Gary Johnson, stick or twist?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.

Do you support GJ?

Poll ended at 17 Jan 2023, 14:06

Yes - keep him
52%
No - get rid
48%

Total votes: 69

eddie6817
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by eddie6817 »

I said weeks ago a change was needed sadly nothing has transpired to give me any optimism things will turn around. I don't know the terms of his contract but somebody with fresh ideas is desperately needed. Nothing to lose in my opinion relegation is now a distinct possibility.
Wubble U
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: The Sills
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Wubble U »

It is completely unfathomable that Gary Johnson is still in charge.
I can't think of any precedent where a manager has underachieved this immensely and hasn't been sacked.
No other club would allow their aimless and inevitable demise without making a change to see if they could rescue themselves from relegation.

What is happening at TUFC? This isn't normal. We're 2nd bottom in the table, why aren't they changing anything?
Does Uncle Clarke not care what league we are in?
Maybe it is irrelevant to his long term goal for acquiring land for housing and making his nefarious pretty penny from this venture?

Why on earth is Gary Johnson still in charge and being allowed to run us down into the NLS?
The mind boggles.
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

Wubble U wrote: 01 Jan 2023, 17:00 Why on earth is Gary Johnson still in charge and being allowed to run us down into the NLS?
The mind boggles.
I don't know the answer but remember Gary Owers was allowed to take the club down last time and remained in charge at the start of the following season, Uncle Clarke has got form for tolerating relegation.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

**** useless, get him out
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by DevonBee »

Well 78% want Johnson out, no doubt the Rose Tinted will disagree as usual, amazing that they are not on here after another defeat !!!!
But then the 802 who were there today (myself included ) were the ones he turned his back on at the end.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

He is getting sacked in the morning.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

North Curry House wrote: 01 Jan 2023, 22:00 He is getting sacked in the morning.
I thought Christmas was last week?
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

DevonBee wrote: 01 Jan 2023, 20:53 Well 78% want Johnson out, no doubt the Rose Tinted will disagree as usual, amazing that they are not on here after another defeat !!!!
But then the 802 who were there today (myself included ) were the ones he turned his back on at the end.
I'm here. Not sure about having rose tinted glasses as it is clear we are relegation fodder. I was not there today but can imagine the sheer frustration of those that did attend. Nonetheless, I still back Johnson as I am not sure who is out there who is better qualified and willing to take on the job to get us out of this hell-hole. Change for the sake of change is not the answer. So what is left for our season? Well, when you think all is lost, when all is dire and bleak, there is always hope!
6667GULL
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'KANE

Post by 6667GULL »

4 wins in 25 league games is the only statistic to look at.
The current squad is one of the worst that I have seen in over 50 years.
We need too many recruits to turn it round.
Andrews, Crowe, Hanson and Marshall should all go immediately but they won't due to their contracts.
Keep Gary and let him see the spiral to relegation that this squad deserves through to the bitter end.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Still here and still Stick for me.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
toastkid
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: david graham

Post by toastkid »

78%?

You couldn't make it up. Actually, you can and you did. There is no such statistic.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by DevonBee »

toastkid wrote: 02 Jan 2023, 07:03 78%?

You couldn't make it up. Actually, you can and you did. There is no such statistic.
Torquay Talk Poll
74% voted Go …….. FACT
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

Not going to be nasty or spiteful towards GJ ,it has gone stale, and it needs a different message or approach, for me it's time he went, his signings haven't worked out, the team for me isn't a team, it's in 3 parts, loanees, dreadful signings, and the older experienced players who I still believe are better than the rest when all fit ,Halstead,Hall,Moxey,Martin and Lapslie I think these players would 100% get another NL club, but nothing has "gelled" this season, it just hasn't worked out, it's a shame for everyone connected with the club, esp for Gary as he's done a solid job, I think most fans would agree it needs fresh ideas and time for a change,
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Twist, without a doubt.
But, who on earth in their right minds would take on such a basket case of a club right now ?
If GJ & AD are given their marching orders I can see the 'board' going as far as Hall & Moxey in a joint player managing role ( if they were agreeable, that is ! ) at best.
Have the owners got the will & compassion to address the current decline ? For me the answer is no, this is a deliberate act in gently & surely bring the club to its knees & then turning off the life support.
Sad but true, we are all complicit in its demise, as supporters we are allowing it to happen, we have a voice and all we do is tap away at our keyboards & vent our frustrations, to which the club obviously ignore.
Are there any protests during matchday? Not that I hear loud & vociferous angst towards the board & management at all, there were a few murmurs of GJ out yesterday but all in all it was quite a pathetic rant that never really got going.
If we really want a change then we gave to make it known constantly, accepting this constant dross is IMO is complicit in the clubs managed decline
We have a voice, together it can be loud enough to make a difference, after all it is our club always has been & always will be.
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by Forest gull »

Twist for me. Worst team since the Webb era. Players just simply not good enough. Tactics awful. Taking off leading scorer for Andrew’s shows that. There simply must be an ambitious young manager out there who would want to manage us. He couldn’t do any worse!!!