PSF TUFC vs Exeter City 23/07/22

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Gull in black
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gull in black »

Great to be back at Plainmoor. Good to score and win !

Massive difference in quality between Plymouth and Exeter - based on Saturdays performance Exeter may struggle next season.

After the Plymouth game I wouldn’t have selected Mark Halstead to start - against Exeter he was excellent … here’s to many more games like that.

Sound performance from the Torquay players, I’m hoping for more improvement next Saturday and maybe a bit more of an attacking spark against lesser opponents.

Can’t wait for the 6th.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DevonBee »

Great win and a very solid performance compared to Tuesday

Argyle will be at the top end...Exeter will be nearer the bottom I have no doubt.

Likewise I thought it was a brave move from the Gaffer to pick Halstead.... I wouldn't of after Tuesday's Horror Show...but that's why he is paid the bucks for and to manage the situation. Despite doing his job yesterday, I still fear the crowd will turn on Halstead and it will not take much .....but yesterdays performance will do him no harm for sure.

Getting closer to the 6th and the real thing......I hope Corrie Andrews can get to better fitness by then, as at present he looks nowhere near it .
Goodwin lead the line well I thought, very refreshing indeed. McGavin and Crowe also look encouraging of the new boys. COYY
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

Yesterdays game was a bit Clint Eastwood. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.
Players gave everything, throwing themselves in front of everything. Now and again with the odd bit of quality, but the front two couldn't keep hold of the ball or chose the wrong option. So the ball kept on coming back at us.
On another day City would of scored four, but we took our chance and they didn't
Thought Halstead looked excellent, but it feels one mistake and some will turn on him.
Excellent support, but seeing the youngsters from both sides goading each other was entertaining I guess. Guess I'm getting old. At least we have the next generstion supporting us.
All in all, a typical Johnson display. It's refreshing to see players wanting to give all they have for the team. Hopefully the players gelling a little more and there could be a decent side there.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

https://www.devonlive.com/sport/footbal ... rk-7372958

In the popside i did notice that not long after this incident a black man with 2 kids left the popside and i presume the ground
The deluder
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by The deluder »

Plymouth are definitely a difficult class to E deter. 7-0.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

How did your beloved E deter get on Saturday, or is some kind of new hippy drug :lol:
Formerly known as forevertufc