Mark Ellis! (Permanently??)

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

He was superb today.
Let's hope he can be persuaded to stay for the season.
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

In the games I've seen him in, he's played well. Bit of composure at the back when previously we were all over the shop.
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Let's hope he doesn't get booed when he comes back in a couple of months, like Cameron was. I really don't think he deserved that , embarrassing, was a very good player for us who did all he could
to get us promoted, including two perfectly good headed goals in the play off final. More of a case if you like that sort of thing to give Nemane some stick for conning two penalties against us this season !
jono_Gull209
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by jono_Gull209 »

Cameron deserved the boos. If he’d left quietly without acting like a child (AgentCam) then maybe he’d be welcomed back.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

desperado wrote: 06 Feb 2023, 20:08 Let's hope he doesn't get booed when he comes back in a couple of months, like Cameron was. I really don't think he deserved that , embarrassing, was a very good player for us who did all he could
to get us promoted, including two perfectly good headed goals in the play off final. More of a case if you like that sort of thing to give Nemane some stick for conning two penalties against us this season !
nah, I'm not having that. If he'd just gone somewhere in a higher division and kept his mouth shut, it would've been fine. Disappointing of course, but no big deal.

He joined a direct rival after talking about having 'ambition'. We'd pulled him from anonymity in the north east and gave him a platform to forge a league career. I'm certain he'd have had offers from league clubs, but instead he went to Notts - a direct competitor that we'd finished above that season. Yes, it's a short career, and maybe Notts offered him more money than any league sides did, but don't talk about 'coming to Torquay a boy, leaving as a man', and then spend the next few months with the #AgentCam stuff.

annoyingly i thought he was pretty good for them on saturday.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

desperado wrote: 06 Feb 2023, 20:08 Let's hope he doesn't get booed when he comes back in a couple of months, like Cameron was. I really don't think he deserved that , embarrassing, was a very good player for us who did all he could
Cameron deserved the boo's

im sure he'll still be in the National League next season!
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Ok fair enough, I'd forgotten about the agent Cam stuff.
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

Sense of humour by-pass still functioning.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Our defence looks alot better without Ellis
GullsUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by GullsUnited »

Mark was a great defender against teams who hit the ball long but he does struggle when teams put the ball down and run at him