Will we stay up?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

What we dont want tonight is two players in Martin and Hall who havnt played a game between them for ages.
toastkid
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: david graham

Post by toastkid »

You might be right Brucie, but in light of poor performances, I'd start them both. Always sub them off when they are knackered.
thebigp1
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by thebigp1 »

After 3 defeats in a row that is probably us done. What a **** shambles this club has become.
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

thebigp1 wrote: 28 Feb 2023, 21:49 After 3 defeats in a row that is probably us done. What a **** shambles this club has become.
As I said earlier it was done last week with the against Dorking especially after going 2-1 ahead.
It will not be long before we are out of our misery.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Modgull »

No, I think we are on our way down now - too many of the marquee signings have turned out to be moth-eaten tent signings and the management appear to have lost the plot with bizarre team selections and formations and poor tactics.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Four points from safety. It’s far from already decided as some seem to think. A win at Aldershot would make a huge difference.
Gateshead have had a point deducted by the way.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

standupsitdown wrote: 01 Mar 2023, 10:38 Four points from safety. It’s far from already decided as some seem to think. A win at Aldershot would make a huge difference.
Gateshead have had a point deducted by the way.
It's crazy that we are only 4 pts adrift, so there is hope.
Made the mistake of saying last week that we had the best form from 10th place down.....
Not any more.....
But there is still a chance.
Surprised it was only one point tbh....
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Griff1n
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Danis Salman

Post by Griff1n »

Clutching at straws, I know, but Gateshead have been deducted one point for fielding an ineligible player:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64810967
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Its irrelevant what other teams are doing though - its entirely down to us. On all the evidence we will lucky to accumalate another 5 points all season.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

Purely in terms of points, not whether we’re good enough to get them:

If teams continue to pick up points at the rate they have so far the club one place above relegation (Yeovil) would have 49 points.
Given our poor goal difference we’d probably need 50 to be above them.

We have 30 points from 35 games so would need another 20 points from the last 11 games.
If we’d managed that rate in the season to date we’d have 65 points and the third.

So we need 6 wins and 2 draws from the last 11 games (or 5 wins and 5 draws, but just 1 defeat).

8 of our 11 fixtures are potentially winnable (I can’t see us winning at Boreham Wood, Chesterfield or v Wrexham - although there always a possibility especially if Wrexham are already up and we need a win to be safe), which means we probably have to take points from all 8 of the easier games.

Perhaps our biggest hope (albeit it slim) is that one of the clubs just above relegation – Yeovil, Dorking, York or Aldershot, have an awful finish to the season, so that the total to stay up is a bit lower. Unfortunately none of them have a particularly difficult set of fixtures to finish the season.

After Tuesday’s result but more significantly the unexpected wins for our rivals, for the first time I think our chances of staying up our now very slim.
thebigp1
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by thebigp1 »

It looked close to impossible before today that we would stay up, but after another defeat we now need a miracle.

10 games to go and realistically we need to win at least 6 and pick up a couple of draws to give ourselves any kind of chance. Given we have won 7 games all season there is basically no chance this can happen.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by DevonBee »

That’s it I am sad to say.
Same ole Same ole I have witnessed us give far too many goals away in what used to be known as Gary time.
Well Gary your time is up, you signed this spineless bunch and you have relied on the Dads Army Brigade and one by one most have let you down. However you are responsible for the 11 u put out there. Schoolboy defending, soft under belly’s in most. Clueless coaching and an Owner who does not seem to care. What an amazing 5 year plan that was.
Good riddance
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Modgull »

Yes, today was the final nail in the coffin. I have so far resisted pointing the finger at the manager but he has to be held to account for assembling the worst squad I think I can ever remember at TUFC and forcing them to play in bizarre formations and with clueless tactics (principally hoofball).

Edit:Just remembered that the Gary Owers squad was just as bad!

I am afraid that I will not be renewing my season ticket and will only return to watch the team next season if and when a new manager is recruited who can get the Club moving in the right direction.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

Modgull wrote: 11 Mar 2023, 23:04 Yes, today was the final nail in the coffin. I have so far resisted pointing the finger at the manager but he has to be held to account for assembling the worst squad I think I can ever remember at TUFC and forcing them to play in bizarre formations and with clueless tactics (principally hoofball).

Edit:Just remembered that the Gary Owers squad was just as bad!
Wouldn't agree with your edit. Owers squad included the likes of Cameron, Wynter, Reid and Hall plus Edwards and Andrews from Bristol City. Johnson was able to hit the ground running with those players and achieved promotion in just 30 games.
The players were good, it was just Owers was unable to mould them into a winning team.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

The fact there's been zero communication from George Edwards or Clarke Osbourne says it all