger. For christ sake why has Johnson signed another winger - I mean its like the bloke has completely lost the plot.

In his latest claptrap interview he spins the Yeovil debacle as some sort of close game. It really is utter shite. Apparently we win one game then lose one. Well thats not actually true is it we win one and lose SIX.

We have actually got no hope with this loser in charge.
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

We will avoid relegation.
toastkid
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by toastkid »

The intent of this thread was to get some positive views.

If you are frustrated, negative, I understand why, but I choose not to be the same.

At the Yeovil match, I saw and heard a fan from the pop side shouting foul and abusing language towards the board, across the Family Stand.

Dropping the F bomb and the C bomb in a really nasty way, within earshot of families with kids, I don’t think this is on.

I’ve previously sat in Bristows Bench and had to put up with 2 blokes hurling foul and abusive language at the management and players before a ball was even kicked.

Many will say that they pay their money and can express their views. At the detriment of perhaps 100 other supporters experience?

A young family sat next to me said they’d never come back again. It was a sunny day, optimism was high. A player mis-hit a pass and then the abuse went up another level. It think it’s wrong. People never coming back to Plainmoor. Will I take my grandson to Torquay. No chance, at the moment.

Many go to watch Torquay to hopefully be entertained, but we all know that we aren’t following Manchester City, or Exeter Chiefs, and so the rough comes with the smooth. But it’s us. We are part of it.

Imagine having to sell the idea of coming to Plainmoor to would-be signings? “Right, we’ll all get abuse before kick-off. Your supporters will hound you if you make an error. Play like Armani Little, who’s was the best player on the park and who scored 2 goals in a match, and they’ll still abuse you.”

I don’t know.

Then there’s the GJ brother. Who would you use in your line of work. Those you trust. Results don’t change a person. It’s still the same GJ and his bro who were the apples of our eyes 5 years ago, when we were winning. Football hasn’t moved on too much in 5 years. We haven’t gone from the coffee shop football from the 40s and 50s to the Christmas Tree formation. People still rattle on about 4-4-2, 4-3-3 and moan and groan. GJ attempts to present facts, statistics to get his point across. He’s covering up the cracks and trying to get his point across. Doesn’t mean that he can have people shout abuse at him.

People get so nasty about it all. You see hatred in their eyes. What on earth? My mates wife dropped dead last week. My other pal is getting over cancer. People have real problems and TUFC is an escape, a chance to have fun. What is wrong with being positive?

I can’t get out of bed and say it’s going to be shit. I can’t do it. I can’t feel hatred because we got beat by the best team in the league. Imagine if we had the most positive club, team, supporters through thick and thin. That’s what I want.

I will stand by the manager and the team. I will cheer the lads on, rather than throw shit at them.

If you want to be negative that’s up to you.

I’d rather you wouldn’t call me pathetic when I try to see things positively. I’m not an idiot, I can see what’s happening, but I’ll continue to be positive. You won’t change that.

And so, I back Gary, Aaron and the team.

We’ll win Saturday.
COYY!
Scorpion
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Danny Stevens

Post by Scorpion »

toastkid wrote: 10 Nov 2023, 11:05 The intent of this thread was to get some positive views.

If you are frustrated, negative, I understand why, but I choose not to be the same.

I will stand by the manager and the team. I will cheer the lads on, rather than throw shit at them.

If you want to be negative that’s up to you.

I’d rather you wouldn’t call me pathetic when I try to see things positively. I’m not an idiot, I can see what’s happening, but I’ll continue to be positive. You won’t change that.

And so, I back Gary, Aaron and the team.

We’ll win Saturday.
COYY!
I largely agree and frankly a very refreshing post. Not so sure about winning Saturday, but we'll see!

The team should definitely be doing better than it is and I can understand the frustration that people feel. But are players going to play better if someone yells and swears at them?
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

Scorpion wrote: 10 Nov 2023, 12:26But are players going to play better if someone yells and swears at them?
No, let's all just stand there and shrug our collective shoulders and sigh as another pass goes wayward and then all clap the team off after yet another defeat to a part-time team who ripped us apart. Of course people are going to yell (and swear) at players... it's the nature of football fans (well, some of us anyway)... because if we didn't care, we wouldn't say anything... but we do.

I'm not condoning swearing in earshot of youngsters/families, but the amount of dross we've seen on the field of late is enough to make the f**king Pope swear.
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''