New Signings -Jacob Mensah and Tope Fadahunsi.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

New Signings -Jacob Mensah and Tope Fadahunsi.

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Have joined from Maidstone -Jacob & Sutton - Tope.
Welcome to the club lads.

https://torquayunited.com/united-announ ... signing-3/
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Good to hear, my worry like most of our signings of late is they have very little experience , but that aside I hope that are not preemptive signings as two of our better players such as jarvis and donnellan are on their way.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

culmstockgull wrote: 19 Jan 2023, 14:26 Good to hear, my worry like most of our signings of late is they have very little experience , but that aside I hope that are not preemptive signings as two of our better players such as jarvis and donnellan are on their way.
Tope has been playing in L2 and Jacob has played in the NL.
Why would you think we are losing those two?
Look on the bright side why don't you?
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by happytorq »

culmstockgull wrote: 19 Jan 2023, 14:26 Good to hear, my worry like most of our signings of late is they have very little experience , but that aside I hope that are not preemptive signings as two of our better players such as jarvis and donnellan are on their way.
crikey, it must be so depressing at your house, lol

"Culmstockgull, great news! My supermodel best friend who likes threesomes and can breathe though her nose wants to come and visit and says she'll do whatever you want!"

"oh, bloody hell, that means I've got to move the car so she has somewhere to park"
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by culmstockgull »

Certainly willing to be proved wrong.
Amber SUFC
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Amber SUFC »

Tope is very popular with the Sutton fans. Look after him and he will do well for you.
Yellow6
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Yellow6 »

Is Mensah a loan or signed?...and for how long?
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

I think it's pretty clear now as to which markets we're shopping in, it's taken me a while to figure it out, other teams under 23 squads, or fringe players at other teams in and around our current level, has anyone got a number on the amount of players we've already used so far?,we never seem to get any continuity with a settled XI, or formation and tactics are the same, a real mixed bag, before anyone comes back at me, these two signings today-time will tell, but do we really believe they are going to be an improvement on the current team, or improve the squad?, I'm not entirely sure they will do so, but happy to be proved wrong, just feel underwhelmed by these signings and inexperience which I believe is crucial and needed above anything else.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by culmstockgull »

We seem to have gone from a discussion amongst fans for three strikers to now having four, why, at most you can only play two in games. This season,
on occasion we have played with one, as a starting eleven if you want to play wyatt and de sousa plus three in the middle then there is no room for more than two, logically you do not get loans in to bench warm nor will their parent club allow it, so I stick with my earlier assertion that we will lose players during the january window, and not ones we can afford to lose.
Stickingitin
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Stickingitin »

culmstockgull wrote: 19 Jan 2023, 17:19 We seem to have gone from a discussion amongst fans for three strikers to now having four, why, at most you can only play two in games. This season,
on occasion we have played with one, as a starting eleven if you want to play wyatt and de sousa plus three in the middle then there is no room for more than two, logically you do not get loans in to bench warm nor will their parent club allow it, so I stick with my earlier assertion that we will lose players during the january window, and not ones we can afford to lose.
If you're including Aguiar as a striker then that's not his position and I don't see where the fourth could otherwise be.
One could play three strikers at the end of the game or even beginning, so you can't only play just two strikers.
We have been playing with one striker because the options were limited, now we have a full squad which will be limited down to two strikers on occasions which is why need three.
Their parent club want the best experience with the most competitiveness the player can handle.
We will not be losing players that want to be here.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DevonBee »

Welcome to the pair of them, probably the last throw of the dice for Johnson....still aiming to clear up the complete and utter mess he has created with many of his crap summer signings....hopefully these 2 can only improve things....here's hoping
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by happytorq »

don't know how long Aguiar will actually be here - I believe his loan was for a month only, and by my count, we now have 6 players on loan (Aguiar, Lawrence, Evans, Da Silva, Crole, Fadahunsi), only 5 of whom can be in a matchday squad. As it is, it seems as though Aguiar plays in a slightly withdraw role behind Jarvis, similar to what CLE was doing for most of last season with Danny Wright.

assuming he (Aguiar) doesn't stick around beyond his month, I could easily see Kieron Evans playing that role instead, which would then allow a hopefully fully fit pair of Hall and Lapslie to help protect the back.

At this stage of the season, all of our signings are going to be somewhat hopeful. We clearly don't have the budget to pay other clubs for in-contract players, and we probably wouldn't want to risk bringing anybody in for 18 months anyway given that we don't really know which division we'll be in next year.

FWIW, I don't think any of our players (I think Jarvis and Donellan were mentinoed before) will be on their way out of the club either - nobody is likely to want to pay money for players in a team that's struggling so badly. Still can't believe we got money for Corie Andrews (apparently), even though when he signed the majority of us will have thought "that's just the kind of striker we need!", and it simply didn't work out, for whatever reason.

At least with Crole and Fadahunsi, we should have - theoretically - players on the bench who can make a difference, and if one of those forms a partnership with Jarvis in a sub appearance that warrants starting them, that'd be great. I like Jarvis but I don't think he's ever likely to be the guy to score 25 league goals for us - similar to Wright, in that way. the main difference has been that we've not been getting the goals from midfield that we did the previous 2 seasons, although when you consider how many goals we lost with the departures of CLE and Little, that's probably not a massive surprise.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
toastkid
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: david graham

Post by toastkid »

Dear oh dear!
People complain when Gary doesn't sign anyone, now they complain he signs too many.
They complained when we were losing, next they'll complain if we win.

I say, well done GJ keep up the good work!
Up the gulls!
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

What good work is he keeping up?
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

toastkid wrote: 19 Jan 2023, 19:37 Dear oh dear!
People complain when Gary doesn't sign anyone, now they complain he signs too many.
They complained when we were losing, next they'll complain if we win.

I say, well done GJ keep up the good work!
Up the gulls!
I think people have got things all wrong. Gary Johnson has been an awful manager for the last 18 months. He is very fortunate to still be in a job, most clubs would have sacked him at least 6 months ago but forever reason the owner has stood by him. The one man who yet again has saved Torquay from relegation is Clarke Osborne. Yet again it's his money that is clearing up the mess that Johnson has made in his awful signings over the last year. I am now very confident that we will now easily avoid relegation by allowing Johnson to bring in more experienced players than the crap team that Johnson put together pre-season. All true supporters need to be thankful that Uncle Clarke has yet again saved our beloved club from the abiss. Thank you Clarke Osborne.