New Kit New Sponsor !

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
toastkid
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: david graham

Post by toastkid »

I agree with Desperado.
I don't care much for cooking demonstrations either.
I just watch the gulls.
Despite being a fan for many years, I can't get too animated if we have a poor season, cos I'll watch them the following season regardless.

Rather than moaning, I'm looking forward to the new season...
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DevonBee »

toastkid wrote: 01 Jul 2023, 22:56 I agree with Desperado.
I don't care much for cooking demonstrations either.
I just watch the gulls.
Despite being a fan for many years, I can't get too animated if we have a poor season, cos I'll watch them the following season regardless.

Rather than moaning, I'm looking forward to the new season...
It’s not moaning
It is people being honest of there experience and opinions.
Of which we are all entitled to
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Agreed, it's about being honest. Also understanding it's not about whether you care for cooking or not, it's the realization of the benefits of having high volume of unique views 'traffic' on your organisations social media.

How having content that's getting people hitting the like and share buttons, what this can do for increasing your visabilty, sponsorship and advertising revanues, which in turn can lead to new fans, and bigger player budgets.
Formerly known as forevertufc
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

DWB wrote: 01 Jul 2023, 17:59 Spot on Dave, I too was a fan for many years. I now live in Exeter but until the beginning of last season I supported the gulls by buying a season ticket and constantly drove down the A380 in support of ‘my team’. But unfortunately I became totally disappointed and disillusioned by the way the club was being run and I am now a season ticket holder at SJP where the fans are treated as such and the match day experience is so much more enjoyable. I know it helps to have a fairly successful team to support but that starts from the top down and I just can’t see that at Torquay. I am the same age as Gary Johnson and listening to his post match comments is the same old every time. I do think that they need to recruit a younger, energetic forward thinking coach and until that happens it will be de ja vue.
It pains me to have to post this but this is how I see it. Yes Torquay may well win the NLS or get promoted next season but that will only be covering over the cracks.
Sorry guys but this is how I see it!
P.S before people start saying “how on earth could you” I am a supporter of the football club of a place I now call home.
you cant say Torquay is "my team" if during the bad times you jump ship

im sure you'll be closing down your account on here then? :whistle:
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Dave wrote: 02 Jul 2023, 08:54 Agreed, it's about being honest. Also understanding it's not about whether you care for cooking or not, it's the realization of the benefits of having high volume of unique views 'traffic' on your organisations social media.

How having content that's getting people hitting the like and share buttons, what this can do for increasing your visabilty, sponsorship and advertising revanues, which in turn can lead to new fans, and bigger player budgets.
I wonder who in the current set up is qualified/knowledgeable enough to employ someone who can utilise social media effectively?
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Not sure we need someone qualified as such 'United in Devon' even though there is training available in how to maximise your social media.

For me it's about looking at some of the pressing issues, such as, food price inflation, personal debt, mental health, general health and wellness.

From there, is there partnerships to be done?

Perhaps a monthly slot with a local debt management/financial expert, for a advice or Q+A.

Same with a mental health charity. A partnership with a local gym, to demonstrate with easy excerises that can be done at home.

A slot giving advice how to eat healthy on a budget, feature local community cafe projects, hospital radio etc, all through the clubs social media, useful and helpful content, promoting both the club and local business / community at the same time.
teddiebear
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by teddiebear »

Its a shirt ffs get over it and move on. Onwards and upwards apart from a couple!!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

'when the seagulls follow the ostrich, it's because they think the ostrich, burys it's head to hide'

Inspiration from Cantona, posted by a bloke called Dave 😂
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Totally agree with all you have said Dave. Ok Some people are happy just to stroll up to a match watch it and go home again, fair enough that is their choice. For me though its much more than that. I call it my football family as their is a group of a dozen or so of us who sit close together in Bristows bench that over the years as we have suffered together have built up bond of friendship that enjoys the banter between us but are also concerned if someone is missing or unwell etc. Meeting the friends I have made while going to matches is often more interesting than what is served up on the pitch !! That for me is what makes it a "Club" !!

My dislike of Exeter City has turned in recent years to admiration in the way supporters are treated, respected and have other things on offer as Dave has outlined. So different unfortunately from Plainmoor where supporters are treated as an inconvenience rather than the life blood of the club.

It can be and needs to be so much better than it is at present. Does it really need a change of owner or can the people presently employed by the club actually step up their game and realise that as GJ himself says that "We are in the entertainment business" so in that case make the club customer friendly !!
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

Seems most of us are not the only ones who hate change...

My local club (Tonbridge Angels) will henceforth be known as Starbucks Volleyball FC after a monstrosity of a re-design of the club badge was launched. Needless to say, the majority of Angels' fans (and the majority of people who commented about it on social media) hate it (myself included).

From this
ta old badge.png
ta old badge.png (205.53 KiB) Viewed 927 times
... to this....
ta badge.png

And down the road on the 'Sunshine Coast', locals were also treated to a brand new badge.... and as Eastbourne play in red, and their old badge was red, you'd expect the new badge to be red.... wrong!

From this
Eastbourne_Borough_logo.png
Eastbourne_Borough_logo.png (64.09 KiB) Viewed 927 times
....to this...
ebfc-2023-900x900.png

:red:
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Don't see a problem with either of these badge updates, really. The Tonbridge Angels ones is probably the most egregious since it's a complete redo, but we've seen a lot of these coat-of-arms types of badges being updated. They increasingly look outdated, and they're probably quite difficult to get to scale properly (for either really big or small use cases). The Eastbourne is really more of a refresh- same concept but more modern.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

That new Eastbourne badge is definitely an improvement on the previous cartoonish fez.