Torquay Utd v York City - Sat 15th April 3pm

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Having seen the highlights it reminded me just what an excellent, exciting game this was. I had kind of forgotten because after the elation of the final whistle I came down to earth with a bump when I realised that Aldershot had grabbed a late winner. Fantastic performance by Jarvis but a great all-round performance by the team. We had a total of 10 attempts with 7 on target for the three goals but in fairness York had even more attempts on target being thwarted only by another fantastic, match-winning performance by Halstead. Will it be enough? I doubt it, but at least we continue to hope!
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Mr Tea808 wrote: 15 Apr 2023, 20:26 SPOT ON Admiral, Johnson isn't the Messiah at all, please someone tell, Johnson surely isn't basking in this is he??, It's bloody amazing, 5 on the spin, superb, and really deserved, nobody saw this coming, nobody at all after Dagenham result, but Johnson did get us into this mess in the first place, be great if he got us out of it, but we should be a mid table side, I'm not trying to sound like Roy Keane, but this season has been awful (bar last 5 games) nobody should really celebrate survival if it happens, if that's the right thing to say, we need to set the bar higher, .it sound harsh, but it's how I feel.

Really? We should be celebrating to the roof tops that we do not fall back into the NLS.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

Colorado Gull, it should never of been like this, it didn't have to be this way at all, it's taken 38 games to find a team, formation and tactics that actually works, we aren't setting the bar that high if we are celebrating survival by not going into the 6th tier of the game, I know that sounds blunt, harsh and direct, but it's how I feel, we should be an upper mid table side/top ten.not scrapping to survive.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Mr Tea808 wrote: 16 Apr 2023, 18:30 it should never of been like this, it didn't have to be this way at all, it's taken 38 games to find a team, formation and tactics that actually works,
Lighten the load! managing a football team is easy when you don't know how but very difficult when you do. Maybe our next manager should be a lazy man; he is sure to find an easy way of doing it.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

After watching my pro egg chasing team getting zero (agaIn) today, I'll take the application from the TUFC players any time...
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

MellowYellow wrote: 16 Apr 2023, 20:49 Lighten the load! managing a football team is easy when you don't know how but very difficult when you do. Maybe our next manager should be a lazy man; he is sure to find an easy way of doing it.
Except that Gary Johnson is an experienced manager with a notable record of success. It shouldn't have been like this and no one at the beginning of the season would have expected this. Gary Johnson has seriously messed up.