Torquay Utd v Weston super Mare 25/10/23 Ko 19:45

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

Jackom wrote: 24 Oct 2023, 22:15 So frightening Weston Fans is is better than doing the Conga? Some idiots around tonight - club is getting toxic and attracting idjits who bully other fans….
See, the thing you said was 'fans getting toxic' (you never mentioned it was against the home fans)... my interpretation of what you typed was that some well deserved expletives were aimed at our dugout.... no, frightening (or fighting with) oppo fans is not to be tolerated... and I wasn't condoning that in any way shape or form.

But, for those aiming the said expletives at Mssrs Johnson & Downes tonight....carry on... and add this from me... F**K OFF NOW...BOTH OF YOU

:red:
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
Jackom
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Jackom »

Agreed!! We have reached submarine depths, time to fire the torpedos at GJ and assistant refs friend Downes
jono_Gull209
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by jono_Gull209 »

The group who laughed and joked through the minute silence, hang your heads in shame - you know who you are.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

I’d like to blame the ref, the opposition, but the truth is you just can’t. They were better than us all over the park and wanted it more
The part time team forth from bottom were just better than the full time team forth from top. They didn’t have a prolific striker or an indeed any individual that stood out,they worked all of their goals, even the penalty.
I’m not an Aron Downes fan but he came to the fans at the end, fair play. Johnson just trudged off, head down.
I hate being a conspiracy theorist but you have to ask now if Johnson is complicit with gaming international now in overseeing the demise of the club. Even if that’s wrong he’s certainly no football man.
Gullsandbeyond121
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Gullsandbeyond121 »

Just got back a total shambles and has to be said beaten by the better side. Not a leader on the pitch, and got what we deserved . Missed Lapslie although Donnellan stepped up and was my MOM.
Time for Edwards to act and fast after another Shit show
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

Johnson **** off
knightmaregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by knightmaregull »

Woeful other than 10 minutes after the goal. The calamitous penalty killed it. Donnellan worked hard when pushed to midfield second half but is further evidence of square pegs and round holes. Was knackered last 15 mins. Asa not even half fit. Ash clearly got zero confidence. Jarvis my MOTM, must be so frustrated by having no service or support. Their keeper barely tested despite looking dodgy on back passes.

As we all knew, match lost in midfield though. Absolutely awful - no support for defenders and no service for attack. Same old story.

Weston impressive from the off. A team of OAPs and Opi Edwards playing around and through us for fun. Their bald centre back was excellent although had the time of his life finding it all so easy.

Jarvis and Moxey limping off didn't look good. Halstead slipping for thr final free kick summed it up.

Only one part time team out there tonight based on performance.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

The welling paper over the crack has already gone

Embarrassing

But as GJ says the squad.is good enough

Get him gone
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

One win in 4 league matches and still we sit in 5th position - what a dreadful league this is. Hampton beat Worthing 4-1 tonight which does not bode well for Saturday's coming match.
Skillsy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Skillsy »

I was behind the goal where the penalty was given. Absolutely no doubt, ref got it right.

Lapslie gashed his leg in training and has a couple of stitches, might be back on Saturday.
GULL 67
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by GULL 67 »

Thought the truelly frightening thing was tonight, we actually put the effort in. We ran for every ball and put ourselves about. Sadly this was not good enough and we were played off the park by a part-time, average NLS side. This is undoubtedly the worst Torquay side I have ever seen. From the defence that cannot defend, the midfield through to a forward line that seem to get worse every week. Stood with my boy in the pouring rain watching us get outclassed by a average NLS side and for the first time was glad my old man was not there to witness it. Having watched them for 60 odd years, tonight would have broke his heart. We really are that bad.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

That last post sums it up.

Been supporting for about the same period. This is without doubt the worst Torquay side I have seen. The squad is hopeless.

Please go Mr Johsnson......
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Johnson didnt even have the balls to do the post match interview

GULL 67
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by GULL 67 »

Think Downes is a genuine bloke. Sadly, know it was 5-1 on Saturday but for much of that match I never saw a marvellous performance. Indeed before the penalty I felt sure we would lose. As I say, I think Downes comes across like he genuinely cares and I can't help but like the bloke. The stark truth is for me, it shows that although they do try, they are just not very good. We can and I'm sure will slate them but if we sneak into the pay-off it will be a bonus. The boy and me will continue attending but much more in hope than anticipation (at least Exeter are losing 😃).
Chelston TUFC
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Chelston TUFC »

Fair comments from Aaron Downes in the interview and a positive contrast to the usual waffle that we get from Gary Johnson.