Torquay v Chippenham Town 15/08/23 19:45

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Cruisinho
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Cruisinho »

1-1
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

TQOner wrote: 14 Aug 2023, 18:10 Christ. I’ve just seen someone mention they’d play McGavin, but leave out Jarvis 😂.
Sorry that was me - but it was Collins for Jarvis and McGavin to start over Hall as a deep-lying playmaker. I knew I would get belters on the selection but I cannot see myself continuing to pay £18 to watch hoof-ball in the NLS when I can get that from the local Sunday league team - for nought. Is it so controversial to rest Jarvis for one hoof-ball match so the rest of the players can get use to playing ball to feet. Maybe it is - but if we hoof-ball ourselves to another 3-0 defeat I get a feeling another 1,000 will be joining me to watch Sunday league football. Then what?
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Cheddargull wrote: 14 Aug 2023, 19:48 People pay their money and they are entitled to express their opinion/frustration. Who are you to tell people what to do.
I agree with Skillsy on this. Protest at the end if necessary but support the team on the pitch. Clue's in the word supporter.
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

Agree, all booing, name calling does is destroy any remaining confidence. Players won't want to try anything inventive as they'll get destroyed if it doesn't come off.

I sometimes dispair at the mentality of some supporters, a toxic atmosphere will only produce an even poorer performance.

At the final whistle by all means voice your feelings but get behind them (mistakes and all) until the games over.

Hopefully a response to Saturday, although an early goal for them could spell disaster.

3-1. 1,750 in attendance.
Hornblower
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Hornblower »

A bit of breathing space for Gary, Torquay 2 - 0 Chipenham
Incredigull
PL Champion 23/24
PL Champion 23/24

Post by Incredigull »

2-2
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell

Post by portugull »

I am banking on a huge reaction from the players who all know that their performance on Saturday was unacceptable.

The problem is who is fit to play? It does make forecasting the score and the result so very difficult.

Tom Lapslie is vital but will he be fit. No idea.

Moxey and Craske seem unlikely to be fit.

Who of the outfield players have not featured in the opening 2 games. Crowe,Martin,Marshall,Thomas.

I go 2-1 to United more in hope than expectation. It all depends on how the boys react and we MUST support the team. COYY
toastkid
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: david graham

Post by toastkid »

Well said Taelee.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Cheddargull wrote: 14 Aug 2023, 19:48 People pay their money and they are entitled to express their opinion/frustration. Who are you to tell people what to do.
Teddiebear.

I mean YAWNNNN!
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

westbaygull wrote: 14 Aug 2023, 20:26 I agree with Skillsy on this. Protest at the end if necessary but support the team on the pitch. Clue's in the word supporter.
I agree with westbaygull .....
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Skillsy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Skillsy »

Cheddargull.

You're right, You pay your money and you can say what you like, I suppose.
But anyone who's played the game knows that when people get on your back, it makes you worse.
Caroline648
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Kenny Allen

Post by Caroline648 »

I can't believe that Torquay won''t be good enough to beat Chip'n'pin at home in a pub league that, just a few weeks back, many on here were convinced it was a foregone conclusion that they were going to be champions and promoted straight back up again. It may be that GJ will once more make it just the single season in National South, but if these Mickey Mouse part time teams keep winning, that single season may be followed by a visit to the Southern League.
bobbytanz1963
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by bobbytanz1963 »

Taelee73 wrote: 14 Aug 2023, 21:02 Agree, all booing, name calling does is destroy any remaining confidence. Players won't want to try anything inventive as they'll get destroyed if it doesn't come off.

I sometimes dispair at the mentality of some supporters, a toxic atmosphere will only produce an even poorer performance.

At the final whistle by all means voice your feelings but get behind them (mistakes and all) until the games over.

Hopefully a response to Saturday, although an early goal for them could spell disaster.

3-1. 1,750 in attendance.
Question - what creates the toxic atmosphere ? Surely it’s the ineptitude of the players and management so if they haven’t got the b#lls to accept criticism or in fact just bloody ignore it then they have no backbone !

I will as ever be making the 150 mile round trip tomorrow in the vain hope that there is a performance worthy of appreciation
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

3-0 home win. Love this Louis, great effort in getting everyone engaged.
Hopefully the game at Dover was indeed lack of concentration. The game v Worthing was a blip due to pressure to win in front of a big home crowd. We need to get used to this league and playing against part timers who are looking for a scalp. However, we do need a commanding experienced CB and are obviously missing Dawson’s busy energy and experience. Another striker would be good but hey, doesn’t everyone. A loss against Chippenham and it’s going to start getting toxic which is very uncomfortable to see.
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

I'm going for a 3-2 win for the Gulls