Gary Johnson, stick or twist?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.

Do you support GJ?

Poll ended at 17 Jan 2023, 14:06

Yes - keep him
52%
No - get rid
48%

Total votes: 69

MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Cheddargull wrote: 28 Nov 2022, 10:47 I never remember you suggesting 'viable replacements' when you were leading the Harrop and Owers out campaigns on this forum a few years ago.
Thats because under Owers management a Costa Coffee Cup would have been a 'viable replacement'
goody2449
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: luke Young

Post by goody2449 »

He has to go now for us to stand a chance, i’d take Downes until the end of season if need be. Turning towards fans with the expression of “what can i do” and waving to Yeovil fans When they sang his name at Plainmoor is damn right disrespectful.

What has GJ actually achieved to have this aura? Got us promoted as the only full time squad in a farmers league, with a squad of Owers players, who are all in league football now, then he bottled a 12 point lead, lost a playoff final, and now turning on the fans after bringing in his marquee signings.

i guarantee in the weekly press call he will mention injuries and having to give the players a 6 week mini pre season. it’s boring, if this is mirrored in his training techniques, the players are probably bored too.

Get anyone in, a new fresh face, different training etc, if it doesn’t work, what’s the harm in trying. it won’t happen tho as others have mentioned, Osbornes plan, no money etc, what does Edwards actually do? all you ever see him do is a lap of the pitch on match day
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

It’s a sad state of affairs, and the reality for myself and probably many others is that whilst he’s still in charge I won’t be wasting my money on Saturday. Yes he’s got the CV, but we’re failing and we need fresh ideas.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DevonBee »

A sad reflection when only 26 can be bothered to vote on Do you support Johnson. on here
There were over 300 votes on the other forum. Like our owners it appears nobody seems to be bothered .
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by DevonBee »

Nick Potkins wrote: 02 Jan 2023, 22:32 Danny Cowley anyone 😀
I wish :scarf:
GullsUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by GullsUnited »

Admiral wrote: 03 Jan 2023, 09:21 It’s a sad state of affairs, and the reality for myself and probably many others is that whilst he’s still in charge I won’t be wasting my money on Saturday. Yes he’s got the CV, but we’re failing and we need fresh ideas.
No worries, I guess we'll be seeing you again when we're winning?
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

DevonBee wrote: 03 Jan 2023, 10:24 A sad reflection when only 26 can be bothered to vote on Do you support Johnson. on here
There were over 300 votes on the other forum. Like our owners it appears nobody seems to be bothered .
That's not the case. The other "forum" isn't actually a forum, TorquayTalk is a blog and also features on Twitter and is more widely read than this forum, also I don't think you need to register to vote on the blog as you do with this forum to vote.
Anyway I'm surprised the admins haven't got round to fixing it to show 99% want Johnson to stay.
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

Admiral wrote: 03 Jan 2023, 09:21 It’s a sad state of affairs, and the reality for myself and probably many others is that whilst he’s still in charge I won’t be wasting my money on Saturday. Yes he’s got the CV, but we’re failing and we need fresh ideas.
Welcome to the club Admiral. It's the only way for supporters to vent there anger and frustration at the powers that be to sack the manager. Not one to boast, I was slaughtered on this forum by most of you when I announced my boycott of matches whilst Gary Johnson was still manager in October 2021. Sadly, how right i was.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by DevonBee »

Cheddargull wrote: 03 Jan 2023, 11:50 That's not the case. The other "forum" isn't actually a forum, TorquayTalk is a blog and also features on Twitter and is more widely read than this forum, also I don't think you need to register to vote on the blog as you do with this forum to vote.
Anyway I'm surprised the admins haven't got round to fixing it to show 99% want Johnson to stay.
A wider audience than this then, but not even 30 votes is pathetic......and yes I agree I am awaiting the mass surge and it tipping the other way
to the 995 as you have stated :lol:
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

Cheddargull wrote: 03 Jan 2023, 11:50 That's not the case. The other "forum" isn't actually a forum, TorquayTalk is a blog and also features on Twitter and is more widely read than this forum, also I don't think you need to register to vote on the blog as you do with this forum to vote.
The poll was only added when I added it less than 24 hrs ago. Beg your pardon? Fix it? I voted go.

ps this site is still the most visited unofficial TUFC site and I'd argue how many of those votes were duplicated by same user?
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by DevonBee »

The comment from Johnson 'you're either with us or against us' I find quite disgusting to the 802 of us who braved the awful weather to support
OUR team, It was a totally disrespectful comment from a so called experienced manager. 400 stood in the poring rain behind the goal the diehards who support this club through an embarrassing season.
We are not the sit at home brigade, we are the heartbeat . We deserve far better than what we are viewing.

Respedt and not comments like that from him.
We are with the team.......................................I am against disrespect to supporters from somebody who should know better
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Louis wrote: 03 Jan 2023, 13:11 The poll was only added when I added it less than 24 hrs ago. Beg your pardon? Fix it? I voted go.

ps this site is still the most visited unofficial TUFC site and I'd argue how many of those votes were duplicated by same user?
I voted Keep him, just like Cheddar Gull 😉
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

I've voted to keep him too.... let's face it, we're all p!ssed off with how this season has gone so far but even if GJ was to go who the hell would want to take on what seems to be an impossible task of keeping us in this league?

Someone on here (can't be arsed to search for it) even suggested Downes! wtf...

It's not a great time to be a Torquay fan (those times are as rare as hens teeth) but we've just gotta hope and pray (even us aethiests) that we have enough points at the end of the season so that our local derby next season isn't Taunton Town/Weymouth et al

Yep, I guess there'll be replies along the lines of 'we haven't got a hope in hell', 'you're talking sh!te' etc etc.... but, hey ho, it's a forum.... for opinions. Just sayin'
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by DevonBee »

Southampton Gull wrote: 03 Jan 2023, 14:20 I voted Keep him, just like Cheddar Gull 😉
Any idea who the other 6 are and can we name them? Lol
And do they have a Specsavers in there town🤣🤣
toastkid
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: david graham

Post by toastkid »

I missed the vote, but would have voted to keep GJ.