Pre-Season Friendlies

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Common knowledge. Had an operation on his hamstring in the summer apparently.
DB57
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jimmy Dunne

Post by DB57 »

Southampton Gull wrote: 30 Jul 2023, 10:02 Winning the NLS and getting us to the NL Playoff final? Well earned whatever it was.......
Failing to clinch promotion, poor recruitment, relegation failure to develop young players, no youth set up worthy of a mention - money for nothing
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DevonBee »

Southampton Gull wrote: 30 Jul 2023, 10:02

Winning the NLS and getting us to the NL Playoff final? Well earned whatever it was.......
Southampton Gull wrote: 30 Jul 2023, 10:02 Winning the NLS and getting us to the NL Playoff final? Well earned whatever it was.......
Not good enough, as has been said so many times.
An experienced manager should have won us the league that season not ended in the play off lottery 🤷‍♂️
He failed us when the league should have been won.
And here we are now. Short memories by soo many.
Let’s blame the referee ?
No blame Johnson who did not strengthen and see us over the line as an experienced manager should have done…again my opinion 🤔
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Give it a rest DevonBee....please !!
How many more times !!?
Re Dawsons injury , not common enough knowledge for the club to tell the fans.
teddiebear
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by teddiebear »

Bee sounds like an ice clock
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by DevonBee »

DB57 wrote: 30 Jul 2023, 12:41 Failing to clinch promotion, poor recruitment, relegation failure to develop young players, no youth set up worthy of a mention - money for nothing
Fully agree, pity so many others cannot accept the reality of mismanagement. The truth of everything you have listed is simply the facts !
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

Here's the thing, we won NLS when we were the only FT club in the league, and GJ has dined out on that pretty much ever since, we should of got promoted to League 2, but we blew up badly and what happened at Ashton Gate happened, but ever since its been fairly bad, I know we've lost good, reliable talent, but last season was awful, some of those performance rank alongside the worst I've ever seen, and I'm including being the mid 80' and mid 90's when it was bleak....GJ in my view should of walked, the whole set up and no communication is weird, and just in keeping with things
teddiebear
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by teddiebear »

Live with it. Thats how it is
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

DB57 wrote: 30 Jul 2023, 12:41 Failing to clinch promotion, poor recruitment, relegation failure to develop young players, no youth set up worthy of a mention - money for nothing
Covolan, Mcdonald, Cameron, Nemane, CLE, Randell, Sherring, Lewis blah blah blah. You could add Wynter and Little so I'd say quite a few developed well under his management. Fickle fans with short memories.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
aggrey_25
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: aggrey

Post by aggrey_25 »

Slightly worrying Weymouth best Southampton B 5-0
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

I guess Southampton have a lot of promising players but they sent their best to Torquay but not to Weymouth??
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Brucie, it may be common knowledge to you and your sources that dawson had an operation during the summer, I would love to see any comment from the club on that subject, as far as I can see there has not been one, not even confirming your assertion. So common knowledge , maybe in your living room but we have learnt from experience on this forum that not all comments have any degree of accuracy.
GullsUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by GullsUnited »

I would like to know the lineup before we make any judgement from the results, may not have been the same team they Brought to us, regardless its now all focus on Dover, that'll be the real test
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

GullsUnited it was a completely different team just read the Southampton Match Reports on their Website for Weymouth and Torquay games.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by DevonBee »

Southampton Gull wrote: 30 Jul 2023, 15:26 Covolan, Mcdonald, Cameron, Nemane, CLE, Randell, Sherring, Lewis blah blah blah. You could add Wynter and Little so I'd say quite a few developed well under his management. Fickle fans with short memories.
Randell now that is hilarious, do you honestly think Plymouthhave not brought him on to the player he is today.
Amazed you have not mentioned Lawrence as Johnson played such a huge part in his progress 🤣🤣
Saints had nothing to do with his development …all down to Downes and Johnson.
The rest judge for yourself with those rose tinted 😎 on.