Will we stay up?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
samuel
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: colin bettany

Post by samuel »

It is absolutely gut wrenching we threw away so many points at home, that Dagenham game could be the result that sends us down. So frustrating.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

samuel wrote: 04 Apr 2023, 11:45 It is absolutely gut wrenching we threw away so many points at home, that Dagenham game could be the result that sends us down.
Or Bromley.
Or Southend.
Or Wealdstone.

etc
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Wonder if the relegation grieving process has already begun in some forum members. Since York's win last night there seems to be a lot of 'clutching at straws' I suppose there's little else left now.

Agree with others, we've got two match's over the Easter weekend we simply have to win them both to stay in the hunt, we can't control what goes on else where, looking at our remaining fixtures, you can always get results, points from any game, however looking at Chesterfield away, Wrexham home, big asks to get points from, and we have Altrincham away also, think we all know Altrincham are always hard to play against at their ground, these are difficult fixtures.

Eastleigh we don't have a very good head to head against, Maidenhead like Altrincham never easy to play against at their ground and York home, I've gone past putting my positive hat on, I'm now putting my it's miracle hat on, and with the miracle hat on, I see no more than 8-10 points from these last few fixtures.

Leaving Aldershot and Gateshead the only realistic target left for us to catch, as we know, Gateshead are the most in-form team out of the current bottom six, can I see them picking up seven points, sadly yes, Aldershot won't need much dead cat bounce from their new manager, to pick a win, and a draw, sadly think the bottom four as is, will fall now.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

Dave wrote: 04 Apr 2023, 14:47 Wonder if the relegation grieving process has already begun in some forum members. Since York's win last night there seems to be a lot of 'clutching at straws' I suppose there's little else left now.
The upbeat mood after Saturday has been totally quashed by the York result. Someone above suggested we might need 4 wins and 2 draws to survive, that would equate to a 8 game unbeaten run and I just can't see that.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Cheddargull wrote: 04 Apr 2023, 16:08 The upbeat mood after Saturday has been totally quashed by the York result. Someone above suggested we might need 4 wins and 2 draws to survive, that would equate to a 8 game unbeaten run and I just can't see that.
We'll know a bit more after the games tonight but not only have we improved our form, most of the other teams have too.
Particularly Dorking who looked to be the one to catch until a couple of weeks ago.
We can now probably only afford one defeat in our last six games (and to win four and most probably five of them) which we're unlikely to achieve, or one or two other teams are going to have a poor finish to the season.
Willowgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Willowgull »

Looking at the table again it really is very desperate. With Gateshead's games in hand I think realistically, the only team were capable of catching is Aldershot. Two down from either the Shots, Yeovil or ourselves.
Willowgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Willowgull »

Aldershot with the easier run in, on paper!!
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

Having looked at all the fixtures again I think we’ll need a minimum of 51 points but that may still not be enough.
That’s a minimum of 5 wins or 4 wins and two draws.
It all looks very unlikely but at least we have a competitive game on Friday. After Dagenham it looked as if our remaining home games were going to be effectively dead matches.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Well no surprise, 19 minutes in and Gateshead lead Yeovil.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Dave wrote: 04 Apr 2023, 20:10 Well no surprise, 19 minutes in and Gateshead lead Yeovil.
Make that 2.0 to Gateshead now.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

Yeovil are as bad as us and showing no signs of putting a run together.
We need one other team to finish poorly, most likely Aldershot.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I called Aldershot some time ago but some idiot said they were already safe. Nothing is over until its over.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

Southampton Gull wrote: 04 Apr 2023, 20:32 I called Aldershot some time ago but some idiot said they were already safe. Nothing is over until its over.
Mrs Dawlish reckons that Wrexham and Notts County are safe 😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘
thebigp1
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by thebigp1 »

Look at Aldershots fixtures. Home games against Yeovil, Scunthorpe and Altrincham. They also play York. They would have to completely capitulate for us to have any chance of catching them. We’re done for and let’s be honest we deserve to go down over the course of the season.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

That's the thing, Aldershot have Yeovil home on Friday.