Is our Squad Match Fit?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Is our Squad Match Fit?

Post by portugull »

When a Club of the stature of Manchester City tells a player, Kalvin Phillips, not to even report for training, until he is physically fit and the correct weight it set me thinking about our squad of 21 Full Time Professionals which includes 5 loanees. I have excluded the 1st year pros.

I have seen every Home Match this season, including 3 Pre Season Friendly's and I think at least 3 players are overweight, not fully fit, and so lack pace it is embarrassing. I am not going to name names.

My question is who is in charge of physical fitness and are the players weighed at least weekly?

I know the players wear a GPS vest which tracks and measures the performance of each player. I would so love to see the data. Never going to happen.

With 4 wins from 23 games we are going down unless there is a dramatic improvement soon.

Fitness, concentration, accuracy in passing, good communication,clincal finishing all missing so far. We have to improve.

Lets back the team 100% on Boxing Day because never have been 3 points more vital, COYY.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

Our subs, other than Lapslie today were a total embarrassment. The number 10 ( Corrie Andrews) looked like the little fat kid from school....totally overweight and unfit, could not run and lacked any skill. Where did we get him from? He was fracking useless. His only contribution was winding up their number 2, who should of been sent off.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

Our subs, other than Lapslie today were a total embarrassment. The number 10 ( Corrie Andrews) looked like the little fat kid from school....totally overweight and unfit, could not run and lacked any skill. Where did we get him from? He was fracking useless. His only contribution was winding up their number 2, who should of been sent off.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

I think it is plain even to the most myopic that this squad is not match fit, that we are still having this conversation is worrying, comments on here about its not right to criticise players is pants, the season is over halfway through and we are not mproving, quite the reverse, we seem incapable of playing a 90 minute game.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DevonBee »

To many passengers, and to many injury prone. You have to question everything that is going on behind the scenes with fitness, recovery and training in general. When a bunch of part timers look fitter than us, serious questions need to be asked.
But sadly there is nobody interested in asking them, as nobody seems to care.
I would welcome a Fans Forum in Boots and Laces for the fans to ask the Management some real questions about this current campaign.
That would be interesting.
thebigp1
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by thebigp1 »

Clearly our squad doesn’t look fit enough and you have to wonder what sought of physical preparation is going on at the club. As for Andrews he is clearly overweight and shouldn’t be anywhere near a professional side. Kalvin Phillips was dropped by Man City this week for the same reason and so should Andrews until he is in shape.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

An all too accurate assessment of our squad Devon Bee, as for the suggestion of a fans forum I would see very little purpose in such an event, we know the club is an information vacuum, and that decision was made at the highest level, if the club authorised such an event it would be like the chinese party conference, no negative questions , everyone claps when told, and everyone heaps praise on the chairman, no one from the TUST allowed and all questions to the manager must be submitted a week before so that his team based around that idiot who asks the questions at his his pre and post match chats can think of cunning replies based around the ref, bad luck, the weather, injuries his wife, anything that does not relate to why he cannot motivate a team for 90 minutes to win a gams.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by DevonBee »

culmstockgull wrote: 27 Dec 2022, 11:10 An all too accurate assessment of our squad Devon Bee, as for the suggestion of a fans forum I would see very little purpose in such an event, we know the club is an information vacuum, and that decision was made at the highest level, if the club authorised such an event it would be like the chinese party conference, no negative questions , everyone claps when told, and everyone heaps praise on the chairman, no one from the TUST allowed and all questions to the manager must be submitted a week before so that his team based around that idiot who asks the questions at his his pre and post match chats can think of cunning replies based around the ref, bad luck, the weather, injuries his wife, anything that does not relate to why he cannot motivate a team for 90 minutes to win a gams.
Thank you for your reply Culmstock, and guess a true reflection from yourself as to why a Fans Forum would not be encouraged.
There woud be serious questions, that they would deflect the answers.
The constant excuses we hear in post match are of constant embarrassment . Oh well my ticket for Yeovil has just arrived...here's hoping for
11 men in yellow shirts can put in a performance and surprise us with a victory ! :bow:
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by DevonBee »

North Curry House wrote: 26 Dec 2022, 20:46 Our subs, other than Lapslie today were a total embarrassment. The number 10 ( Corrie Andrews) looked like the little fat kid from school....totally overweight and unfit, could not run and lacked any skill. Where did we get him from? He was fracking useless. His only contribution was winding up their number 2, who should of been sent off.
Best news of the week so far our excuse for a number 10 has left for Wealdstone.......well that is one of the Marquees gone thank goodness.
Chrisjb66
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Chrisjb66 »

Would be interesting to see a video of a typical training session. I wonder if it’s the same old every day.