Bromley v Torquay United - Tuesday 16th August 2022

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
thebigp1
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by thebigp1 »

Another poor performance. We’ve been second best in all 3 games so far which is the biggest concern. Need Andrews and Jarvis back otherwise our attack is toothless.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Dutchgull »

How many pills are you on Brucie ? You must keep the depression business in business all by yourself !!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
CourtierGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by CourtierGull »

And the doom and gloom starts!! First 15-20 Bromley sounded like they had a lot of chances but after that so did we… disallowed goal and a couple great saves from their keeper. I do think that the current formation isn’t suiting us as teams seem to counter us quite easily, but having the 2 main strikers the teams been built around out injured aren’t going to help anything going forward.

This time last season we were in a much worse position, guessing Brucie didn’t listen to the game, Tomlinson got stuck in and may just keep Marshall out the side after today. Would like to see evans and this Ashley George start and give us some width, but we’re definitely in a better position than last season and we are only going to get better.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Post Removed

SG
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Dutchgull »

happytorq wrote: 16 Aug 2022, 21:59 Post Removed

SG
EXACTLY .....and he admits he doesn't go to games now !!!
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Even Wivelgull doesn't agree with Brucie these days
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Bristol_Gull »

Admiral wrote: 16 Aug 2022, 21:44 Early days. GJ still doesn’t know his best side, and we have limited options up front. I’m still not convinced by 3 at the back, but we don’t have many decent wing options to play anything different. Onto Saturday
I was hopeful that Ashley Nathaniel-George (is he still with us?) and Nelson Iseguan would offer wide options to enable 4 at the back.

I’ve only listened on the radio but despite more midfielders than anything else, we don’t seem to have the shape right in the middle of the park yet and the defence are accordingly taking a pummelling, saved only by Halstead
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Why do you think Nathaniel-George is going to start. He's disappeared already. by the looks of things.

Is it possible to guage how Tomlinson played? he came on at 0-0 and we conceded the winner when he was on the pitch. It seemed from the commentary that Bromley then missed several chances with our marking almost non existent, and ended up with Mcgavin berating him and Omar for their marking. I'm not blaming him but he isnt this standard. Playing both him and Omar will land us in deep shit.

Our subs bench was shocking tonight. Hall (past his sell by date) Evans (taken off at half time in his first game cause he wasn't good enough) Tomlinson (Southern League Standard) Iseguan (no experience). If you really think that Tomlinson will get picked ahead of Marshall when they are both fit then you probably need to go and see somebody.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Admiral »

It’s all a bit negative for the third game of the season, Jesus. Give the team a chance to gel, get fit and judge them after 10 games. We sounded well and truly in the game until Marshall got himself sent off. Goodwin will thrive with Jarvis/Andrews. 15-17 points would be something to build on as players come back. I suggest the doom squad get behind them on Saturday.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Admiral »

But I sincerely hope Gary switches to using 2 CBs, 3 alternating defenders doesn’t give them a chance to get on each other’s wavelengths, I do agree with brucie about the inexperience there, and dread to think how it’d look without Moxey. I can see Donnellan playing there full time very soon.
CourtierGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by CourtierGull »

brucie wrote: 16 Aug 2022, 22:47 Why do you think Nathaniel-George is going to start. He's disappeared already. by the looks of things.

Is it possible to guage how Tomlinson played? he came on at 0-0 and we conceded the winner when he was on the pitch. It seemed from the commentary that Bromley then missed several chances with our marking almost non existent, and ended up with Mcgavin berating him and Omar for their marking. I'm not blaming him but he isnt this standard. Playing both him and Omar will land us in deep shit.

Our subs bench was shocking tonight. Hall (past his sell by date) Evans (taken off at half time in his first game cause he wasn't good enough) Tomlinson (Southern League Standard) Iseguan (no experience). If you really think that Tomlinson will get picked ahead of Marshall when they are both fit then you probably need to go and see somebody.
You’ve been posting crap for years I think you need to go see someone… those pills don’t seem to be working, I bet your misses loves being around you :lol:
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Dutchgull »

Well said CourtierGull , brucie is so tedious and predictable. He is old enough and has seen this many many times before to know 3 games out of 46 is a tadge too early to judge !!! He is just an amateur winder upper !!
thebigp1
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by thebigp1 »

Obviously you can’t judge them fully after 3 games but from what we’ve seen so far (and in pre-season) we have been really poor. In reality we’ve been outplayed by all 3 teams and hardly created a chance. Yes the team might start to ‘gel’ and suddenly start playing well but equally it might just be that we aren’t good enough.
gullsgullsgulls
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Sills

Post by gullsgullsgulls »

Are we the only team trying to gel? The teams we are playing seem to have ‘gelled’ but we tend to take an extra few games to find our feet each season.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

I agree with most of the sentiments that with only three games in its far too early to be down, listening to Johnsons post match my understanding is that a number of players havent come to terms with the national league,and he mentioned crowe, hughes and wyatt and the word naivety in that context. Also we seem to have in his words four or five starters who are long term injuries, that does concern me this early in the season. But on a positive note this is still a better start than last season and if can put a midfield together for saturday that actually stops borehamwood attacking at will like the previous three opponents then we are in with a good chance.