Last Seasons Player Departures

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Last Seasons Player Departures

Post by portugull »

We lost 6 important players in the close season which has contributed in large measure to us being bottom of the NL.

Armani Little. Big loss but cannot currently get in the Team at Forest Green Rovers who find life in League 1 a step too far. Last few games Armani comes on as a 2nd Half Sub.

Connor Lemonheigh-Evans. The same fate for Connor at Stockport County.

Joe Lewis. I believe he is injured as not in Squad recently.

Shaun MacDonald. On the bench at Cheltenham Town in League 1.

Ben Wynter. Playing for Barnet and not surprisingly an ever present.

Danny Wright. At Havant & Waterlooville. No info.

Well they may be earning more but I bet they wish ( Armani,Connor & Shaun) they were playing.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

So Wynter is the only one that is playing regularly. Says it all really.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

True brucie, but lets face it, the first three left for the money.
Little came on yesterday at Oakwell v Barnsley - had a great chance to equalise and managed to find my nephew with his shot behind the goal.
he's not a L1 player - think he'd struggle at L2 tbh.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

I would be on the phone to Stockport to get CLE back on loan, hopefully paying his wages 50/50. Better he is playing regular football, tham a few minutes as sub

Same applies to Little at FGR. Far better than what we have.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by happytorq »

portugull wrote: 30 Oct 2022, 13:53 Well they may be earning more but I bet they wish ( Armani,Connor & Shaun) they were playing.
I very much doubt that. Playing is something that I'm all professionals would prefer to be doing where possible, but all 3 of those will be earning money that they'd have no sniff of getting with us. If they end up leaving at the end of the season, it'll still be to a league club where again, they'll be earning more than we can offer.

We're all mercenaries to a degree. I'd absolutely leave my company (which I really like) if somebody said "hey, here's 3x the money". I'd be an idiot not to when it could set me up for a far easier life later on. I never understand why we get so precious about footballers moving for money
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
njgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by njgull »

happytorq wrote: 31 Oct 2022, 16:35 We're all mercenaries to a degree. I'd absolutely leave my company (which I really like) if somebody said "hey, here's 3x the money". I'd be an idiot not to when it could set me up for a far easier life later on. I never understand why we get so precious about footballers moving for money
We want to think the players on the sports teams we support are as much in love with the team as we are. And they're just not. And are never going to be. For us, sports is a distraction from life. For the players, it is their life. They're going to do what's best for their lives, just as we do in our own lives. Emotion is just not going to play the part we'd like to think it does.

If Torquay go down this year the supporters will be devastated and that pain will never go away. Meanwhile, the players will post a short message on Twitter about how disappointed they are and a few days later they'll sign up with some new team and never give Torquay another thought. That's life. It doesn't mean they don't care. It just means they're never going to care in the same way the supporters do. It's just a completely different perspective.

When it comes down to it, we're all rooting for laundry. Players come and go, we root for whoever is wearing yellow shirts at any given moment.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by happytorq »

njgull wrote: 31 Oct 2022, 18:19 When it comes down to it, we're all rooting for laundry. Players come and go, we root for whoever is wearing yellow shirts at any given moment.
Very well put.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
DerekDawkinsJnr
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DerekDawkinsJnr »

njgull wrote: 31 Oct 2022, 18:19 We want to think the players on the sports teams we support are as much in love with the team as we are. And they're just not. And are never going to be. For us, sports is a distraction from life. For the players, it is their life. They're going to do what's best for their lives, just as we do in our own lives. Emotion is just not going to play the part we'd like to think it does.

If Torquay go down this year the supporters will be devastated and that pain will never go away. Meanwhile, the players will post a short message on Twitter about how disappointed they are and a few days later they'll sign up with some new team and never give Torquay another thought. That's life. It doesn't mean they don't care. It just means they're never going to care in the same way the supporters do. It's just a completely different perspective.

When it comes down to it, we're all rooting for laundry. Players come and go, we root for whoever is wearing yellow shirts at any given moment.
:goodpost:
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

Gloucester City have just signed Jake Andrew’s. Such a waste of talent.