Boycott Bath

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

TheYellowFromExeter wrote: 31 Oct 2023, 21:43 If we can get everyone on board with it then that could be quite a good idea
Maybe get Luke Paco Barton to organise it.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

What is beyond my comprehension is how people think we are going to make the play offs.

I mean this team is crap - we've lost almost half the games we have played this season. We havnt got one capable defender for starters, no strikers the list goes on. i wouldnt worry about Yeovil they will end up 40 points ahead of us at this rate.

As for using injuries as an excuse - we have an injury crisis every season. I mean it is farcical.

Turn up and sing songs - yes that will do the trick.

The only way that Osbourne/ Edwards and co will take any notice if 500 -750 boycotted a home game, and there are far to many happy clappers for that.

The Johnsons need to go - I mean his brother being on the payroll as head of recruitment and we cant get a player from anywhere bar the managers sons club. Just beyond me that anyone can possibly see this as anywhere near acceptable. Its a total piss take.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Brucie your points about the state of the squad are well made,but this is not rocket science, well maybe it is and us fans have got it all worng, looking at the squad at the start of the season there was clear imbalance, from the front we only had two recognised strikers, we had supposedly 9 midfielders but only manage to put a couple on the park at any given time and when lapslie and on his rare good days, hall are not available then the remainder on what we have seen to date do not possess the necessary O level in that department. A back four, even this early in the season is leaking 1.5 goals a game and show no signs of improvement, If I was the bath manager I would just say to the forwards wind Marshall up he will react and get sent off yet again.
Now, if these issues were of any concern to Johnson he showed absolutely no signs of addressing it, we have a head of recruitment who to my knowledge has brought in one youth player this season from southampton who gary didnt fancy and got rid off back from whence he came, and his son has picked up the slack so far. these latter two loans were done in haste as had as much to do with protecting his job as to fill the very obvious gaps in the team.
But as of todays press conference he still has confidence in his squad and their abilities.
toastkid
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: david graham

Post by toastkid »

We should of course be better. The squad should be stronger, but those in the squad should look at themselves and up their games.

Personally, I'd play Moxey alongside Tomlinson, then go from there.

Our players need to know when to take risks and more importantly when not to. So certainly no stupid decisions and risks in the first 20 mins, which is when we seem adept at putting ourselves a goal or two down. Sort that out and we might have half a chance
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

I’m going regardless.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

notnow wrote: 02 Nov 2023, 08:37 I’m going regardless.
Is that code for commando?
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

The idiots that were çontenplating a boycott were totally ineffective, there were actually MORE fans attending than even I expected.

Not a great match to watch, both sides lacked quality but we showed a lot of fighting spirit and deserved our slice of luck with the goal. Bath offered very little, it just shows what a piss poor league this is. A great three points .....and the same result on Tuesday would raise spirits.

Halstead and Jarvis were in a box behind us and supported the side despite being injured. Halstead said, he would be back next Saturday ( will Gary pick him, if we keep another clean sheet on Tuesday?). Jarvis looked uncomfortable in a knee brace and joins our other long term sicknotes.

Overall the result was crucial and the manner in which it was achieved was secondary, a hard match to watch. If we can score early against Yeovil, the entertainment value may increase. Just give me THREE points, well done, what a relief.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

For a start personally I think the thread title and sentiment weren't quite correct, I would have titled it in the form of a question; Is there a boycott of TUFC fans already in progress ? The answer to that is quite clearly; Yes.

For a start are we really going to express an opinion of happiness and contentment for a home attendance yesterday of 2,071, I've not taken into account Tuesday games, often exiles and those with shift pattern work commitments can't attend Tuesday games , so our first Saturday home match v Worthing and the bank holiday game v Braintree when may wouldn't have had work commitments , saw home attendances of 2,628 and 2,520 an average of 2,574, so yesterdays home attendance was 503 down, so a potential loss in ticket sales of £9k and if we guessitmate a third of those would have spent around £20 in the club bars, a potential loss of £3k in bar revenue, ineffective ? maybe not, I would suggest this is something causing great concern and no doubt being monitored by those inside TQ1.

It most be remembered that this is a potential loss of additional revenue of £12k of on this game alone compared to attendance figures previously, if this trend continues that obviously would be £12k + £12k recurring etc.

I posted my honest and heartfelt reasons for staying away, there are people in this life who moan about their jobs, yet do nothing, moan about their wives and lifestyle, yet do nothing, there are people who moan about their football clubs and do nothing, staying away is a peaceful and silent protest, it may not be much but it's better than doing nothing to try and force change.

With the ever growing group of teenagers and youth, who started with a small group 2 seasons ago, that now span virtually a block and a half of the popside, taking into account those staying away because of the cashless turnstiles, the £2 match day surcharge, how many ae being put off coming who don't know until the Saturday whether they can attend having to pay £2 extra, that wants stopping now, along with an introduction of a cash card system of match day entry.

Then add in the GJ, whether some like it or not, it's cold hard facts the list of people beginning to stay away because of his continued employment is starting to grow, GJ himself is causing more division amongst our fanbase than could ever be considered healthy, but we're stuck with him.

Change course, and I could see with all factors considered, home attendances of 3,000 + very quickly, even in the NLS.

Home attendances will hold up to a certain extent because of season ticket holders, but here lays a problem that may or may not manifest itself until next season, how many who brought a season ticket for this term, that are now regretting it ? That will not renew for next season unless this club changes course like it should have done last term.

Season tickets sales are merely a form of close season income, season ticket holders rock up to each match having paid up front, they don't pay twice, season ticket sales do not equate to monthly cash flow , those who buy individual match ticket equate to monthly cash flow, and it's amongst this group where the stay away numbers are growing rapidly.

Concerned, you should be. Those who are employed by our certainly are.
Formerly known as forevertufc
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Gate yesterday was 2288
Pretty good for National South , considering wet weather. Can't see us getting 3000 in this league even if we were top.
Gates for the opening few home games especially the first one are always higher and tail off a bit. Can't see much of a boycott going on apart from a few dozen maybe
Tuesdays attendance will certainly bump the average up.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

desperado wrote: 05 Nov 2023, 11:10 Gate yesterday was 2288
Correct it was, however 217 were from Bath, only a small handful of clubs will bring that number of away fans, Braintree brought 23 . That's why I was referring to the percentage of our attendances made of home fans , that's the important and relevant part of our attendances.
Formerly known as forevertufc