Torquay v Chippenham Town 15/08/23 19:45

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

BigDave wrote: 16 Aug 2023, 11:49 I had the same issues and received the following response from:
K Bron <[email protected]>

[redacted for pointlessness]

I don't care about the £9.50 but the disdainful arrogance riles me enough to want to take it further if I can discover the right authority to complain to.

I have yet to receive a response, although I did email during the game to request a refund. The fact that they're claiming that nobody else had the problem is ridiculous since the club posted a tweet with video of the goals "in case you missed it on the stream".

The terms and conditions are designed to make it easy for them to refuse a refund (apparently 30 minutes of the game have to be unavailable to watch) and it's obvious they'll do everything in their power to keep the money.

I noted with interest that Bolton this season have stepped away from the EFL 'iFollow' platform in favour of their own set up. Presumably this gives them greater control and a bigger share of revenue. Obviously their fanbase is higher than ours but I'd love to know what their break-even point is.

[edit - I have just seen that the provider for NLTV is the same as for Bolton's new platform.]
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

I expected a re action from the players after Saturday and I was relieved to find a team busting to get a result in front of 2,029 fans last night.
Unlike Saturday when we were wide open and Mark Hallstead had to make numerous saves last night he rarely had to make a save as we limited Chippenham to very few chances.
I thought Martin, Lapslie, Marshall and Stobbs were excellent and Aaron Jarvis despite a dead leg never gave up and his winning goal was brilliant given he was surrounded by 4 Chippenham defenders.
If you watch the highlights the winning move started with Dillon De Silva pressing and winning the ball which proved crucial.
I would start De Silva because Collins in the second half barely touched the ball and when back tracking he was very weak simply not getting in a tackle to win the ball.
It seems Asa Hall was hospitalised with an ankle injury so he may be out for a while.
In his interview GJ seems to accept that we have to go 4-4-2 and I thought most of the time we had a better shape except when Donnellan was caught too high up the pitch which led to the Chippenham equaliser.
Hats off to the Popside who made a great atmosphere in the last 20 minutes with their support which lifted the players over the line.
I was very pleased for Ross Marshall, what a great header, because it seems he was affected big time by an eyesight issue which is bad enough in normal life but for a Professional Sportsman must be very worrying.
COYY.
I predicted a 2-1 win a rare event right result and score!
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Louis »

This weeks prediction league update… Last game vs: Chippenham WIN 2-1

Username ----------------- Prediction ----------------- Overall Points
Gullsandbeyond121 ----------------- 2-1 ----------------- 4
Mr Tea808 ----------------- 2-1 ----------------- 4
portugull ----------------- 2-1 ----------------- 4
RodneyJacksRightFoot ----------------- 2-1 ----------------- 4
UnitedinDevon ----------------- 2-1 ----------------- 4
Dgulls ----------------- 2-1 ----------------- 4
Hornblower ----------------- 2-0 ----------------- 2
Cheddargull ----------------- 2-0 ----------------- 1
dawlishmatt ----------------- 3-2 ----------------- 1
DerekDawkinsJnr ----------------- 1-0 ----------------- 1
Eirik ----------------- 3-0 ----------------- 1
happytorq ----------------- 5-2 ----------------- 1
Kingsgull83 ----------------- 3-1 ----------------- 1
leetufc ----------------- 4-2 ----------------- 1
MellowYellow ----------------- 3-1 ----------------- 1
Midlandgull ----------------- 1-0 ----------------- 1
Minneapolisgull ----------------- 1-3 ----------------- 1
Nick Potkins ----------------- 1-3 ----------------- 1
Southampton Gull ----------------- 4-1 ----------------- 1
SuperNickyWroe ----------------- 3-1 ----------------- 1
United62 ----------------- 3-0 ----------------- 1
Wolborough ----------------- DNP ----------------- 1
Taelee73 ----------------- 3-1 ----------------- 1
zebgull ----------------- 2-0 ----------------- 1
notnow ----------------- 3-0 ----------------- 1
Hot Rod ----------------- 5-1 ----------------- 1
teddiebear ----------------- 9-0 ----------------- 1
Brewers boy ----------------- 3-2 ----------------- 1
Admiral ----------------- 0-2 ----------------- 0
AdrianC ----------------- 1-1 ----------------- 0
budegull1954 ----------------- 1-1 ----------------- 0
Chelston TUFC ----------------- DNP ----------------- 0
Cruisinho ----------------- 1-1 ----------------- 0
Dave_Pougher ----------------- DNP ----------------- 0
DevonBee ----------------- DNP ----------------- 0
Forest gull ----------------- DNP ----------------- 0
gullsgullsgulls ----------------- 0-0 ----------------- 0
Hereford Gull66 ----------------- DNP ----------------- 0
Incredigull ----------------- 2-2 ----------------- 0
Knightmaregull ----------------- DNP ----------------- 0
Louis ----------------- 0-0 ----------------- 0
markypoos77 ----------------- 0-2 ----------------- 0
North Curry House ----------------- 1-2 ----------------- 0
SDYellow ----------------- 2-3 ----------------- 0
Sesimbra ----------------- 2-2 ----------------- 0
SWgull ----------------- 1-1 ----------------- 0
Swindon gull ----------------- DNP ----------------- 0
torregull ----------------- 2-2 ----------------- 0
tufcyellowarmy ----------------- 1-1 ----------------- 0
Willhtq ----------------- 2 Predictions ----------------- 0
Wubble U ----------------- DNP ----------------- 0
culmstockgull ----------------- 1-3 ----------------- 0
The deluder ----------------- 1-1 ----------------- 0
Oil Beef Hooked ----------------- 2-3 ----------------- 0
numpte ----------------- 0-2 ----------------- 0
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

bobbytanz1963
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by bobbytanz1963 »

I wondered whether those saying it was a terrible game last night were actually there ??? I thought it was 100 times a better performance by us. Chippenham weren’t as good as Worthing but still a test.

Plus points were:

4-4-2

Ross Marshall - I’ve been a critic of him but he did well bst the odd loose cannon moment … the barging their No 4 was needless

Ash/Jarvis - they look to link up now

Negatives

Injuries !!!!
No back up forward on bench
Floodlight - naff
Lack of confidence in defence

Let’s hope things continue on the upward trend and maybe sone loans of experienced CB/CM ?
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

bobbytanz1963 wrote: 16 Aug 2023, 18:56 I wondered whether those saying it was a terrible game last night were actually there ??? I thought it was 100 times a better performance by us. Chippenham weren’t as good as Worthing but still a test.
It was terrible in the sense that compared to many's pre season optimism it still leaves a lot to be desired. Of course it was better than the Worthing game because that was catastrophic.
If we carry on like last night we will finish mid-table and there are some posters on this forum who are of the opinion that if we don't get out of this division in one season the club faces an existential threat.
Saints1908
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Saints1908 »

happytorq wrote: 16 Aug 2023, 15:19 I have yet to receive a response, although I did email during the game to request a refund. The fact that they're claiming that nobody else had the problem is ridiculous since the club posted a tweet with video of the goals "in case you missed it on the stream".

The terms and conditions are designed to make it easy for them to refuse a refund (apparently 30 minutes of the game have to be unavailable to watch) and it's obvious they'll do everything in their power to keep the money.

I noted with interest that Bolton this season have stepped away from the EFL 'iFollow' platform in favour of their own set up. Presumably this gives them greater control and a bigger share of revenue. Obviously their fanbase is higher than ours but I'd love to know what their break-even point is.

[edit - I have just seen that the provider for NLTV is the same as for Bolton's new platform.]
Well, it was worth escalating as I have now received this further response:

"Thanks for waiting.

Your refund has been processed and should hit your account in 5-7 days. If you have any more questions, just hit reply and I'll sort you out.

Many thanks,"
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

bobbytanz1963 wrote: 16 Aug 2023, 18:56 I wondered whether those saying it was a terrible game last night were actually there ??? I thought it was 100 times a better performance by us. Chippenham weren’t as good as Worthing but still a test.
Agree with this. I watched the stream at the time but I just got around to watching highlights. Don't know how much it's edited to make us look better but I see plenty for encouragement.

Some decent passing. Excellent movement from Jarvis for the winner (having won the ball). Lovely goal from Marshall; if he can keep being no-nonsense in defence and chip in with a marauding run forward, that's fine by me.

on the other side - we still look vulnerable in defence, especially against pace (and when Donnellan tries to jump in the win the ball and...doesn't.)

Worthing was still shit, but don't feel anywhere near as despondent now

In need of another centre-half at the very minimum. Doing so would free Donellan to play in midfield, where his losing the ball high up would be less likely to cost us
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Pre season optimism gone mad by some deluded people who thought we'd walk this League.
Agree with Portugull Collins leaves a lot to be desired tracking back, tackling and pressing higher up.
Talent going forward but we need more from him. Ross Marshall had an excellent game, the goal was terrific from him, intercepted deep in defence, steamed forward , spread it wide and made a great run to meet that perfect cross from Stobbs.
jono_Gull209
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by jono_Gull209 »

Plus points were:

4-4-2

Ross Marshall - I’ve been a critic of him but he did well bst the odd loose cannon moment … the barging their No 4 was needless

Ash/Jarvis - they look to link up now

Negatives

Injuries !!!!
No back up forward on bench
Floodlight - naff
Lack of confidence in defence

Let’s hope things continue on the upward trend and maybe sone loans of experienced CB/CM ?

Agreed, I’m not sure who expected to play amazing football on Tuesday night, only a couple of days after one of the worst days at Plainmoor I’ve seen! Result was the main thing and something to build on.