Torquay United v Bromley - Tues 28th Feb

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Mystified! we play horrific hoof-ball for 80min with Halstead majestically taking aimless long punts up the pitch. Then in 80min for reason still unfathomable to me Halstead having retrieved the ball from a chaotic melee in our box decides to play ball to feet to one yellow shirt who is outnumbered by three red shirts. Outcome-penalty! Can anyone unravel this game-plan puzzle for me.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

brucie wrote: 28 Feb 2023, 22:18 60 seconds after we scored our captain rolls the ball out to an opposing player in our penalty area - and you are blaming someone else.
Re-read it numpty
jono_Gull209
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by jono_Gull209 »

I can’t believe what I’ve just seen. Get back level and Halstead tries that roll out. Absolutely thick as shit this lot. Hate them all.
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

It's Monte Carlo or bust on Saturday, lose that, and it'll be a hurculean task to stay up,we need to roll the dice now, and win, nothing cagey or sitting back for an hour, go and win a football game on Saturday.... Results again weren't to bad tonight elsewhere, But if we need 3 wins just to be out of the drop zone, and that could be very soon, it'll be all over, there's still a flicker of hope (just) but it's looking very bleak, Halstead obviously has had a moment of madness, but trust me, we aren't where we are because of him, if it wasn't for him, we'd be lower than Maidstone and officially relegated, I've no doubt about that....
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DevonBee »

somersetgull wrote: 28 Feb 2023, 17:31 Keep up at the back. Put your glasses on and read. Crole left. Was on official website. Anyway....

A point be amazing tonight hopefully Bromley from March turn into we don't want to get promoted we will lose a few.

Probably only beat us 3-1 in that case.

Can't be worse than Saturday. So expecting a 0-1 or a 1-1 draw on our way to relegation tonight.
Never saw it on the website Somerset and fyi i wear contact lenses u Wurzel
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DevonBee »

Another awful performance , suicide defending has cost us again.
We are sadly clueless all over the pitch. Losing Moxey then Lapslie tonight and the writing was on the wall.
We have a soft underbelly throughout, that is the reality.
But don't blame Johnson...........he only recruited them after all !
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Mr Tea808 wrote: 28 Feb 2023, 22:27 Halstead obviously has had a moment of madness,
Agreed, but how many of our players will now be on the treatment table recovering from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder having witnessed for the first time this season what playing out from the back looks like, particularly one with errors. HOOF is not a four letter word in Torquay's vocabulary its just a nice bouncing ball.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Astonishing after match interview from Johnson. Seems to be on the verge of chucking the towel in........
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

MellowYellow wrote: 28 Feb 2023, 22:22 Mystified! we play horrific hoof-ball for 80min with Halstead majestically taking aimless long punts up the pitch. Then in 80min for reason still unfathomable to me Halstead having retrieved the ball from a chaotic melee in our box decides to play ball to feet to one yellow shirt who is outnumbered by three red shirts. Outcome-penalty! Can anyone unravel this game-plan puzzle for me.
It goes with the corner routine, no doubt straight off the training ground, in the first half where we played it short, caught their defence napping for a moment and then the ball was played back to the corner taker who was offside. Schoolboy stuff.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

I am afraid that we are as good as down now. Johnson has given the dice a final roll with a 4-3-3 formation and once again we have come up with nothing.

For the second game in a row we have clawed our way back into a game and then casually thrown it away. After a dispiriting first half of hoofball and three attempts with one on target we managed to stir ourselves to make 9 attempts in the second half, four on target, hit the bar and scored the solitary goal before switching off and gifting them the winner.

That knocked the stuffing out of the side and there were no further attempts in the 13 minutes remaining. Bromley just coasted to the win.

The only players to come out of the game with their heads up were Jarvis, Evans and Lawrence. Some of the others were just plain average but there were three standout shockers - McGavin, Halstead and Donellan. The latter has had his moments in other games but what a shocking tackle to give them the penalty and what was Halstead thinking rolling the ball out to the opposition? I struggle to see what McGavin brings to any game - how the hell he keeps being picked God only knows. I almost think we would be better playing with 10 players than having him in the team.

I struggle to see how we are going to put the necessary run of results together so I think relegation is now almost certain. Depressed and angry.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
bobbytanz1963
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by bobbytanz1963 »

brucie wrote: 28 Feb 2023, 22:18 60 seconds after we scored our captain rolls the ball out to an opposing player in our penalty area - and you are blaming someone else.
I think you will find Lapslie was captain when Moxey went off then it as Halstead. The armband gives it away !
bobbytanz1963
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by bobbytanz1963 »

:goodpost:
Modgull wrote: 28 Feb 2023, 23:36 I am afraid that we are as good as down now. Johnson has given the dice a final roll with a 4-3-3 formation and once again we have come up with nothing.

For the second game in a row we have clawed our way back into a game and then casually thrown it away. After a dispiriting first half of hoofball and three attempts with one on target we managed to stir ourselves to make 9 attempts in the second half, four on target, hit the bar and scored the solitary goal before switching off and gifting them the winner.

That knocked the stuffing out of the side and there were no further attempts in the 13 minutes remaining. Bromley just coasted to the win.

The only players to come out of the game with their heads up were Jarvis, Evans and Lawrence. Some of the others were just plain average but there were three standout shockers - McGavin, Halstead and Donellan. The latter has had his moments in other games but what a shocking tackle to give them the penalty and what was Halstead thinking rolling the ball out to the opposition? I struggle to see what McGavin brings to any game - how the hell he keeps being picked God only knows. I almost think we would be better playing with 10 players than having him in the team.

I struggle to see how we are going to put the necessary run of results together so I think relegation is now almost certain. Depressed and angry.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

UnitedinDevon wrote: 28 Feb 2023, 22:23 Re-read it numpty
Now now Girls, let's play nicely.
eddie6817
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by eddie6817 »

Bring in a new face before its too late how much worse can it get.
toastkid
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: david graham

Post by toastkid »

Well, it was 4-4-2, and we were the better team for three quarters of the game. I genuinely think we played well in the second half in particular. Of course it became more direct as the game went on, but there was good running and movement and we created several chances. Crossbar, keeper makes saves, blocked shots, we played well.

Then that moment. A complete cock up, compounded by another.

One of the worst footballing moments ever.