Maidenhead v Torquay Utd - BH Mon 10th April 3pm

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Brewers boy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jamie Reid
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Brewers boy »

Be nice to beat Wrexham and knock them off the top and stay up by a point with an injury time header from Halstead. :) Could your nerves stand it? :)
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

dawlishmatt wrote: 10 Apr 2023, 20:59 What a load of tosh Southampton Gull. Torquay's dramatic turn around is not down to Gary Johnson, no he f***** up and it's only down to uncle Clarke who splashed the cash in January that will be the reason IF we survive this season. This again proves Osborne's commitment to the club.
Only thing he splashed is his p*ss down the toilet....
GJ asked for these three players - one who's a loan - Stobbs - who knows who paid for that??
Big Frank signed non-contract and Daws who's another loan.
Osborne did what exactly in January?
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

dawlishmatt wrote: 10 Apr 2023, 20:59 What a load of tosh Southampton Gull. Torquay's dramatic turn around is not down to Gary Johnson, no he f***** up and it's only down to uncle Clarke who splashed the cash in January that will be the reason IF we survive this season. This again proves Osborne's commitment to the club.
I'm not a fan of Gary Johnson but even if Uncle Clarke splashed the cash someone still has to mould the players into a team and that is down to GJ and AD.
Personally I hope we survive and GJ retires then we can look forward to new future.
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

Southampton Gull wrote: 10 Apr 2023, 21:04 Splashed the cash? Have you seen where Gary Johnson plucked these players from? We're now in with a chance in spite of Uncle Clarke, not because he splashed anything.

You did give me a chuckle though. Glad your internet is back up ;)
SG you're in denial. It's like the Grand National, you back all 40 horses in the race and you shout out to the world that you backed the winner!!!!!!!
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

So all along this was GJ plan?, Be piss poor for 38 games, win 4 on the spin, and suddenly he's prime Brian Clough??,do me a favour, nobody really had faith in GJ, he's taken 38 games to wake up and realise 7 or 8 of them are shocking and have no business playing at NL level, if Southampton Gull wants to drag up my previous posts, I was the one saying we need to build the team around Hall (many fans still slate the bloke I never have), Lapslie,Moxey,Halstead and Jarvis, GJ has added width in Stobbs,Dawson in the middle, and Nouble, but it's taken him probably to long to wise up, I wrote a post about Aldershot, when I originally said what I did, they were well clear of the drop zone, and nobody saw Gateshead and Dorking winning lots lately, I had a view or an opinion, I put it on this forum, I stand by it, but don't give it the "big one" pal, we've got 4 games to go now, we are still in the drop zone, yet you've had all this faith in GJ all along?.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I don't gamble, what a stupid analogy. I clearly stated and have done all season that I had faith in the Manager to turn it around. He didn't get a sackful of cash from Uncle Clarke, he made some astute signings once he was able to free up some space in the squad. Now the result of that is we're in with a chance of staying up. New contract for the Manager should be Uncle Clarkes contribution.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Mr Tea808 wrote: 10 Apr 2023, 21:25 ........ I had a view or an opinion, I put it on this forum, I stand by it, but don't give it the "big one" pal, we've got 4 games to go now, we are still in the drop zone, yet you've had all this faith in GJ all along?.
So Aldershot are safe then? Yes, look back through my posts and find anything negative about the Manager :scarf:
Dave

Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

I genuinely cannot believe there is anybody out there who thinks Clarke has done anything to “help” us this season.

Splashing the cash….don’t make me laugh.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

If you are asking me if Aldershot will stay up, at the time I said they would do, I think they will do, I think they'll win 2 games, we will need to win 3 out of 4, I doubt it'll happen, I've never questioned your view of Johnson, if you support him, and think he's doing a good job, that's your view, I respect it, but in no way do I agree with it, for me GJ has got us into this mess, for a club of our size, it should never of happened,
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

Mr Tea808 wrote: 10 Apr 2023, 21:44 If you are asking me if Aldershot will stay up, at the time I said they would do, I think they will do, I think they'll win 2 games, we will need to win 3 out of 4, I doubt it'll happen, I've never questioned your view of Johnson, if you support him, and think he's doing a good job, that's your view, I respect it, but in no way do I agree with it, for me GJ has got us into this mess, for a club of our size, it should never of happened,
What's more likely:

A) A manager with years of experience either decides to or through his own incompetence recruits poorly all season, then just happens to strike lucky and get it right at the end of the season.

B) An owner whose plans for redevelopment has failed runs the club as tight to the bone as he can all season (resulting in a poor squad), realises he'll lose even MORE money if the club gets relegated, and injects a few grand for better players to try and avoid the balance sheet fiasco of dropping into regional football.

It honestly baffles me that people still seem to think we're a 'big club' in this league. We were once, when we had the Bristow cash.

Now? We're just another ex-league 'giant', but in the a**e end of nowhere, where no-one smart would take the risk to move their family to for a one or two-year contract when you could be around dozens of other employment prospects (London, Midlands), paying wages you could match in most supermarkets.

It's a hard thing to accept, and it's much easier to think "oh it's just cos we've got a rubbish manager, change one bloke and it'll be automatic promotion", but it's the truth.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Mr Tea808 wrote: 10 Apr 2023, 21:44 If you are asking me if Aldershot will stay up, at the time I said they would do, I think they will do, I think they'll win 2 games, we will need to win 3 out of 4, I doubt it'll happen, I've never questioned your view of Johnson, if you support him, and think he's doing a good job, that's your view, I respect it, but in no way do I agree with it, for me GJ has got us into this mess, for a club of our size, it should never of happened,
You questioned my faith in Gary Johnson, that's never been in doubt. Is he doing a good job? Could anyone do better given the circumstances? Perhaps but that isn't relevant.

You rubbished my suggestion that Aldershot would be pulled into a relegation battle, yet they most certainly are. Tongue in cheek I pulled out the quote you made and all you can do is throw a tantrum? Man up ffs and admit your statement was idiotic and has come back to bite you. I'm not slagging you off merely poking fun at what I thought at the time was a silly thing to say. Time has proved me correct. I still hate tea.....
Dave

Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

I don't recall questioning anyone's faith in GJ, like I say, if you think he's "the man" and doing a great job, then that's your view, you're entitled to it, I don't agree with it, I made the Aldershot comments when I genuinely thought they wouldn't get dragged into things, I never saw Gateshead and Dorking picking up like they have, which has made Aldershot run or form look even worse, could anyone do a better job than GJ in the circumstances?, yes, there's stacks of them, but like I say, let's forget the fact we are bottom 4, been crap for 38 games, and signed players that are truly shocking, marquee signings, judge me after 10 games,, it's all now roses and champagne, you're either thick, deluded, or both, probably the latter.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Mr Tea808 wrote: 10 Apr 2023, 21:25 ....... yet you've had all this faith in GJ all along?.
I'd say "thick" is maintaining Aldershot were safe.........They weren't.
Dave

toastkid
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: david graham

Post by toastkid »

"GJ has only just figured out what we knew all along.."? What, that with a fully fit squad and a couple of signings we'd win? I think he knew that before the results. I'll keep faith in GJ no matter what happens.