Hemel Hempstead Town v Torquay United, 23rd September 2023

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

Southampton Gull wrote: 28 Sep 2023, 20:35 The major problem at the club is the toxicity aimed at the Manager that you and those like you keep espousing.
I would suggest the major problem at the club regarding the toxicity of the fans is the lack of communication coming from the ownership. They, or he, have failed to explain what they see as the club's future which in turn results in fans lashing out at the only visible manifestation of leadership at the club, ie the management.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I don't necessarily disagree with that point but that's been the case since day 1 of the clubs ownership under CO.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Communicatiom , wonderful word but banned from the confines of plainmoor ever since Osborne took over the ownership, in reality we are run as a private members club, and the fans, whilst being welcomed through the turnstiles will never be admitted.
This we know and have known for some seasons but it makes it no less frustrating. When we are continually fed on a diet of prevarication and hot air is it any wonder that there is no harmony from anyone or confidence in our future.
Johnson was somewhat annoyed the other week when someone in Bristows gave him a gob full, the temerity of this supporter who vocalised what many were thinking, was he right, it matters little, the club and Johnson in particular are lucky that in the main we are a fairly restrained bunch.
Johnson has always struck me as a strong character and I find it very odd that he fully acceptes the muzzle placed on him by the club, we have heard nothing since mid august about the four or five loans he was actively looking at, why he continues to spout the party line that our players are good enough and can only get better when even the least knowledgeabe of supporter can spot the duds in the team.
The deluder
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by The deluder »

The “gaffas” reported £3,000 a week wages maybe the main reason he keeps quiet.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

The deluder wrote: 29 Sep 2023, 21:44 The “gaffas” reported £3,000 a week wages maybe the main reason he keeps quiet.
Reported by whom? I have seen various figures bandied about in the past 2 or 3 seasons, but nothing official and nothing by an actual journalist.

Seems like you should have put the scare quotes around "reported"
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.