Aveley F C vs Torquay United Sat 2 Sept KO 3pm

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Yellow6
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Yellow6 »

brucie wrote: 02 Sep 2023, 17:25 The teams is in disarray . Can you ever remember a worse defence than this one? We will surely lose to Farnborough and Chelmsford and if that happens I cant see Johsnon surviving 3 defeats n 7 days. What an awful manager he has become.
Whoever it was on Bristows bench that shouted to Gary that There is a job going at Hibs was right. Very poor form for my very poor manager to turn round and start arguing with the supporters and start claiming in his interviews and in the paper that the fans had gone too far What a joke he is.
jono_Gull209
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by jono_Gull209 »

dagglebert wrote: 02 Sep 2023, 20:21 One of our worst ever days, getting well beaten by a village team with average attendance well below 1000. But note that they are second in the table now ! This league is so poor its embarassing that we are not shining.
It’s not though is it? We are where we are. I stopped presuming our history was enough for teams to roll over and give us the points years ago.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

We are only 7 games into the season and already this League is showing hugely inconsistent results because there are as yet no quality teams. It could change.

Worthing looked good and then lost at Home to Aveley 1-2 and today got hammered 4-0 by Braintree who looked pretty poor at Plainmoor last Saturday.

Bath City are top because they have scored 17 Goals to our 10.

Chelmsford have the best defence conceding 4 goals in 7 games.

Weston Super Mare won their first 3 games on the bounce and have picked up 1 point from the last 4 games.

We could not beat Dover who are 21st and just beat Slough who are bottom.

We all agree we need Dawson and Hall back but when? Deano who I guess will play on Tuesday night v Farnborough is quality.

We will get better but when depends on Loan Players and it is urgent because we are actually in a good postion points wise after 7 games considering just how poorly we have played.

We have 13 points Yeovil have 11.It could be worse!

What I just cannot get my head around is how bad we are in defence when you think back to Aaron Downes playing days. He was a great Center Back so why can he not coach the players we have to defend as a team.Part of the problem is we have no leaders on the pitch without Hall, Moxey and Dawson.

Surely as a full time team things will change soon for everybodys sanity.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

We’re in a poor, part-time league, the sixth tier of English football. We’re playing like a side in the bottom half. The last 4 wins were lucky so this was coming. We need fresh ideas, I think we have good enough squad to be performing at a better level than we are!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Its not just 7 games though is it. The season after our play -off final defeat we were mediocre, not GJ fault we were told by the masses, not his fault the play offs were scheduled late, wait till he has a full close season of preparations, well he had that, and followed it up with relegation.

So now we're back in the NLS and there are some good teams of course, but it's virtually all part -time, and from the mid table down the clubs are so poorly resourced compared to us, from what I can gather Braintree's budget is less than a third of ours, for example, many teams will not have have the strength in depth in their squads, or the fitness to match us, so we will win a lot of games regardless of how we play, by default, and that's not meant to be disrespectful, to some butt hurt NLS fans who read our forum.

Promotion is a minimum requirement this season, so whats key, is our results against teams either placed in the top 7 or likely to finish in the top 7, so far that stands at played 2 lost 2 zero points, simply not good enough.

I predicted a 3.1 win for Aveley today, not really happy at being almost right, more feeling sad and frustrated, that a win for Aveley today was so obvious and predictable.

Even more frustrated that even now, seems more than half of our fan base seem quite happy to put the bomb proof GJ on some pedistool where by he's almost untouchable, it's time to stop happy clapping this shit show, it's really time to ramp up the pressure on our so called local board to bring about meaningful change, but that isn't going to happen, to many with their heads stuck in the clouds.

I fear, our club is lost.
Formerly known as forevertufc
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Dave wrote: 02 Sep 2023, 21:48 I fear, our club is lost.
I remember Barrow FC fans saying this when they spent 48 seasons in the top two levels of non-league football, with five relegations from – and promotions to the National League. Shit happens - live with it.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

uninspirational blah blah blah
toastkid
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: david graham

Post by toastkid »

GJs words after the game were fair and reasonable, but we need to know what he is going to do to change things. For example, should he drop the player who made the most misplaced passes? Should he guarantee to drop 2 or 3 players if the team don't perform? We need to see action taken by GJ, else, before long, action will be taken against him, or should be.

A win on Tuesday and all is not lost, but a few players need a rocket!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

MellowYellow wrote: 02 Sep 2023, 22:26 I remember Barrow FC fans saying this when they spent 48 seasons in the top two levels of non-league football, with five relegations from – and promotions to the National League. Shit happens - live with it.
Hear what your saying about Barrow, however in 48 years from now I'll be 102 years old and most likely to have shuffled off this mortal coil :rofl:
Forgive my honesty, however describing the current situation as 'shit happens' demonstrates a small degree of ignorance, for a start that would suggest bad things coming from events beyond the clubs control, that would be false, events leading to the current situation were 'well' with in our clubs control, so 'no' I will not live with it, nor should any TUFC fan.

However I should thank you, for at least proving my sentiment, that a large slice of our fan base will tolerate literally any crap, to be a correct one.
Formerly known as forevertufc
bobbytanz1963
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by bobbytanz1963 »

Shambles springs to mind regarding todays non performance !

This constant wishing for the messiah like return of Dawson and Hall is quite sad as both I believe are weeks if not months away from being available

Then there is the loan market where if sure we will pick up an experienced Centre half and midfielder but the again we seem to bring in youthful inexperienced players bar Mark Ellis last year.

Don’t get me started on Downes as whilst he was a quality defender his coaching ability is clearly lacking as we seem to have a naive back four.

Should we now look at a fresh start ?? With the current incumbents running the club that ain’t gonna happen so we are stuck with Laurel and Hardy
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

You are still on here apologising for the manager. The bloke is an imbecile . He cant drop 3 players because the rest of his players are too old and injured, or players he signed on extended contracts who are not considered good enough.

No alll is not lost but I would say its very unlikely that we will beat Farnborough and Chelmsford, the way we are playing at the moment.

How is it possible for a team with 300 odd fans to assemble a fit for purpose team when a team with miles more resources than that resembles a shitshow of epic proportions. Our points tally exceeds the level of our performances this season.

We are being outplayed by the opposition in most games just as we were at the start of last season. Todays effort was a total disgrace. A low point in our history, make no mistake.
DB57
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jimmy Dunne

Post by DB57 »

Looking forward to Southampton Gull or Teddibear explains why we should continue to put our faith in Johnson.
Might have to wait until they extract their heads from the sand that they are deeply buried in.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

DB57 wrote: 02 Sep 2023, 23:43 Looking forward to Southampton Gull or Teddibear explains why we should continue to put our faith in Johnson.
Might have to wait until they extract their heads from the sand that they are deeply buried in.
Look at the table. Anyone would think we were in the drop zone. 7 games in and it's embarrassing to see how fickle some of our 'fans' are.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
teddiebear
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by teddiebear »

In gary we trust
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

I feel the pain and unhappiness of some of our supporters. Research undertaken by the University of Sussex identified that the cumulative effect of being a football fan is “overwhelmingly negative”. Data analysis of three million responses show that the pain felt by football fans after a defeat is more than double the joy of winning. Nonetheless, you can't go through life allowing this 'temporary' pain to dictate how you think and behave - get a grip. Continuing to follow Torquay even though it causes more pain than pleasure may look irrational from the outside but being a 'Yellow' is addictive, as we are always trying to get back the massive high of seeing our team win. I suggest we systematically over-estimate the probability of our team winning and never revise or learn from experience.