Transfer News & Signings

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

From what I saw of Halstead at the start of last season he didn't look too confident on crosses , for me the most important part of goalkeeping, we've had many great shot stoppers but that's not enough. Maybe because he and the defence were new to each other.
Prepared to give him a chance but he must start well.
Surely Rogers one year contract runs out in September, can't believe he was given two ! no sign of him or O'Connell .
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

Trialist Marcus Day has re signed for Bristol Manor Farm. Any ideas on last nights numbers 19 and 7?
The gulls are going up
CourtierGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by CourtierGull »

Reports suggesting Liam Davis back in training… maybe training for fitness, potential player coach? Gives us a backup option to Dan Martin as I think we can all agree moxeys days at left back are numbered
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by CP Gull »

gullno4 wrote: 13 Jul 2022, 20:52 Trialist Marcus Day has re signed for Bristol Manor Farm. Any ideas on last nights numbers 19 and 7?
Not surprised, he had a poor game last night. No idea who 7 was, but in truth he wasn’t great against Exmouth. I believe (although might be wrong!) that the number 19 was Shaun Donnellan (ex Maidenhead) who would be a quality addition in my opinion
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by CP Gull »

CourtierGull wrote: 13 Jul 2022, 21:22 Reports suggesting Liam Davis back in training… maybe training for fitness, potential player coach? Gives us a backup option to Dan Martin as I think we can all agree moxeys days at left back are numbered
Ah, would love that. Great player and lovely guy. Just hope it’s not BS - he deserves better than that, but I will hold my breath until it’s confirmed as more than likely BS!!
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

gullno4 wrote: 13 Jul 2022, 20:52 Trialist Marcus Day has re signed for Bristol Manor Farm. Any ideas on last nights numbers 19 and 7?
I heard someone staff at Exmuff say he was from Northampton. Any ideas?
TUST member 200 ;-)
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock

Post by torq2u »

No 19 that is. Doh.
TUST member 200 ;-)
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

The No 7 is the lad who last played for Barry town, name escapes me in all the new arrivals, he certainly looked useful in the exmouth game, like to see Davis back, but I believed his injury was career ending, but a half fit Davis would be a useful addition.
DerekDawkinsJnr
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by DerekDawkinsJnr »

culmstockgull wrote: 14 Jul 2022, 08:43 The No 7 is the lad who last played for Barry town, name escapes me in all the new arrivals, he certainly looked useful in the exmouth game, like to see Davis back, but I believed his injury was career ending, but a half fit Davis would be a useful addition.
Yes, I think he's no longer a footballer. He sells health insurance to footballers last I heard.
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

culmstockgull wrote: 14 Jul 2022, 08:43 The No 7 is the lad who last played for Barry town, name escapes me in all the new arrivals, he certainly looked useful in the exmouth game, like to see Davis back, but I believed his injury was career ending, but a half fit Davis would be a useful addition.
I believe that was the full back, no.3.

No.7 didn’t play against Buckland.
The gulls are going up
CourtierGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by CourtierGull »

Apologies if Davis rumours are false, just something I seen going around Instagram… wait and see I suppose!
Willowgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Willowgull »

Keeper Rhys Lovett signs. 25 years old and was with GJ at Cheltenham. Thoughts?
thebigp1
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by thebigp1 »

Shaun Donnellan signs aswell, any idea of he is any good?
DerekDawkinsJnr
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by DerekDawkinsJnr »

CourtierGull wrote: 14 Jul 2022, 12:53 Apologies if Davis rumours are false, just something I seen going around Instagram… wait and see I suppose!
No need to apologise. You heard the rumour and passed it on. It's fine. We all know that 4 out of 5 rumours like this end up being BS in any case, but come here for that nugget that ends up being legit. It's exactly what forums like these are for.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Think this might be the last - great signing. Been there and done it in the NL :clap:

https://torquayunited.com/tuafc-announc ... ben-wyatt/
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468