Will we stay up?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Jpr
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Mark loram

Post by Jpr »

NO we will not stay up
Plymgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Plymgull »

We are used to losing our best players, but usually manage to get a couple decent players in as replacements each time. This time we haven't managed that and our current squad even with the borrowed loan players is far weaker. I just can't see us staying up unless helped greatly by 4 other teams being utterly useless. Then we might have a slim chance. I hope i am proved wrong though i really do.
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Midlandgull »

Such a long way to go. Definitely concerned but I firmly believe we will get out of trouble.

A key for me is making ourselves hard to beat. I'd go with this when theyre fit:

Halstead

Crowe Ellis Moxey martin

Donellan Smith lapslie
Da silva wearne
Jarvis

Then utilise the 3 subs to give fresh legs each game.

Subs to choose from (of course max of 5 loans)
Lovett
Hall
Omar
Marshall
Hanson
Andrews
Ness
Evans
Goodwin
Wyatt
Martin
McGavin

When fit and firing, with a patient/solid game plan with less games to contend with, we should be a mid table outfit
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

Hilarious posting!
teddiebear
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by teddiebear »

Well said midland
Brixham63
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Brixham63 »

Having seen 9 games this season…we are getting better and I know that’s relative. We have previously over performed for a club of our size and location. There’s a team in the squad that are definitely mid-table. GJ will get us out of this but it will be a slow grinding slog and if it’s a last minute last game must win/draw fight I’d take that. Keep the best (four spring to mind) and start the rebuild.
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

Mid table,patient/solid game plan, fit and firing??
What team are you referring to??
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane

Post by Midlandgull »

I'll put it another way:

When we have more options that will increase competition and give us different game plans. Eg 4-5-1. We only recently signed two wingers and we have been short in midfield or tied up with loan quotas.
We looked like we had turned a corner not so long ago v aldershot but we have had so many games with a wafer thin squad.

So my feeling is that we will pull through as more options become available to us. You may disagree and that's fine.
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

Brixham63 wrote: 18 Nov 2022, 14:45 Having seen 9 games this season…we are getting better and I know that’s relative. We have previously over performed for a club of our size and location. There’s a team in the squad that are definitely mid-table. GJ will get us out of this but it will be a slow grinding slog and if it’s a last minute last game must win/draw fight I’d take that. Keep the best (four spring to mind) and start the rebuild.
Always good to see a prediction from someone who has been to a number of games this season - bring on The Great Escape #3!
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

Yes I think we will. Performances are improving.
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

Neil Warnock anyone…?
The gulls are going up
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by DevonBee »

gullno4 wrote: 19 Nov 2022, 17:05 Neil Warnock anyone…?
I wish...it needs a change for sure :scarf:
thebigp1
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by thebigp1 »

It is looking increasingly difficult to see how we get out of this. It was hoped Aldershot was a turning point but since then 1 point from 3 games. Five away league defeats in a row without scoring. Obviously Gateshead is a must win but the same was said about Scunthorpe, Maidenhead, Dorking etc. We need a run of 3 or 4 wins but where are they going to come from?
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

gullno4 wrote: 19 Nov 2022, 17:05 Neil Warnock anyone…?
Given he announced his retirement at the age of 73 at the end of last season, I very much doubt it.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

We need to make up five points on at least three teams over 26 games.
Obviously it would be better to go on a run now and pull away but we're not adrift and there are a lot of games to go.
Having said that, if we lose to Gateshead the situation will look significantly worse.
Aldershot was the most important game of the season and we scored six.
Gateshead is now the most important and I think we have the players (just about) and the team spirit to win that.