Torquay v Chippenham Town 15/08/23 19:45

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

TUFC 4, Chippenham 1
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Youd play Fat Macgavin and leave Jarvis out - probably the most stupid thing I have ever heard. Honestly get a grip.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

brucie wrote: 14 Aug 2023, 13:12 Bring Crowe and Marshall back in.

Crowe deserves a chance and Marshall is bigger and stronger than Tomlinson. That line up you put up is atrocious and will see us getting beaten again.

I'd go Crowe-Marshall-Donellan- Martin

Stobbs-Lapslie-Hall-De Silva

Collins-Jarvis

To me that team looks a little stronger
We don't know is fit and who isn't, but assuming both are available, I'd agree with you here and put Marshall and Crowe in - with the caveat that I'd probably keep Tomlinson in there and push Donellan into midfield (mostly on the assumption that Lapslie remains crocked). With that said, leaving Ash out wouldn't be something I do, and I also don't see Johnson stepping away from the 3-5-2 so the point is arguably moot anyway.

If was up to me:

Crowe-Marshall-Tomlinson-Martin
Stobbs-Hall-Donnellan-Collins
Ash-Jarvis

If we must persist with 3-5-2, then we'd really have to put Donellan back there since Craske is apparnetly injured (and wasn't very good the other day, although nobody emerged with real credit)
In that scenario -

Donnellan-Tomlinson-Marshall
Crowe Martin
Hall-Jenkins-Davies
Collins
Ash-Jarvis

I realise this doesn't give us a lot of midfield cover but ffs, we thought we had that already and got murdered by Worthing. Might as well try to score a few. Also gives you some flexibility on the bench since you'd have Stobbs and Da SIvla there (plus McGavin if you're desperate).

But I think we all know that - barring surprise loanees today or tomorrow - it'd be as close to the same 11 as last time with on enforced absences.

anyway, prediction. We have to to win but I can't see us keeping a clean sheet so I'll for maximum chaos and say 5-2 Torquay

(you'll see I have no expectation of actually winning the prediction thing)
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

I am McGavin biggest critic - on Sat I could have brought out his contract and given him his bus fare home. Nonetheless, I gave my reasoning - hoof-ball or football? A balanced team is always more effective than an unbalanced team as Worthing proved on Sat. Our forwards may be brilliant but how far can they go with a 'broken team'. You cant complain about a teams performance one week and expect to see the same thing over again the following week - that's what whiners do and I know your not one of those. For me, something has to give because 2,000 fans are not going to turn up just to see Jarvis play if we keep losing. So back to my reasoning I want to see possession football - ball to feet - simples! We must introduce a deep-lying playmaker for this to happen, If that's stupid so be it.
P.S. I am not leaving Jarvis out for McGavin I am leaving him out for Collins.
Last edited by MellowYellow on 14 Aug 2023, 17:03, edited 1 time in total.
Oil Beef Hooked
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Chris Hargreaves
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Oil Beef Hooked »

Using current form and the fact that we have never beaten Chippenham in the league, I’m going for a narrow defeat :'(

TUFC 2:3 Chippenham

I sincerely hope I’m wrong though, otherwise the atmosphere will become more toxic than it was on Saturday.
Steve

:scarf: YELLOW ARMY :scarf:
jono_Gull209
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by jono_Gull209 »

Halstead
Donnellan Tomlinson Marshall Martin
WJD Lapslie
Stobbs Ash Collins
Jarvis

Craske and Mox looked injured. Who knows about Lapslie, let’s hope he’s back.
TQOner
Trialist
Trialist

Post by TQOner »

Christ. I’ve just seen someone mention they’d play McGavin, but leave out Jarvis 😂.

McGavin has had one too many chances. Time after time he fails to deliver and literally offers zilch. We’d be better off playing with 10.

4-2-3-1 seems the most solid formation, would like to see Da Silva start, possibly at the expense of Stobbs or Collins.
SDYellow
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: The next scorer

Post by SDYellow »

With the way we are so open at the back, I can't see us winning any time soon. 2-3 Chippenham
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

I imagine that Lapslie, Craske and Moxey are out

-----------------Halstead
Donellan Marshall Tomlinson Martin
------------------ Hall
-------------WJD-----Hanson
Stobbs --------Jarvis---------Collins

Some options on the bench with Ash / Da Silva then McGavin/ Crowe / Lovett

Prediction 2-1
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

0-2
toastkid
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: david graham

Post by toastkid »

I'm always a fan of 4-3-3. Compact midfield, try to our number them in the middle of the park....

We shall see. Despite being a GJ supporter, I think if we lose this game, then he will be on his way.

So a win please!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Blimey have you turned? about time too.
Skillsy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Skillsy »

Everyone agrees it's been a poor start, and obviously we all have opinions about the cause.

But, I have one request......everybody who goes tomorrow night, PLEASE get right behind the lads. If it all goes off at the first sign of a misplaced pass, all it will do is make the situation worse. If you're only going with the intention of picking faults, please don't go.

If we all get behind the team there is a far better chance of a good result.
Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams
Watches from: The sofa

Post by Eirik »

TUFC - Chippenham 3-0
-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

Skillsy wrote: 14 Aug 2023, 19:05
But, I have one request......everybody who goes tomorrow night, PLEASE get right behind the lads. If it all goes off at the first sign of a misplaced pass, all it will do is make the situation worse. If you're only going with the intention of picking faults, please don't go.
People pay their money and they are entitled to express their opinion/frustration. Who are you to tell people what to do.