Uncle Clarke part 812

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
CourtierGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by CourtierGull »

Admiral wrote: 24 Apr 2023, 10:31 Anyone know when the last communication from Osborne was?
5 minutes ago!

At least we are staying full time. Shame it’s taken such a terrible season for him to finally say something, although there’s a lot of words nothing has really been said.
Gull in black
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Gull in black »

Good to know that we’re remaining full-time next season. Part-time would be a massive down-scaling so very good news.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

Great, forget relegation let’s all get behind the chairman.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Well god has spoken, he is showing his continuing cmmitment by remaining a full time team whereas he could have saved himself a 6 figure sum by doing the opposite but there will still me a minority who see him as the enemy,the managers position will be determined after the last game I am sure, whatever that decision is, either johnson is given another chance or the replacement is already in the stand for the wrexham game so he can at least have a look at our squad, by my maths there is 10 or more players out of contract come the end of june so hopefully those issues can be resolved early. Positive so far.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Admiral »

culmstockgull wrote: 24 Apr 2023, 11:44 Well god has spoken, he is showing his continuing cmmitment by remaining a full time team whereas he could have saved himself a 6 figure sum by doing the opposite but there will still me a minority who see him as the enemy,the managers position will be determined after the last game I am sure, whatever that decision is, either johnson is given another chance or the replacement is already in the stand for the wrexham game so he can at least have a look at our squad, by my maths there is 10 or more players out of contract come the end of june so hopefully those issues can be resolved early. Positive so far.
Jesus, you’re easily pleased 😂
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Admiral »

Why would Osborne continue to lose money by staying full-time? The club will never be profitable, not many clubs are at this level. He has no interest in football so what is his motive? He’s lost millions so far, and we don’t have many assets to strip.

Also, is Johnson not doing interviews for external media his decision or Clarke’s? I hope does an interview once he’s left the club.
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

Got a major hunch that GJ will be asked to stay on and try and win promotion back 1st time of asking,for me he needs to go, good manager but it's time to retire, good that the club are staying F/T for 23/24...It'll need a huge overhaul, I'd like to keep,Halstead,Moxey,Hall,Lovett,Dawson,Martin,Lapslie and Jarvis, all the loanees will return, any names that aren't mentioned in this post can or should leave asap, and that includes the inconsistent ones such as Wyatt, Donnellan and McGavin, they all need shipping out, you sadly cannot rely on them, average games are followed by poor ones, NLS is even a step to far for them...The decent/older players can't go on forever, and surely Jarvis,Halstead and Lapslie will 100% be off, probably staying in the NL or in Jarvis case maybe a league 2 side may take a gamble on him.
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Mr Tea808 wrote: 24 Apr 2023, 12:42 Got a major hunch that GJ will be asked to stay on........
Am I reading too much into the statement as George and Mel get a mention by name but GJ doesn't.
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

gateman49 wrote: 24 Apr 2023, 13:25 Am I reading too much into the statement as George and Mel get a mention by name but GJ doesn't.
I am thinking the same thing. Wouldn't surprise me if GJ
announces his retirement after next Saturday.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Yes - I'd read the same into that.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

I hope that Gary retires both for his sake and the club's.
Surely he doesn't need the stress any more and whilst arguably he could be the best manager to get us promoted again, as soon as we lose a couple of games the fans will be divided once more.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

I don't think he will want to retire on a relegation. If they were going to sack him wouldn't they have done it a few months ago. If he does stay on, he will have to get us off to a flying start or he will be gone.
Willowgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Willowgull »

I've just read an interview with GJ in which he states he is very much looking forward to next season. It seams that he is staying on!!
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Willowgull wrote: 24 Apr 2023, 15:14 I've just read an interview with GJ in which he states he is very much looking forward to next season. It seams that he is staying on!!
you have a source for this, please?

I'd assumed that Johnson was out of here given both his comments on saturday (talking about "the club" and not "we"), and the tone of the Osborne statement. Despite everything, I'd prefer him to stay on and fix the mess.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Willowgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Willowgull »

BBC Sport published an interview with GJ a couple of hours ago.