Gary Johnson, stick or twist?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.

Do you support GJ?

Poll ended at 17 Jan 2023, 14:06

Yes - keep him
52%
No - get rid
48%

Total votes: 69

Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

DB57 wrote: 08 Jan 2023, 22:15 Thank you. You’re very kind. Lovely turn of phrase
I jest of course
DB57
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jimmy Dunne

Post by DB57 »

Admiral wrote: 10 Jan 2023, 14:03
I jest of course
:)
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

I’m sorry to say it, but the club needs new management.

Whilst I think GJ would find a way to bring us right back up, the fact is we should not be in a relegation battle and todays exit from the cup with another flawed setup and poor showing by most accounts underscores the consistency of the problems we are facing
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by DevonBee »

Bristol_Gull wrote: 11 Feb 2023, 21:36 I’m sorry to say it, but the club needs new management.

Whilst I think GJ would find a way to bring us right back up, the fact is we should not be in a relegation battle and todays exit from the cup with another flawed setup and poor showing by most accounts underscores the consistency of the problems we are facing
We are stuck with him I am afraid.......he should have gone months ago.........however he will be gone when his contract is up so summer I guess.
The same old excuses week in week out, the press calls are embarrassing with the same old drivel and excuses and the blame always with officials.
the tactics do not change, the hoofball, the lack of ideas we have needed a fresh face, fresh ideas with a better network for recruitment.

I really hope he can get us out of the mess he has created this season with a shambles of signings in the majority of cases. I will exclude 2 of the
so called marquee 8. Massive games ahead at Dorking, Aldershot, Scunnie , Gateshead and Maidenhead away...this will define things.
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

Sadly, it is time for 'thank you and goodbye'.
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

Too late now, unless there was a Neil Warnock type manager available to get instant results.
I'd thank Johnson, Somerset Gull, for the lovely attacking football we used to play, and if it wasn't for that awful Play Off final, the fact we'd be back in the football league.
It's get through this season, and more or less start afresh with new manager and players again next year.
The deluder
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by The deluder »

I listen to the Herald Express podcast every week and every time I am shocked by the subservience shown to the “Gaffa”. He really is past his best.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by DevonBee »

He has lost the plot months ago, who plays hoofball on a plastic pitch ? Today we had Mensah and I am not sure in what position, but he was in for Evans !
It sums up his faith in Wyatt and Hanson who are more natural midfielders. We are incapable of making 3 passes together as Southend outpassed, outplayed , and outwitted us.
The normal drivel from GJ on the website, same old sh1t just another defeat 🤬
thebigp1
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by thebigp1 »

I honestly can’t see how anyone can defend GJ after seeing today’s performance. No effort (except for Lapslie and Nico). Tactically awful. Aimless long ball at every opportunity. It’s so dreadful to watch every time Halstead has the ball in his hands he pumps it long straight away. The defenders clear it up every time. There seems to be no plan from set pieces. We run out of ideas so hope a long throw might work but it never does and there is no sign we actually practice them. We might as well not bother with a midfield as they are bypassed every time. No width.

It felt like watching an end of season game where we had nothing to play for.
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Bristol_Gull »

The faces have changed but the mismanagement continues.

Lack of formation, no clear system, players playing out of position, inadequate loan signings

This is a management problem and the only hope of survival is bringing someone new in who can bring a fresh start, new ideas and build confidence in a team that is playing as though they are already down.
SWgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by SWgull »

He should have been shown the door before Christmas. What an appalling season we are having, same mistakes week in, week out. The buck stops with the manager. His excuse yesterday of 'it's what happens when you're at the bottom' is absolute nonsense. No Gary it's what happens when you sign poor footballers and play them out of position.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Gary’s got no ambition and no proven coaches to help him.
He’s living off of his reputation.

However as we all know with all things in life, you get out of it what you are prepared to put in to it.

Poor investment = Poor results
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by DevonBee »

A very sad situation indeed. He seems void of ideas and is a broken man. It cannot be doing his health any good.
It’s time for him to call it a day.
Chrisjb66
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Chrisjb66 »

Playing Da Silva as wingback is plain potty. Goodness knows what the lad thinks of his ‘education’ at TUFC!
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

52% v 48% is a precarious representation!