Scunthorpe United v Torquay United, 3pm, Saturday 1st April, 2023

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

We also need Wrexham to win all of their games and hope promotion is set for them before our game!
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Brewers boy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jamie Reid
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Brewers boy »

We also need Wrexham to win all of their games and hope promotion is set for them before our game!

Not quite all, perhaps lose the last one. :)
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Great result.
We need Southend to win at Yeovil this evening. That will make a huge difference as Yeovil & York look to be the teams we’ve got the best chance of overtaking.
thebigp1
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by thebigp1 »

Great result and at least it gives us some hope whilst at the same time effectively relegating Scunthorpe. There seems to be far too much focus on Wrexham game. I would think we probably need 4 wins from the 5 games before that to even give ourselves a shot at staying up in the last game.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

thebigp1 wrote: 01 Apr 2023, 17:44 Great result and at least it gives us some hope whilst at the same time effectively relegating Scunthorpe. There seems to be far too much focus on Wrexham game. I would think we probably need 4 wins from the 5 games before that to even give ourselves a shot at staying up in the last game.
4 wins would be enough, especially if one of those is against York.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Yeovil 1.0 down.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell

Post by portugull »

If we can win our next 3 games we will have a chance.

Eastleigh on Friday at Home, Maidenhead away and York at Home in 2 weeks all massive games. Win them and we have 45 points.

Maidstone are gone, Scunny look in big trouble, and I guess it is 2 from 3 to join them namely United, Yeovil and York.

As I say win the next 3 and we would be on a winning run. Prayer mat time.
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

I listen on BBC Humberside radio, Scunthorpe sounded dire, A super win today for us, but just like the game at Plainmoor, how poor are Scunthorpe??, Can we stay up, I'm still not so sure to be blunt, still a huge ask, these two wins papers over the past 6/7weeks of dross, but we've got a glimmer of a chance, I still think whatever league we're in next season it's a worry, 6 loanees in our starting XI today, when they return, and others leave, no matter what, it's yet another rebuild again, today is a good result, but Scunthorpe really are a poor side..
Last edited by Mr Tea808 on 01 Apr 2023, 18:16, edited 1 time in total.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell

Post by portugull »

Yeovil have a shocking run in after today.

5 of their last 7 are away including Wrexham, Boreham Wood and Solihull.
thebigp1
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by thebigp1 »

portugull wrote: 01 Apr 2023, 18:09 If we can win our next 3 games we will have a chance.

Eastleigh on Friday at Home, Maidenhead away and York at Home in 2 weeks all massive games. Win them and we have 45 points.

Maidstone are gone, Scunny look in big trouble, and I guess it is 2 from 3 to join them namely United, Yeovil and York.

As I say win the next 3 and we would be on a winning run. Prayer mat time.
I would throw Gateshead and Aldershot in it as well. Yes Gateshead have games in hand but they have 9 games to play in the space of 25 days, which is a big ask. They have Yeovil and Scunthorpe at home in the next 2 so will have a better idea after that.

Aldershot are a streaky side and still face Yeovil, Scunny and York so could easily be dragged into it.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

For you statisticians when was the last time we won two in a row, if this continues a new beer to superseed Bryn will be required becuase if we escape it will be nothng short of a miracle, but onward to friday.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

culmstockgull wrote: 01 Apr 2023, 18:27 For you statisticians when was the last time we won two in a row, if this continues a new beer to superseed Bryn will be required becuase if we escape it will be nothng short of a miracle, but onward to friday.

January. Halifax 1-0 on the 7th and Maidstone 1-0 on the 28th I believe. We need a big run of wins to get out of this mess. When have we ever done it the easy way?
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

culmstockgull wrote: 01 Apr 2023, 18:27 For you statisticians when was the last time we won two in a row, if this continues a new beer to superseed Bryn will be required becuase if we escape it will be nothng short of a miracle, but onward to friday.
And there's your new beer "Miracle" - an ale nothing short of!
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Mellow, brilliant idea
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

Mr Tea808 wrote: 01 Apr 2023, 18:15 6 loanees in our starting XI today,
Are you sure? I thought you could only have 5 in a match day squad in which case we have fielded an ineligible player.