FAC4RQ Replay - Hampton & Richmond away 18/10/22

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

Highlights

⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

culmstockgull wrote: 19 Oct 2022, 10:09 .. I would gladly move the game to Derby for the additional revenue, we may on a good day pull in 4500 , up there it would be 20000 plus, they had 15000 plus for two of their pre season friendlies
The FA strongly discourages moving games to the other stadium now. There was a stage when it happened a lot "for safety reasons" but everybody knew it was bullshit - it was only ever an effort to squeeze more money out of the tie.

I don't think a game up there would get that many. Presumably season tickets holders would have to pay to go (much like our ST holders for this game) and Torquay United is unlikely to be a big draw. The best thing for the club would be to get a draw at home and then have a replay there. Attendance for this game at Plainmoor will be around 5,000 i'd imagine - 2,000 of which could come from Derby.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Admiral »

happytorq wrote: 19 Oct 2022, 15:10 The FA strongly discourages moving games to the other stadium now. There was a stage when it happened a lot "for safety reasons" but everybody knew it was bullshit - it was only ever an effort to squeeze more money out of the tie.

I don't think a game up there would get that many. Presumably season tickets holders would have to pay to go (much like our ST holders for this game) and Torquay United is unlikely to be a big draw. The best thing for the club would be to get a draw at home and then have a replay there. Attendance for this game at Plainmoor will be around 5,000 i'd imagine - 2,000 of which could come from Derby.
I’d be surprised if there were 8k home fans.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Admiral »

Just watched the highlights

Every time the ball goes up to the front two they are isolated. It takes a good 3-4 seconds for the wing backs to get up and support them, and by the time the opposition have regrouped. Go to 4-4-2 and give them some proper service and they’ll do well, I do think they’re forming a good partnership but are starved.

Anyone know if Da Silva misses this Saturday or the Derby game?
The deluder
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by The deluder »

H & R needed a “ draught excluder” for Delano’s shot.
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

I'm a 100% in the group that believes this win papers over cracks, for 70 odd mins in sat, and for and hour last night, we were piss poor, let's not sugar coat it, we beat a bunch of part time,semi professionals who were better than us, I've no doubt about that, Johnson needs to walk, NOW, him strutting around thinking he's the Mourinho of the National League is a complete joke,as for Marquee signings?,they look more like a mountain warehouse pop up beach tent, For me the team or squad has been geared up for relegation to NLS with the players currently on the books, I'm amazed Ali Omar got a new deal, Halstead's has been our player of the season so far, god only knows where we'd be without him,I believe Lapslie,Money,Hall and the keeper are decent,the rest aren't up to it sadly
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell

Post by portugull »

Well we won but we looked to make very hard work of it.

Thank goodness for Deano who knew exactly what to do from 7 yards and at last a good header from Jarvis from a corner. A very rare goal from a set piece.

Still very little support for Jarvis and Goodwin.

We have to somehow earn a win on Saturday in what will be our 7th home game and still without a win. 2 points from the last 15 is shocking form and I do not feel confident.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Mr Tea808 wrote: 19 Oct 2022, 17:16 ... let's not sugar coat it, we beat a bunch of part time,semi professionals ...
How right you are. Which is more than can be said of Notts County, Yeovil, Bromley, Aldershot, Scunthorpe and Maidstone
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Admiral »

If anyone needed a reminder of how 3-5-2 shouldn’t exist tonight then watch the United Spurs highlights
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

Mellow Yellow, don't be clever,over the two games we scraped through, undeservedly in my opinion, even at 2-2 on Saturday they've nearly gone and won it. I'd love to be in Bromley or Nott's County's position,
thebigp1
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by thebigp1 »

culmstockgull wrote: 19 Oct 2022, 12:10 I am not sure how me going for a happy meal will have any effect on the team, if it did I would certainly pop through the drive through every week, people say we have been unlucky, we have slow starts, its the owners fault, injuries plague us, but there is a
harsh reality that people refuse to accept and that is we will be playing hampton again next season home and away if they do not get relegated. in terms of quality we are a conference south team and last night we struggled to live with a team of part timers even before the sending off.
I have to say I completely agree with this. There seems to be a section of the fan base that haven’t realised or just refuse to accept how bad we are. I saw several comments from fans suggesting us beating Hampton and Richmond was justification for GJ keeping his job. Look at the odds for Altrincham this weekend if you want a wake up call.