Torquay Utd v York City - Sat 15th April 3pm

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
thebigp1
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by thebigp1 »

It seems like we say this every week but this is our biggest game of the season by far. A must win to keep the momentum going, especially as I expect Aldershot to pick up 3 points at home to Scunthorpe.

Should be a decent atmosphere and it looks as though a good number of York fans have made the trip. A point for them and they are pretty much safe. I’m not making a prediction for this game it’s hard to call and could go either way.
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

thebigp1 wrote: 14 Apr 2023, 21:57 A point for them and they are pretty much safe.
Only a win is any good for us. York play Aldershot in their next game so it is imperative that they still have something to play for then given the shots are expected to claim the points against Scunthorpe.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

5 games ago when we lost to Dagenham i and surely most had prepared for relegation, this club simply sucks the blood out of you. We are now in a unbelievable chance to be out of the relegation places after tomorrow’s game. Get plainmoor rocking. York will park the bus and quite rightly so as a point will be enough for their own survival. This game should be on BT . This is are easier of remaining games left COYY
Lucy
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

Got to believe Torquay can make it 5 from 5........
2-0 to Torquay
If we do stay up will be Torquay's greatest escape?
thebigp1
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by thebigp1 »

I think this would easily be our greatest escape. We still need another 9 or 10 points I think which means winning 7 and drawing 1 from our last 8 games. For a team that has been as bad as we have all season that would be remarkable.

I disagree this is the easiest of our remaining games. York will be giving everything today. I think Altrincham game is very winnable. A mid table side with nothing to play for. Let’s just hope we are still in the running by that point.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

thebigp1 wrote: 15 Apr 2023, 07:16 I think this would easily be our greatest escape. We still need another 9 or 10 points I think which means winning 7 and drawing 1 from our last 8 games. For a team that has been as bad as we have all season that would be remarkable.

I disagree this is the easiest of our remaining games. York will be giving everything today. I think Altrincham game is very winnable. A mid table side with nothing to play for. Let’s just hope we are still in the running by that point.
I said after the Dagenham game we’d probably need 6 wins from 8, well after winning 4/4 6 pts still probably won’t do it. We’ll likely need 8 to be safe, maybe 7 if someone on 49 loses all of their last 3/4. That being said, Aldershot may only pick up 3 pts from 4 where two wins would do it. Who knows, massive game today first!
Noddy_YCFC
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Noddy_YCFC »

UnitedinDevon wrote: 13 Apr 2023, 18:55 see your own social media!
At the time of my post only the seats were open but we sold them for the extra couple of quid a head hence the terrace.

Should be a cracking atmosphere today, I’ll be heading over the border from Bude shortly.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DevonBee »

Must win … we all know this. Confidence must be high after the recent run of much needed results.
Not sure we should be awarding the player of the year award minutes prior to todays game though 🙄
Game far more important we need full focus from minute 1.
COYY…..yellow Army sing your hearts out
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

4 nil home win and I might start believing
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell

Post by portugull »

Just off to Plainmoor. I go 2-0 to the Gulls to extend their winning sequence to 5 matches.

Should be a great atmosphere today. COYY.
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane

Post by Midlandgull »

No Lapslie in the squad - Evans starts. Other than that, unchanged
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Midlandgull wrote: 15 Apr 2023, 14:31 No Lapslie in the squad - Evans starts. Other than that, unchanged
Don't recall him picking up a knock and he looked ok on social media yesterday....
Maybe resting him for tuesday at Chesterfield?
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Maidenhead losing at Oldham and Dorking losing at home to Alty....
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

GET IN!!!!
Aaron Jarvis....
Torquay's Giroud!!

TUST Member 468

Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane

Post by Midlandgull »

2-0 come on!!