UNCLE CLARKES RADIO DEVON INTERVIEW

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Owers had more than enough time to keep us up. He failed. He is at fault.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Scott Brehaut wrote: 22 Apr 2018, 21:27 Owers had more than enough time to keep us up. He failed. He is at fault.
Agree.

We needed a Mark Yates or a Martin Allen. It was obvious to everyone.

We thought we were going to get someone of that calibre too when CO took an age over the appointment.

We got Gary Owers.

The rest is history. Like TUFC.

Parasite owner.

Parasite manager.

Parasite assistant.

Parasite general manager.

Parasite footballers.

Parasite councillors.

The whole thing is bent!
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

My overall feeling when osborne said about challenging for promotion next season was ...it would have been easier to make the right appointments this season and minimum stay in this league rather than try and do the right decisions next season and get promoted. Considering they are sticking with the failed decisions I can't see how that will work for next season
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

No freehold for sale = No Osborne. Come on Torbay Council..
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

Everyone is saying Owers to be sacked, the reality is who will come in? We’re goijg into another league? We won’t get anyone much better. Wake up to reality, it’s what it is really!

Same with the owner, we want him to sell up, He’s only here as he was the last option and the other owners couldn’t find a buyer.
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

Hammdog2601 wrote: 23 Apr 2018, 10:42 Everyone is saying Owers to be sacked, the reality is who will come in? We’re goijg into another league? We won’t get anyone much better. Wake up to reality, it’s what it is really!

Same with the owner, we want him to sell up, He’s only here as he was the last option and the other owners couldn’t find a buyer.
Well, if past records are anything to go by, then sack Owers and Kuhl four games into our NLS adventure and then... wait.... wait..... (lose a few games).... wait a bit longer.... then announce that we have got someone 'right for the job with plenty of experience and plenty of contacts'.... then announce that we have signed ***drum roll*** Chew Magna FC's manager....
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

It’s just getting boring now, people gotta stop and realise we’re not going to get anyone better than Owers anymore. As much as we all want it. Even I do but I’ve woke up to reality
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Hammdog2601 wrote: 23 Apr 2018, 11:09 It’s just getting boring now, people gotta stop and realise we’re not going to get anyone better than Owers anymore.
Why not?

Us and Hereford will be by far the biggest sides in the division next season. If we are run correctly we should be able to take our pick of NLS managers, plenty of whom have a better record than Owers.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Jerry wrote: 23 Apr 2018, 14:47 Why not?

Us and Hereford will be by far the biggest sides in the division next season. If we are run correctly we should be able to take our pick of NLS managers, plenty of whom have a better record than Owers.
Just out of interest how many National South managers are full-time? My guess is many are part-time with a day job. If so would they actually move to Torquay if given the opportunity?
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

nickbrod wrote: 23 Apr 2018, 18:24 Just out of interest how many National South managers are full-time? My guess is many are part-time with a day job. If so would they actually move to Torquay if given the opportunity?
If we were a well run club? Plenty of them, as it would be a huge opportunity. Unfortunately we haven't been a well run club for donkeys years.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

interesting article....

didn't know where to put it so I thought if I put it here then Uncle Clarke may get to find out about it..... :)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44456977
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

chunkygull wrote: 20 Apr 2018, 21:51 Coinciding with the article on BBC newspage, did anyone else hear the piece about the club on Radio Devon this morning. Gordon Sparkes actually seemed very smypathetic to our plight to be fair. Finally Clarke Osbourne granted the BBC a proper interview, there were interesting highlights played, I'm sure it said the full interview will be added to the BBC iplayer at two tomorrow.
There was also a good interview with Chris Fleet.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p062byzn

Starts at 1.48
i did look up that programme. all the other programmes are listed except the 28th April. why has that one been deleted i wonder?
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843