Will we stay up?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

We have had loads of chances to get clear of the bottom four, other than Aldershot, we have failed every time because we are not good enough. The recent signings have improved the squad but overall we are still coming up short on a regular basis. Next week fills me with dread....Gateshead are on a winning run (one match), more than we can boast. Unless we play with passion and get our forwards to score, I predict another loss 0-2.

I hope I am wrong.
knightmaregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by knightmaregull »

Thos is meant as absolutely no slight on anyone who supports from afar/ via the radio but I suspect that those who regularly attend games will be feeling far more positive than those who don't.

The endeavour and attitude of the players is a million miles from the horrific relegation battles that we used to regularly face in the pre-Gary years and quite simply, I feel we've been really unlucky lately.

That said, our initial points v oldham and halifax were incredibly lucky the other way!

There's still a long way to go. I encourage everyone to keep the faith and send only positive vibes. The plug could be pulled by Clarke at any time so just enjoy it!!
thebigp1
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by thebigp1 »

I think that’s us done after todays result. With Maidstone and Yeovil winning we just fall further adrift. No sign of improvement in results l.
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

No!
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

We have won 3 games all season. We need to win 2 and other teams above lose just to even think about getting out the f the relegation zone.
We will be lucky to win another 3 or 4'
It really is time Faith r a new manager just see how f we get some kind of boost!
This once again its hard to believe how quickly one can fall! Guess that's football
thebigp1
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by thebigp1 »

Minneapolisgull wrote: 26 Nov 2022, 17:21 We have won 3 games all season. We need to win 2 and other teams above lose just to even think about getting out the f the relegation zone.
We will be lucky to win another 3 or 4'
It really is time Faith r a new manager just see how f we get some kind of boost!
This once again its hard to believe how quickly one can fall! Guess that's football
Yes this is the problem, I said at the start of the thread, realistically we will need around the 50 point mark to have a chance of staying up. Maybe slightly more or slightly less but there is no evidence this team can get there.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Announce relegation
Yellow6
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Yellow6 »

UnitedinDevon wrote: 26 Nov 2022, 17:45 Announce relegation
For God’s sake man, do the decent thing and resign. Take Aaron clownes with you!
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack

Post by Taelee73 »

How many of you were there today?
With more composure we would of scored 4 or 5. Gateshead could of scored a few themselves Tbf.
I saw a team giving everything, and playing some half decent stuff in terrible conditions.
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

Sadly no.

Investment and a true long-term plan are needed. A business brain and forward thinking is needed at the top, sadly lacking!
Yellow6
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Yellow6 »

Taelee73 wrote: 26 Nov 2022, 18:32 How many of you were there today?
With more composure we would of scored 4 or 5. Gateshead could of scored a few themselves Tbf.
I saw a team giving everything, and playing some half decent stuff in terrible conditions.
I was but could have doesn’t win games. What was the matter with Lapslie and Goodwin. More bland non-descript excuses from Garry in his interview I see. No particularly probing questions……
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Taelee73 wrote: 26 Nov 2022, 18:32 How many of you were there today?
As a season ticket holder - I was there too

Good performance and we got 1pt

Not good enough
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Yellow6 wrote: 26 Nov 2022, 18:57 I was but could have doesn’t win games. What was the matter with Lapslie and Goodwin. More bland non-descript excuses from Garry in his interview I see. No particularly probing questions……
Goodwin was suspended - 5yellows
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

UnitedinDevon wrote: 26 Nov 2022, 19:26 Goodwin was suspended - 5yellows
We can only use five loans per match. Today: Ness, Ellis, Evans, De Silva, Wearne.
Chelston TUFC
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Chelston TUFC »

You've got to score goals consistently to win games. There's not enough goals in this team and if we then factor in our ability to concede goals then as usual all roads lead back to poor recruitment and/or poor coaching. Someone needs to be held accountable and either Gary Johnson, Aaron Downes, Johnson's brother or all three need to go. We are one of the worst teams in the league and whilst there's the hope of improved performances there's no improvement in position which matters most.