Gary Johnson, stick or twist? - As of 07/03/23

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.

Do you support GJ?

Yes - keep him
29%
No - get rid
71%

Total votes: 45

culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

I agree forevertufc that Johnson must have some form of coaching badge, but acquired when stanley matthews was in the blackpool youth team, most people with a good grasp of football could make a reasonable job of being a football manager with a healthly budget but the difference in good managers becomes plain when they do not.
On a positive note ,I recall the doom and gloom around the club when we went down to the NLS last time, that was it , we would never recover, etc etc But I remember that season very well, there was optimism and hope and I think that will be the same this next season, promotion will not be decided solely on money or a full time squad but on acquiring a good manager/coach.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DevonBee »

Awaiting the latest excuses from our beloved leader after this latest shambles today.
Do the decent thing Johnson resign and cancel your contract and do yourself and all of us a favour.
You have succeeded in taking us back to where it started . Your hopeless recruitment and keeping faith with this dross that has embarrassed our club this season has been a complete and utter disaster.
No more excuses….resign
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

His interview was embarrassing - he sounds like a totally defeated man.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by Forest gull »

Just watch any of his interviews since Christmas. Every one is the same. He really hasn’t got a clue any more. He sound’s totally lost and devoid of any ideas. Plan B? Not sure we even have a plan A, just ask Jarvis, he complained over and over about balls booted sky high to him today, again.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

I do not want him to walk away now,or be sacked I want him to own this dire season, it will be his last ever season in manageent unless it his local under 11's. he needs to feel the pain that we have for the last 9 months.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Modgull wrote: 25 Mar 2023, 18:45 His interview was embarrassing - he sounds like a totally defeated man.
Thought he told it like it was. Still there are three sides to every story: your side, my side, and the truth. The truth is out there.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by DevonBee »

He has read every excuse from the Book of excuses.
His clueless useless Marquees have let him down, but he signed them… there his players and with his coaching team most have failed to improve.
The fitness levels have been questionable all season.
Another late goal conceded, another must win game Lost.
A great shame it ends this way but GJ your time is up
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by DevonBee »

Amazing the Stick with Johnson fans are nowhere to be seen or heard tonight . Internet problems no doubt again to blame.
🤣🤣.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

DevonBee wrote: 25 Mar 2023, 20:37 Amazing the Stick with Johnson fans are nowhere to be seen or heard tonight . Internet problems no doubt again to blame.
🤣🤣.
Only the stupid think this is all down to Johnson.
Willowgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Willowgull »

Im not GJ's biggest fan but I do believe he was our best chance of staying up. Obviously we're not going to but I think we would have gone down whoever was in charge. Recruitment was the biggest issue, a total disaster.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by DevonBee »

hector wrote: 25 Mar 2023, 20:46 Only the stupid think this is all down to Johnson.
Not all down to him ….. but the idiot that is Edwards should have made the change months ago.
Johnson's signings, nobody else’s. His team, his bullshit, his excuses. Refs, injuries, his lack of motivation. His tactics
As a reminder look at the table.
He is the manager
He has failed
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by DevonBee »

P 38 W 7 D10 L 21 Gd - 25 Pts 31

For those with your GJ rose tinted on
Wake up and smell the coffee
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

DevonBee wrote: 25 Mar 2023, 21:18 P 38 W 7 D10 L 21 Gd - 25 Pts 31

For those with your GJ rose tinted on
Wake up and smell the coffee
Was Gary Johnson manager when we were relegated last time?

No, he wasn’t.

Who is the common denominator?

Don’t be daft enough to think that a different manager would have changed anything about this season. At a normal, well-run club, maybe. But at a club where real estate is the main focus, nothing would have changed.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by DevonBee »

hector wrote: 25 Mar 2023, 22:13 Was Gary Johnson manager when we were relegated last time?

No, he wasn’t.

Don’t be daft enough to think that a different manager would have changed anything about this season. At a normal, well-run club, maybe. But at a club where real estate is the main focus, nothing would have changed.
Like most supporters who have witnessed this seasons debacle. We are not interested in who was the manager when we were last relegated.
That is for the history books.
This is now . This is where we lie.
This is the table. The buck stops with Johnson.
Fitness……Recruitment…..Results .
If he did not fancy the budget … he should have walked away and given the opportunity to a younger, hungrier manager who would have undoubtedly built a better fitter side .
Living on past reputation is for the history books.
This is now
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

hector wrote: 25 Mar 2023, 22:13 Was Gary Johnson manager when we were relegated last time?

No, he wasn’t.

Oh my, still some defend him!