Q&A with Gary and Downesy.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Q&A with Gary and Downesy.

Post by North Curry House »

Put it in your diary, and keep it free.....Thursday 13th July, ALL season ticket holders are invited to Boots and Laces to hear Gary and Aaron spill the beans on our chances for the new season.

Doors open at 6.30pm for a 7.30pm start. Numbers are limited. Get there early.

Why not have event in the Family Stand, it worked well last year, then everyone is accomadated, I can envisage a cock up with not enough room.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

if it's in Boots and Laces, they're presumably going to make some money in the bar.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

North Curry House wrote: 06 Jul 2023, 14:25 Put it in your diary, and keep it free.....Thursday 13th July, ALL season ticket holders are invited to Boots and Laces to hear Gary and Aaron spill the beans on our chances for the new season.

Doors open at 6.30pm for a 7.30pm start. Numbers are limited. Get there early.

Why not have event in the Family Stand, it worked well last year, then everyone is accomadated, I can envisage a cock up with not enough room.
Or maybe we didn't sell as many season tickets as last year.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DevonBee »

Is it headlined ‘The Comedians ‘ ?
Yellow6
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Yellow6 »

Will we be able to ask questions directly or will it be by prior submission with the easiest ones chosen by the media team and asked on the fans' behalf?
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

Yellow6 wrote: 06 Jul 2023, 17:25 Will we be able to ask questions directly or will it be by prior submission with the easiest ones chosen by the media team and asked on the fans' behalf?
I really hope it’s an honest chance for supporters to ask specific questions!
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

If anyone is going on Thursday and prepared to ask a question this is my question if I could attend.

Gary why are we so utterly predictable for free kicks and corners and at KO?

No imagination no training ground moves no thought given to what should be scoring opportunities.

How many goals last season came from a clever set piece move?

Perhaps Louie Birkenshaw could release his stats for 2022/23.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by DevonBee »

The 6 guys I stand with on the Popside have all not renewed our season tickets this season. So none of us can attend this nonsense evening. No doubt it will be the same old Bullshite from Johnson. The evening should have been at the end of last season, when supporters were far angrier when relegated. Not now in my opinion. Wishing all that can be bothered to attend an enjoyable evening and hope some realistic and pertinent questions are asked.
Starting with… is this where you expected us to be 5 years ago ? 🤔
JimNichol'sdog
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by JimNichol'sdog »

I predict a host of stage-managed questions together with a series of anodyne responses from 'The Gaffer' and his number two.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

How are they going to know who is a season ticket holder or not? I have not had any notification that mine is ready for collection. Has anyone got theirs? I paid in May!
Willowgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Willowgull »

This isn't for me, listening to pre-selected questions. It will just be like GJ's post match interviews with that tool who calls him gaffer!!!
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

What we have to remember is that the club cannot change their spots overnight, everything about the club is stage managed to restrict access to information, the post match interviews were designed by politicians, ask a question and answer something completely different or in our case not at all. I genuinely would rather have the captain doing the post match.
6667GULL
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'KANE

Post by 6667GULL »

Three questions which won't be asked-
Why should we have any confidence this coming season in a manager who got us relegated?
Why did you disrespect our loyal support when we lost last season, particularly at away games?
Why do we still have the same first team coach who is clearly not up to the job?
It will be a Gaffer total waste of time.
GullsUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by GullsUnited »

6667GULL wrote: 11 Jul 2023, 11:34 Three questions which won't be asked-
Why should we have any confidence this coming season in a manager who got us relegated?
Why did you disrespect our loyal support when we lost last season, particularly at away games?
Why do we still have the same first team coach who is clearly not up to the job?
It will be a Gaffer total waste of time.
1) because no one is better suited to getting us promoted.

2) because you can't expect to hurl abuse at someone and expect them to take it.

3) I refer you to my 1st answer
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

While I'll agree questions should have been asked about last seasons debacle, we have to concentrate on the upcoming season.

If we start off with the fans and management already at loggerheads, it'll do no good for us or the team moving forward and only create a more toxic atmosphere.

We know the answer to every question will be either, injuries, the ref, see where we are after 10 games.
We know he sees Christmas as the next important time after those opening games, he always wants his teams 10 points off the top place or less to then push on in the New year.

The only question that could be asked, possibly what are his intentions for the season after this one? Is he contracted? He's stated he wants to manage into his 70s.

Personally if we're not first or second after 10 games, I'd imagine the fans will turn on him. Hopefully we'll start as we finished the end of last season. Yeovil will hopefully take time to gell, so I'm not sure who else should be favourites for promotion?

I'll not go to the training session viewing (think that's still offered?) or the Q&A, because it could be cringe worthy on many levels.

If its a one season deal in NLS, we accept it and move on. If its longer, then the future looks very difficult, so it's important we fully support the team, if you can't the
management.