Uncle Clarke part 812

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

Imagine the rent on a GI-owned stadium
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

One of the main problems with any business is communication,if people are kept in the picture it helps to solve things before problems exacerbate.No doubt the owner has kept the club afloat but there is more feedback to the supporters from the crew of the Marie Celeste,which does not help matters on and off the field.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

The perennial problem of whose fault it was that we got relegated, Owner, manager, players. In my book and not a cop out all three must shoulder the blame.
Most of us know so little about our owner other than Torquay stadia and TUAFC are owned by the same person so the question of how much revenue he charges for plainmoor per season is irrelevant. if he covers the cost of the lease then it is cost neutral to his piggybank.
Was there a smaller budget for this last season as is conjecture, everyone assumes but no one actually knows, say we had the same budget as the previous season then having six more players on our books that rarely if ever feature than that would account for thin spendings being spread even thinner, the owner gets nothing extra for having a successful season, bigger crowds just mean less outlay for him and less losses.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

HappyTorq: The young Ipswich players have been underwhelming but I concur with you that they were well regarded by a top tier League One side so I don't believe anyone could have foreseen that they would not make the National League grade.
swindon gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: benners

Post by swindon gull »

Whether this is true or not did hear that Gaming International were telling its staff they were making people redundant as they were close to bankruptcy. This was relaid to me from someone who use to be involved with the speedway.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Deeple suspicious of anyone who appears on the forum allegedly a member since 2014 ( 7 postings) who comes up with maybe's, have you heard, this is gospel, trust me when I tell you, I have had it from the horses mouth.There must be so many on this forum who took out multiple alias's when it started and now trot them out to stir the pot only to retire the name for another few years.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

swindon gull wrote: 23 Apr 2023, 15:40 Whether this is true or not did hear that Gaming International were telling its staff they were making people redundant as they were close to bankruptcy. This was relaid to me from someone who use to be involved with the speedway.
Gaming International does not own TUFC, I believe Clarke Osbourne does separately from G.I and his other interests.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Whether we like or not, a football club is now a business, fans are no longer fans, we are now customers, any business who does not have an effective and constant communication line open with it's customers, or does not treat it's loyal customer base with the upmost respect, will die as it's customers go elsewhere, or in our case find something new to occupy their Saturdays.

Our relegation will be confirmed on Saturday, we need 10 snookers, not going to happen. Think Osbourne, Edwards and Haymen have one almighty shock coming their way , the communication with us fans at this club is disgusting, the odd thank you, for your loyal support social media post it's cutting it anymore, especially for a club of our size in the position we find ourselves in.

Out of my friends and acquaintances that our season ticket holders, all bar a couple have indicated to me, that they have no intention of renewing for next season, some preferring to pick and choose their games, others possibly not attending at all unless there is a real change of direction at our club.

One way or another, Osbourne, Edwards and Haymen, your going to have to remove yourselves from your sweet little hiding holes, and talk to us fans, some will, but nowhere near as many fans are going to forgive this relegation as you think.
Formerly known as forevertufc
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

Could the 5 year plan be for the owner to hide himself under a rock for this duration and emerge when the club is defunct?
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Admiral »

I’ve been an Osborne sceptic since day 1 and have taken stick for that. Many fanbases at other clubs would have been calling him out a long time ago, the same goes for Johnson.

The sticking point is when someone says ‘without Osborne we wouldn’t have a club’. I don’t really have a response to that! Because we were so desperate to survive, it seems our fanbase will always be split on our ownership.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Admiral »

The same goes for Johnson. The ‘who could do a better job’ question is irrelevant now Johnson has failed at keeping us up.
bobbytanz1963
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by bobbytanz1963 »

The lack of communication is farcical. We know Clarke Osborne isn’t the greatest at this but who is his so called sidekick George Edwards ? We hear nothing, I wouldn’t know him if he sat next to me at games.

It appears that we the fans are viewed as necessary evil and treated with distain. Alas we are stuck with these faceless individuals who wouldn’t know customer service if it bit them on the arses !!
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Admiral »

Anyone know when the last communication from Osborne was?
Willowgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Willowgull »

Admiral wrote: 24 Apr 2023, 10:31 Anyone know when the last communication from Osborne was?
About 2 minutes ago 😁.
Uncle Clarke has just confirmed that the club will remain full time next season.
yellowarmygull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Andy Gurney
Watches from: Pop side

Post by yellowarmygull »

Hes just left a message on the official site - Excitement is not a word i would be using at this point in time but full time is important ....

🟡 Message From Chairman Clarke Osborne

Following Saturday's 2-2 draw at Altrincham, Torquay United AFC Chairman Clarke Osborne has today issued a message to the Yellow Army.

"I am sure that the mood of deflation pervades as we all look towards what is very likely, but not mathematically certain, our relegation to the National League South. I feel for everyone connected with Torquay United both those working tirelessly for the Club and for the brilliant supporters who have supported with passion and commitment throughout this season.

"George, Mel, and the team will have much work to do in preparing for next season, and this will follow our season closing game against the National League champions on Saturday, when, whatever the result, I know that everyone will congratulate Wrexham on their success, which has certainly raised the profile of the National League and football.

"For us, next season in whatever league it is business as usual, a full time professional, well supported Club planning and striving for promotion. Together, let’s look towards next season with excitement and anticipation. I certainly am."

#tufc #OneClub #OneCommunity