York City v Torquay United, Saturday 8th October, 2022

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Profuse apologies to Brett McGavin it was in fact Shaun Donnellan No 16. Was he played when not fully fit?

He struggled to run. Clearly not fit.
toastkid
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: david graham

Post by toastkid »

He took a knock the other night.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DevonBee »

portugull wrote: 09 Oct 2022, 17:14 Profuse apologies to Brett McGavin it was in fact Shaun Donnellan No 16. Was he played when not fully fit?

He struggled to run. Clearly not fit.
sadly they are both poor, far too slow for my liking.....neither are proving to be wise purchases.
Hereford Gull66
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jimmy Dunne

Post by Hereford Gull66 »

First game this season, one of the 251. This thread makes interesting reading, I notice those who did not attend quick to be critical, those who did less so. Also it is interesting to see the “York” commentary team gaining prise from those sitting at home, not sure on what basis, having listened to some of it, it does not necessarily reflect what I watched. Perhaps the clue is in the name.
In summary yes we are not anywhere near the last few years, however a Little taking the ball off the back three would make a major difference, oh yes, many of the same wanted rid of him, now look at what we have got I am sure you are happy now,not.
Right that off my chest, some confidence and this team has the potential for a mid table position. Possibly rose tinted glasses but I have seen worse, a lot worse, in the re-election years.
coyy
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DevonBee »

Hereford Gull66 wrote: 11 Oct 2022, 21:20 First game this season, one of the 251. This thread makes interesting reading, I notice those who did not attend quick to be critical, those who did less so. Also it is interesting to see the “York” commentary team gaining prise from those sitting at home, not sure on what basis, having listened to some of it, it does not necessarily reflect what I watched. Perhaps the clue is in the name.
In summary yes we are not anywhere near the last few years, however a Little taking the ball off the back three would make a major difference, oh yes, many of the same wanted rid of him, now look at what we have got I am sure you are happy now,not.
Right that off my chest, some confidence and this team has the potential for a mid table position. Possibly rose tinted glasses but I have seen worse, a lot worse, in the re-election years.
coyy
Consider yourself lucky Hereford that you have been fortunate to witness this just the once this season.