Ex-Gull watch

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

......and Moyse.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

More play off misery for CLE
Still at least he scored his penalty and may get more games next season in League 2 than League 1
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

Sendles-White joins Yeovil on a year's contract. Phew! Relieved he's not coming here!
TUST member 200 ;-)
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

torq2u wrote: 31 May 2023, 07:13 Sendles-White joins Yeovil on a year's contract. Phew! Relieved he's not coming here!
Do you not rate him. What level do you think we are at!
Griff1n
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Danis Salman

Post by Griff1n »

Jake Andrews has moved on again to Swindon Supermarine:-

https://southern-football-league.co.uk/ ... arine-Move
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Nick Potkins wrote: 31 May 2023, 08:21 Do you not rate him. What level do you think we are at!
He's a decent defender for this level, yes. But there are still questions about him. He doesn't seem to stay at clubs very long, which could be entirely innocent, or it could be that he pisses people off. He only played 50% or so of the games for us when he was here previously, too.

there's also a broader question of what sort of player do you want the club to bring in. So far our recruitment (which, yes, is mostly players we already had on our books) is suggestive of expecting a pretty much immediate return to the NL; assuming that happens, we'd probably want defenders who have been proven to be effective at the higher level.

I think he'd be a decent signing if we already had 2 very good (for this level) centre halves on our books, and if we were looking to round out the squad towards the end of pre-season. But I don't think he's a particularly inspiring first signing for Yeovil under their new regime, at all.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

:goodpost:
TUST member 200 ;-)
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

So you rate Sendles-White.

He was poor when he was here before for me and deservedly got released, I'm quite happy to see him sign for one of our rivals. Yes we all know what level we are at but thats no excuse for signing players who are not up to it - we've got enough of them.
jono_Gull209
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by jono_Gull209 »

If we signed him there would be uproar - and rightly so! He wasn’t great 5 years ago, let alone now. If I was a Yeovil fan I’d be hoping he’s only going to be a back up option.
calebhawley
New Signing
New Signing

Post by calebhawley »

Griff1n wrote: 31 May 2023, 12:46 Jake Andrews has moved on again to Swindon Supermarine:-

https://southern-football-league.co.uk/ ... arine-Move/
I want to say welcome to him! However, he changes clubs so often that I have to say it every year :lol:
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

calebhawley wrote: 01 Jun 2023, 12:52 I want to say welcome to him! However, he changes clubs so often that I have to say it every year :lol:
It’s a bit of a shame seeing Andrews playing at a level below what he is capable of
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Bristol_Gull wrote: 08 Jun 2023, 19:22 It’s a bit of a shame seeing Andrews playing at a level below what he is capable of
Nobody to blame but himself, alas. He had everything he needed to be a decent lower league footballer, and hasn't done it.

I still haven't really forgiven him for refusing to come off in extra time against Hartlepool, even though he had a sodding great gash in his leg and was clearly not able to continue. Killed all of our momentum.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
toastkid
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: david graham

Post by toastkid »

I'm with you happy. I was fuming. They should have dragged him off. He was always remonstrating with the ref and I hated that. Lapslie does the same and needs to learn to wind his neck in and focus on what's next, not what just happened, as I am confident than for the rest of his career the ref will never say "Oh, put it that way Tom and I'll change my decision!"
DerekDawkinsJnr
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DerekDawkinsJnr »

Refs obviously don't change their decision based on players moaning on, and that's not the objective.

The whole point is to get in the ref's head so that maybe he'll give you a break on a subsequent decision. Whether it works or not is anyone's guess, and maybe a study should be done. But it happens at all levels of the game all over the world, so maybe there's something in it. VAR has probably encouraged it in fact. So grumbling to the ref is a part of the game and every team has it's moaners.

Not saying I approve, and I personally prefer the rugby levels of respect for the ref.

Re: Andrews, he was a bit player in his last season with us. Injured or out of favour most of the time.
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

Dan Lavercombe joins Taunton Town.