Players Under Contract

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Mr Tea808 wrote: 11 May 2023, 15:53 Would be total BS if we stay up and Southend get relegated, that'll be a huge injustice, and I don't like injustices at all, it ain't right, on merit we were bottom 4, end of..no sugar coating or phony glossing over it, over the season it was piss poor, we should go down and take it on the chin, own it, and come back stronger.
so presumably you've been petitioning the league for years trying to get Aldershot (2018/2019 & 2021/2023 ) and Maidenhead (2019/2020) relegated as they should have been?
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

Okay, just clocked you're the same person who told me Lapslie was off to Aldershot.....anyhow, think fans,players, and match day staff of Southend would have a right to be pissed off, it's a potential loophole to safety, but football to me is about on the pitch, and over the season, we deserved relegation, would be real shithousery to stay up this way.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

Mr Tea808 wrote: 11 May 2023, 16:05 Okay, just clocked you're the same person who told me Lapslie was off to Aldershot.....
Me? I don't think so.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

Apologies, when people copy and paste your(meaning my posts) and attach it elsewhere it gets confusing, do apologise for that, it was the SNW guy on here, seemed to make a point in telling me Lapslie was off to Aldershot!.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

Mr Tea808 wrote: 11 May 2023, 16:17 Apologies, when people copy and paste your(meaning my posts) and attach it elsewhere it gets confusing, do apologise for that, it was the SNW guy on here, seemed to make a point in telling me Lapslie was off to Aldershot!.
haha, yeah, fair eonugh. I did whinge at SNW a bit for posting rumours and allusions to inside knowledge, so maybe it was from there.

DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DevonBee »

Mr Tea808 wrote: 11 May 2023, 16:17 Apologies, when people copy and paste your(meaning my posts) and attach it elsewhere it gets confusing, do apologise for that, it was the SNW guy on here, seemed to make a point in telling me Lapslie was off to Aldershot!.
Aldershot really 🤣🤣
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

Lol, I know, I was confused aswell 👍 👍, think this SNW likes to pipe up with his thoughts/opinions and present them as facts!, Bit like my Mother in law when she starts telling me nonsense that will never come true, completely deluded, living in their own world.
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

But aren't we spending money we don't have, to the tune of a million a year?
Assuming a lot of clubs to do this, but if we're talking of living within your means.

Yes I remember the Stevenage season, I know it was about their ground not bring ready for the FL or something? But didn't they also try to get us to pay them not to sell a player of theirs? Bateson recorded the call and we used that somehow? Or am I getting two stories mixed up?
GULL 67
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by GULL 67 »

Totally agree with Mr Tea. I would not feel right about taking Southend's place. We all know how poor we were last Season and in all honesty deserved what we got. The Boy and me are looking forward to a good Season with a number of local derbies. Let's storm the NLS and return on merit not skulk back in by default.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Look It may well be that Lapslie was offered a contract by Aldershot - just because it didnt happen I dont really see the point of continually nit picking that someone was wrong about it.

I seriously cant understand all this wringing of hands about Southend - I mean if they go under its tough shit, its not our fault is it. If they were using money they didnt have then surely they have flouted the rules.

Saying that you would rather be in the league below so we can play bloody Taunton and Truro is probably the most moronic thing I have ever heard.

If we happened to stay up I would much rather be playing in the NL than in the mickey mouse league.

Anyway I see that Jack Stobbs has signed tonight - what a great signing that is.
GULL 67
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by GULL 67 »

Can remember a time when we called the NL a Mickey mouse league. Maybe I've mellowed in my old age but a few beer's, a short train journey, having a joke with the boys and not watching us get outplayed every week seems quite appealing to me. Can't wait for those day's out to begin again!!!
midtable
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Wilson

Post by midtable »

Now that Stobbs has been signed up it is only a matter of time before Gary organises another DVD to record our success in the league.
fatmaninthekitchen1
Trialist
Trialist

Post by fatmaninthekitchen1 »

You lot have riled a Woking fan here re the Stevenage thing... most older Woking fans are still bitter about what Stevenage did to us that season, it was, and ever since, has been our only real chance of promotion to the FL. In a nutshell, you were bottom of the FL, and if Stevenage won the league that season , you would have been saved due to the fact they spent all their money on players, whilst we did the right thing, and spent the money on getting our ground so as to satisfy the FL ground standards . If we won the league, we would have replaced you, so they said to Torquay , give us £50k and we won't sell our best striker ( Barry Hayles ) which would mean Stevenage would win the league, as he was scoring buckets. They didn't sell him as Torquay reported Stevenage's shithousery, so they won the league by 2 points , which meant we couldn't get promoted and Torquay remained a FL club. Total shitbags, which we can never, ever forget, and clubs like them and Southend deserve some due karma, although Stevenage haven't got their comeupence yet
Anyway, I read your traumas with interest, and Woking fans love Torquay; loved our recent rivalry, and really hope you survive to stay in the NL and Southend get done for their behaviour. TBH you weren't any worse than us in the matches this season, you deserved your point at Woking and we caught you on the hop in bad form at your place. That Jarvis gave us hell in our home game , so you need to keep him really.
On the GJ thing, and complete impartiality from afar here, you all know what it takes to get out of the NLS, and GJ is your best chance. The absolute necessary criteria is AN EXPERIENCED MANAGER , we had one with Alan Dowson who got the job done in the end , but you pipped us with GJ at the helm, he needs to stay on to be able to sort out your predicament. He is more than capable , has done it before, and will do it again. Maidstone won't be a threat and Yeovil are in a right mess , that's why Darren Sarll left them, he could see the state they were in. All the other clubs are pretty mickey mouse TBH, and I will be lumping on large on Skybet for a straight return for Torquay in 2024 . Be loyal , be strong , and support your manager. I still have issues with that Hartlepool game, and I have felt so sorry for you ever since , the ref was a proper disgrace that day and saw things that no-one else saw, you were that close, so I can understand why you are all so very pissed off, as everything seems to have conspired against you over the last few years. You are a proper club, with proper fans , you can do this next year, and Woking fans will be cheering you on
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Facebook rumour that Jarvis is talking to Newport.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

brucie wrote: 12 May 2023, 13:57 Facebook rumour that Jarvis is talking to Newport.
I wonder if this is like the rumour - also on facebook - that Lapslie to Aldershot was a 'done deal'.

Happy to ignore all of this until there's an announcement from the club