Dorking v Torquay Tuesday 21st February

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
thebigp1
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by thebigp1 »

Disastrous result, which may well prove costly at the end of the season. After Saturday I felt we had a shot at getting out of the bottom 4 but it suddenly looks a long way off again!
GullsUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by GullsUnited »

SWgull wrote: 21 Feb 2023, 21:47 Another shambles. Is anybody really surprised?
Once we scored we looked more likely to grab more goals, red card changes everything that even their commentator said it was a ridiculous red
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Looked knackered and unorganised from the very beginning. A complete contrast to the game on Saturday, typical non-league inconsistency. No idea why the club didn't organise an overnight stay to prepare for this game. Huge chance squandered, but when have we ever done it the easy way?

Keep the faith.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
SWgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by SWgull »

GullsUnited wrote: 21 Feb 2023, 21:51 Once we scored we looked more likely to grab more goals, red card changes everything that even their commentator said it was a ridiculous red
We had an awful first half until we scored. We started the second half well obviously but then we capitulated after the red. Nothing on the bench (as has been the case all season) to change things and taking Tope off so early was a mistake. Very frustrating.
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

GullsUnited wrote: 21 Feb 2023, 21:51 Once we scored we looked more likely to grab more goals, red card changes everything that even their commentator said it was a ridiculous red
Agree that the red card was the game changer, but why replace Fadahunsi with the hapless Ben Wyatt?
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

We aren't a crazy distance from safety, tonight is a bad one, but with so many youngsters, and all the chopping and changing is it really any wonder tonight had happened?, We've never really had a settled starting XI, and the tactics and formation are again never settled, it's naive football, and it could prove costly, we dont know if we're a 4-4-2 or 5-3-2 or a 3-5-2, I cannot figure us or Johnson out this season, what's gets to me is the sheer number of players we've used, it's worrying times, but still a long way to go, and teams are catchable.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DevonBee »

Shocking result and another 6 pointer lost.
Yellow Army turned up, sadly the team didn’t until the 38th minute 🙄 u have to ask why ?
Lapslie gave us Hope early 2nd half , then Evans Red changed it completely.
2 simalar goals conceded, you have to question the marking ?
We have been beaten by a bunch of part timers and that is shameful . Need to recover from this huge setback by beating Southend.
Safe trip home fellow supporters
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

On a positive note, unbelievable effort from the away fans today.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Red card changed the game and you wont see a worse one. Referee was an absolute disgrace. Fell apart after the sending off but doesnt alter the fact that the decision changed the game. we were looking comfotable at that stage.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

brucie wrote: 21 Feb 2023, 22:11 Red card changed the game and you wont see a worse one. Referee was an absolute disgrace. Fell apart after the sending off but doesnt alter the fact that the decision changed the game. we were looking comfotable at that stage.
Agreed, a terrible decision, made worse by the playacting from the Dorking player to goad the ref into a crap decision. The Dorking keeper did the same later in the game. I hope Dorking go down. We didn’t play well, but who knows what would have happened without the red card. I’m bloody fuming.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

The red card didn't affect the two pathetic goals we conceded. Bloody asleep on those crosses. Weak and gutless defending. All through the game Dorking played quick passing football to feet with pace while we lump it. Just not good enough, afraid we are going down after that result.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

I didn’t see the sending off - lots of us couldn’t see that part of the pitch - but having seen it now it looks as if the ref was conned. As he was by their keeper when he booked Jarvis.
With 11 men I think we’d have won.
Bad defending for the second half goals and a bad decision to take of a striker when with our defence we were likely to need to score another to win the game.

Finally, disappointed in a small group of our supporters who spent most of the game calling all and sundry Peados and abused the female Dorking physio. Idiots.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Oh come on. Its ludricrous to suggest that the red card didnt affect the two goals. We had a man less than them for starters. You think that Dorking looked "better than us" with 11 v 11.

Thought we grew into the game after starting poorly. We were well on top at 2-1. Maybe a bad decision to take off Fadahunshi, but hes been struggling to last 90 minutes so maybe you cant necessarily blame the manager for that one. Losing him and Evans lost us most of our offensive power. was the second yellow even a foul by Evans? looked 50-50 to me. Even the home commentator could'nt believe it.
bobbytanz1963
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by bobbytanz1963 »

One look at who the ref was convinced me that tonight would be a bad night !! Bloody Quelch !!!!

Think GJ reverts to defensive mode too quickly on the odd occasion we get ahead which prevents a reaction to falling behind. But then what do I know ???

Get real guys it’s NLS now staring us in the face !
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Dont think it was quelch - he was injured and came off in the halifax game on saturday - just our luck that we managed to get somebody worse than him