PLAYERS CONTRACTS FOR NEXT SEASON.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

PLAYERS CONTRACTS FOR NEXT SEASON.

Post by culmstockgull »

I see the FA have approved new contract conditions starting next season, injured players will only be paid for 12 weeks then go onto statutory sick pay of £99 per week, in the conference south and lower they will only be paid for 6 weeks befoe going on statutpory sick pay, additionally the club can cancel a players contract with three months notice if the club doctor does not believe they will be able to play within four months of an injury.
Interesting times and will not go down well with players a large proportion of which will make a comeback after 11 weeks only to go sick five minutes after starting.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Wow! This form of Contractual Stability is really going to entice players to non-league football. I can see a lot more football injuries claims being made for reckless and dangerous behaviour or as a result of negligence. Or as you point out abuse, e.g.I want to leave the club so I will lay up on the treatment table for 3 months. This would have been the perfect get out clause for Kalvin Lumbombo-Kalala,
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

this contracts update is a joke. NL is outside the purview of the PFA (despite many of the players being members, having been in EFL before) so the clubs and the FA get to decide together, apparently.

if I was a professional player, I'd be wary of a move to NL after this. Think it'll lead to the gap between L2 and NL widening once more, after several years of it narrowing...
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

See the BBC are quick on the uptake with an article about National League players might strike over changes made by the Football Association to contracts for next season.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65053526
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by culmstockgull »

If it was any one other than the BBC it might have some credence, BBC have an agenda on almost everything and not much of it good.
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

Surely if a club wants to offer better terms than these to a particular player they can. Are the FA advising these are the minimum terms that would be legal.?
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

MellowYellow wrote: 23 Mar 2023, 16:21 See the BBC are quick on the uptake with an article about National League players might strike over changes made by the Football Association to contracts for next season.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65053526
I hope our players go on strike. It might be the only thing to spare us the agony of the rest of the season.

Saying that, I think they’ve been on strike all season.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by culmstockgull »

I think this decision by the FA has been driven by many clubs including us who seem to have unnaturally high long term injury rates and clubs below us with tiny budgets, we, like many can no longer afford to pay players for a whole season and more like we did with davis regardless of how much we regard them.
I think there will be a compromise where the clubs and players both pay into a injury based insurnace that will make up any shortfall, I am told by a friend who works as an insurance actuary it is not as difficult as it sounds and premiums will be costed on the risk, as an example for the likes of Hall, premiums would be high based on his age, injury history, recurring injuries and any long term health issues. Clubs regardless of size and budget will have to do a lot more homework on who they sign and additionally do something alien to Torquay and give every potential player a full medical and fitness profile, if they cannot prove they have undertaken these checks their insurance premiums will be highter.
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

culmstockgull wrote: 26 Mar 2023, 12:20 I think this decision by the FA has been driven by many clubs including us who seem to have unnaturally high long term injury rates and clubs below us with tiny budgets, we, like many can no longer afford to pay players for a whole season and more like we did with davis regardless of how much we regard them.
I think there will be a compromise where the clubs and players both pay into a injury based insurnace that will make up any shortfall, I am told by a friend who works as an insurance actuary it is not as difficult as it sounds and premiums will be costed on the risk, as an example for the likes of Hall, premiums would be high based on his age, injury history, recurring injuries and any long term health issues. Clubs regardless of size and budget will have to do a lot more homework on who they sign and additionally do something alien to Torquay and give every potential player a full medical and fitness profile, if they cannot prove they have undertaken these checks their insurance premiums will be highter.
:goodpost: Equally this could be being driven by the insurance industry itself. I know from my employer that insurers for sick pay and the like do move the goal posts from time to time.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

I expect TUFC to be Part-time come next season.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DevonBee »

kevgull wrote: 26 Mar 2023, 18:27 I expect TUFC to be Part-time come next season.
From the shambles that most have produced this season I thought they were already Part- time .
Steve_TUFC
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Steve_TUFC »

Hopefully full-time and hopefully the club and/or the majority of the players (or pretenders) have contract relegation termination clauses. I fear I can only dream as we will probably have them for another season or longer. Funny that - the good ones we’ve had won’t commit beyond a season but our bunch of pretenders jumped at two or criminally three year contracts, that says it all on its own. I can’t bear watching Hanson, Crowe, Marshall, McGavin or Omar ever again, even watching them keeping the bench warm would frustrate the hell out of me. They are just average / below average mid table National League South / North players. We need good to average National League players to be a strong promotion candidate. Yes to Lapsie, Jarvis, Moxey (50/50 - play/rest), Dawson and Martin plus maybe Halstead. Guessing at a joint Hall and Moxey coaching team, which is totally fine with me. Both have been there and done it and are extremely good pros and local. The rest have got us in this miss and can go and pretend to be professional footballers at another club. Don’t understand the posts on here and twitter suggesting Marshall just needs coaching and Donnellan are both ok for National League South. Pay them up and get rid they have both cost us at least 6 points in the last few games, hate to calculate how much over the full season. Feel really sorry for future coaches taking this bunch on for next season even in the National League South.
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

100% spot on post, I agree with names stated to be kept on (hopefully) all of those I'd be happy with, and all those mentioned to go, get rid, I'm not being harsh, he may be a nice lad, and it's not personal, but how Ali Omar got a deal for this season is a huge mystery, when he's on the ball, it's like the football is a handgranade, That must panic team members alongside him, I think there's 5 or 6 currently who'd do a job in NLS, but the rest aren't up to it, maybe in a few years they will be, but this level currently and even NLS is beyond them, if there's a case for his defense -Donnellan has-been messed about as RB,Wing Back, Centre Midfielder, and wide right, what is his actual position?, Either way, I believe he needs to go. The keeper situation is a concern, can see Halstead leaving.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Admiral »

I expect and hope we’ll be playing under a new gaffer next season.

Could someone new help develop the likes of Crowe? I’d be happy to take that gamble on him in the NLS.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Admiral »

Correct me if I’m wrong, but when we went down from the Football League the first time Buckle only had 4 players to start with. That’s probably the sort of rebuild we’re looking at.