New Manager

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Colorado
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Peter Coffill

New Manager

Post by Colorado »

Would welcome insight from all of you…well at least those who think things have gone far enough. Can’t you demand a meeting with the owner and ask him directly what is going on. What have we/you got to lose?

If he refuses to man up then you have to seriously wonder what his agenda is.
Gullsandbeyond121
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Gullsandbeyond121 »

Enough is enough after we fall to new depths.
It is time for change. Time for Edwards to act.
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

Well you can try demanding to see him, I'm sure there's many 'average' people, that his business projects affect, that would love a meeting. However it's not going to happen is it.

He'll only talk to you if you were seriously considering buying the club. Even then, he'd only do so if he could make profit from the sale.

Protests or staying away from Plainmoor may have an affect. I can't do either, the costs of extra policing/stewards would be paid for with yet more loans. Smaller crowds will only help push the club into administration.

The fact he's not hone today does make me believe he's untouchable.

The only other option he may take is to sack GJ and install Downes with Hall, Moxey as player coach.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Regardless of what we feel change is difficult to achieve especially when we all seem to have a difference of perspective on the way forward for the club,it is obvious that as fans we are not treated with much if any respect by those running the club. Even if Johnson called a fans forum for next week I would not turn up because I am now of the opinion he is incapable of telling the truth. So, do we roll over and accept our fate. I believe not,there are a number of ways we can bring pressure to bear even as supporters but they are not going to be palatable to many, commercial sponsorship is vital to the club, we can make our feelings known to those companies, what is more inportant to a sponsor, their name on the touch line or their bottom line knowing their company is part of a long term boycott by fans in the bay, we can pick a game to be agreed when no one, even season ticket holders turns up say for the first 30 mimutes, do not drink in the ground pre or post match, many similar disruptive tactics have been tried by other clubs in similar positions with varying degrees of success, but the press coverage if handled carefully would be huge and will have more influence on the club than our comments on this forum.
Osborne may or may not want out of the club especially as any long term strategy he had has long gone, but I do not see buyers queuing up to buy a club like ours especially for the money osborne would be demanding for his investment. The single most inportant to him is money and not having to spend it. His 5 million plus is not as bad as it seems as his accountants would have managed to offset a goodly amount of that against tax, but if his revenue drops noticeably that will mean more out of his own pocket which will focus his mind.