NLTV to stream NLS games this season

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

NLTV to stream NLS games this season

Post by United62 »

https://torquayunited.com/national-leag ... ng-update/

Great news for us exiles. A shame they don't show the 3pm Saturday kick-offs as well.
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Having been able to stream all of Torquay games last season, I feel incredibly disappointed that I can't do the same this year.

There's no legal reason they can't broadcast the Saturday games outside the UK, and there's also no logistical reason either since all the clubs will have the equipment for the midweek games.

I don't know what it costs to do it, of course, but it still feels like a cop out
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

happytorq wrote: 18 Jul 2023, 13:45 Having been able to stream all of Torquay games last season, I feel incredibly disappointed that I can't do the same this year.

There's no legal reason they can't broadcast the Saturday games outside the UK, and there's also no logistical reason either since all the clubs will have the equipment for the midweek games.

I don't know what it costs to do it, of course, but it still feels like a cop out
https://www.nationalleaguetv.com/faqs

It looks to me, reading the above, that you can indeed view all games if you live abroad...

Games taking place during UEFA Blocked Hours (generally kicking off at 3pm) are available outside the UK, Republic of Ireland, Isle of Man and Channel Islands only.

Fixtures taking place at all other times (e.g. midweeks) are available to view worldwide.
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

United62 wrote: 18 Jul 2023, 14:18 https://www.nationalleaguetv.com/faqs

It looks to me, reading the above, that you can indeed view all games if you live abroad...

Games taking place during UEFA Blocked Hours (generally kicking off at 3pm) are available outside the UK, Republic of Ireland, Isle of Man and Channel Islands only.

Fixtures taking place at all other times (e.g. midweeks) are available to view worldwide.
all other times. (emphasis mine)

so...nope, sadly not. This is from the club news article;

"All games not subject to UEFA Article 48 regulation will be streamed exclusively live on National League TV – this means all midweek and any other non-Saturday 3pm games will be permitted on the platform."

The NL twitter account confirms that for NLS/NLN games, they will not be available outside the UK during the Article 48 blackout times. That is different than for the higher NL division, which - like last year - is apparently ok ignoring that rule. That's why it's so baffling.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

Get a firestick and you can stream all games. Even 3pm Saturday games
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

Forest gull wrote: 18 Jul 2023, 20:03 Get a firestick and you can stream all games. Even 3pm Saturday games
No. You. Can't.

Not through NLTV, anyway - if there's some other site that is randomly showing games, it's news to me. The NL release this morning stated that for NLS/NLN they are not showing the games during that Saturday 3pm window, even if you happen to live abroad.

I do, so lst season I watched basically every game from December after it was launched. My assumption was that they'd be rolling it out in a similar fashion to the divisions below, but we now know that they're not.

gullsgullsgulls
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Sills

Post by gullsgullsgulls »

But:

happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

gullsgullsgulls wrote: 18 Jul 2023, 21:08 But:

That's for NL games. Not NLS or NLN. Their news article and twitter account confirmed.

https://x.com/SvenskaSeadogs/status/1681249466525818883

Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by Forest gull »

happytorq wrote: 18 Jul 2023, 20:18 No. You. Can't.

Not through NLTV, anyway - if there's some other site that is randomly showing games, it's news to me. The NL release this morning stated that for NLS/NLN they are not showing the games during that Saturday 3pm window, even if you happen to live abroad.

I do, so lst season I watched basically every game from December after it was launched. My assumption was that they'd be rolling it out in a similar fashion to the divisions below, but we now know that they're not.

Yes you can
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

Forest gull wrote: 18 Jul 2023, 21:32 Yes you can
Cool, we'll see on August 5th, shall we. Care to place a £20 bet for charity on whether or not we'll be able to?

Happy to offer full mea culpa too if I'm wrong and you're right.

MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

happytorq wrote: 18 Jul 2023, 21:40 Cool, we'll see on August 5th, shall we. Care to place a £20 bet for charity on whether or not we'll be able to?

Happy to offer full mea culpa too if I'm wrong and you're right.
Nothing to see on Aug 5th, as the first round of North and South Divisions games to be streamed on NLTV will be on the week of Monday 14 August
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane

Post by Midlandgull »

You absolutely CAN watch games on the livestream on Saturdays at 3pm. It won't work by doing it normally, but a simple VPN and changing location to say Canada, US or wherever and it works. Did it a fair few times last season.

It didn't impact me going to games, still went to quite a few, but allowed me to watch the games when getting there was just not an option. So it was money the club wouldn't have got as I signed up for the monthly subscription.
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

Express VPN - works perfectly where ever you find yourself in the world. Other VPN's are also available but this one is easy to use and worked for every saturday 3pm game last season i wanted to watch.

For NLS / NLN, i suspect they are not going to stream them on saturdays (which is a shame) because i suspect they think their market is pretty small and the cost of doing so outweighs the take up. Few fans in other countries going to tune in and who is going to all the trouble on a Saturday to get a VPN (£12 a month) and then to watch Aveley v Weymouth. not many
TUST #324
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

Midlandgull wrote: 18 Jul 2023, 22:48 You absolutely CAN watch games on the livestream on Saturdays at 3pm. It won't work by doing it normally, but a simple VPN and changing location to say Canada, US or wherever and it works. Did it a fair few times last season.

It didn't impact me going to games, still went to quite a few, but allowed me to watch the games when getting there was just not an option. So it was money the club wouldn't have got as I signed up for the monthly subscription.
I feel like you, and others here are missing the point.

That is - National League TV will not - for NLS/NLN - be offering the livestream on these games. That means that I (in the US) cannot stream them despite being outside of the area that Article 48 is supposed to affect.

It also follows, then, that a VPN will also not work - there's no actual stream to grab in the first place, so your location (either actual or spoofed via VPN) is entirely irrelevant.

You can watch the normal National League games - this is what I did last season - but our crapness last season means that I have very little interest in paying £160 (or whatever it ends up being) for the opportunity to watch Oxford City vs Fylde.

torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

numpte wrote: 19 Jul 2023, 11:39 Express VPN - works perfectly where ever you find yourself in the world. Other VPN's are also available but this one is easy to use and worked for every saturday 3pm game last season i wanted to watch.

For NLS / NLN, i suspect they are not going to stream them on saturdays (which is a shame) because i suspect they think their market is pretty small and the cost of doing so outweighs the take up. Few fans in other countries going to tune in and who is going to all the trouble on a Saturday to get a VPN (£12 a month) and then to watch Aveley v Weymouth. not many
Check out Surfshark VPN. Much cheaper than that and works well on my Firestick.
TUST member 200 ;-)