Transfer News & Signings

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
smw89
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by smw89 »

Kingsgull83 wrote: 05 Jul 2022, 09:20 Technically McDonald hasn’t cheated as no one seems to want him.
Are we saying my Mrs is offering it about but no one wants her?

Not cheated but has been caught on Tinder....
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

Ross Marshall, centre back, signed from Stevenage.
TUFCfan
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by TUFCfan »

Lewis Kinsella has signed for Wealdstone.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

Corie Andrews has effectively signed, has a groin strain so they haven’t done his medical yet. Was at the game yesterday
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

Admiral wrote: 09 Jul 2022, 06:39 Corie Andrews has effectively signed, has a groin strain so they haven’t done his medical yet. Was at the game yesterday
Will be a great signing if so
thebigp1
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by thebigp1 »

Ollie Tomlinson and Corrie Andrews confirmed
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Admiral »

Good signings. Tomlinson is worth a punt but doubtful he’ll be initial first choice. Andrews has proven he can score at this level and still young. Squad doesn’t look a million miles away now!
Jpr
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Mark loram

Post by Jpr »

Would be nice to get an experienced keeper in Halstead ain’t the one, the young lad who played second half of the Buckland game still has a lot to learn, so he to is not the right one at the moment, he needs to work on diving to his right hand side his weak side. Let’s hope a keeper is on his way to us.
rivieratouch
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by rivieratouch »

Actually happy to go with Halstead. He finished the season strongly with Mac out and did enough for me to at least start the season in goal.
nickfrench82
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ummmmmm

Post by nickfrench82 »

Not a fan of Halstead at all. There’s definitely got to be a keeper on the way, or mid-table mediocrity will be the least of our worries. The bloke’s in his 30’s now. He’s never been a regular keeper for any side he’s played for, there is a reason for that.
rivieratouch
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by rivieratouch »

Fair enough, you all win. I'll join the Halstead bashing from now on and hopefully hound him out of the club.
smw89
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by smw89 »

all I can say is that Halstead must have great banter...
Brixham63
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Brixham63 »

:scarf: Have to go with GJ on Halstead. Could have let him go but didn’t so he must make the grade. GJ wouldn’t risk the season after all his recruiting work to waste it on a keeper he couldn’t trust. I’ll start the Halstead Fan Club😊
Last edited by Brixham63 on 13 Aug 2022, 21:16, edited 1 time in total.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Brixham63 wrote: 12 Jul 2022, 22:02 Have to go with GJ on Halstead. Could have let him go but didn’t so he must make the grade.
The reason GJ didn't let him go is because he is on a two year contract and nobody else wants him. Halstead is the weak link in the team.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 12 Jul 2022, 23:19 The reason GJ didn't let him go is because he is on a two year contract and nobody else wants him. Halstead is the weak link in the team.
If you've committed to paying a player for another season, you either loan him out or bring him in from the cold and see what happens. I suspect that at least one of Rogers and O'Connell will be loaned (probably Rogers. I maintain that O'Connell was unlucky last season, for reasons that are probably very boring, lol), and our first choice keeper left, so why not give Halstead a chance?

There's clearly a reason that he was signed in the first place. Obviously the beginning of last season went very badly, but it also did for Martin and Omar, and both of those have managed to get back into the fold. No reason that Halstead couldn't be another one.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.