Transfer News & Signings

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Kingsgull83
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Kingsgull83 »

Shaun McDonald seen last night in the bay. I know he has a partner down here but he obviously hasn’t found a new club and GJ said in his presser that some players who turned deals down have been back in touch as moves haven’t materialised. Chances of us seeing him back next season??
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Kingsgull83 wrote: 04 Jul 2022, 18:52 Shaun McDonald seen last night in the bay. I know he has a partner down here but he obviously hasn’t found a new club and GJ said in his presser that some players who turned deals down have been back in touch as moves haven’t materialised. Chances of us seeing him back next season??
Hope so!
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

desperado wrote: 03 Jul 2022, 06:57 Have to agree although the signings are far from finished the lack of experience is
worrying. Only Moxey, and Hall who is unlikely to be a regular starter have masses of games under their belt.
Lapslie?
JimNichol'sdog
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by JimNichol'sdog »

Let's hope McDonald comes back, as the thought of Halstead being first choice is about as enticing as being given a ticket for the Titanic's maixen voyage!!
rivieratouch
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by rivieratouch »

He's left us twice now. An average back up to Covolan, and still not without his own short comings as a first choice keeper.Thought he was better than us in the end, hence leaving again for a better deal elsewhere. If that deal doesn't materialise, then we should not just be his safety net. Time to move on
CourtierGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by CourtierGull »

rivieratouch wrote: 05 Jul 2022, 08:32 He's left us twice now. An average back up to Covolan, and still not without his own short comings as a first choice keeper.Thought he was better than us in the end, hence leaving again for a better deal elsewhere. If that deal doesn't materialise, then we should not just be his safety net. Time to move on
Completely agree. Yes Mac shown he’s better than Halstead but there are plenty of keepers around who are better than both. I would like us to move on as he clearly thinks he’s better than us and I’d like to think that we have a few lined up.
smw89
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by smw89 »

Thought of the day.....

If your Mrs cheated on you not once but twice.... Would you get back with her
Kingsgull83
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Kingsgull83 »

smw89 wrote: 05 Jul 2022, 08:54 Thought of the day.....

If your Mrs cheated on you not once but twice.... Would you get back with her
Technically McDonald hasn’t cheated as no one seems to want him.
Are we saying my Mrs is offering it about but no one wants her?
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I'd agree really - Macdonald seemingly benefited from being the number 1 last season where he had zero competition, and did well.

That said he doesn't seem to really want to be here - that he finds it difficulty to get a deal anywhere else tells its own story. I'd like us to sign a keeper who is better on the high ball.
rivieratouch
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by rivieratouch »

I doubt Halstead would return from his home in Wales, without having a sniff of a chance of starting. I reckon he would gave been released and paid up otherwise. GJ will have his priorities to fill elsewhere in my opinion, and another gk to come in, just as an option.
I'm usually wrong, but it's just an opinion hold. I believe he will Give Halstead a chance to shine, before replacing him
nickfrench82
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ummmmmm

Post by nickfrench82 »

rivieratouch wrote: 05 Jul 2022, 11:00 I doubt Halstead would return from his home in Wales, without having a sniff of a chance of starting. I reckon he would gave been released and paid up otherwise. GJ will have his priorities to fill elsewhere in my opinion, and another gk to come in, just as an option.
I'm usually wrong, but it's just an opinion hold. I believe he will Give Halstead a chance to shine, before replacing him
I would imagine the lure of actually getting paid his wages would be the reason he’s turned up for training.
rivieratouch
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by rivieratouch »

Can't imagine him being on a fortune though. To stay away from his wife and family for 9 months, there must be a possibility of him being involved, otherwise he could get a club nearer home in the NLN perhaps, and avoid the extra expense of housing himself down here. Again no knowledge, just an opinion
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

I just re watched the Highlights of our win at Kings Lynn when Brett McGavin scored a belter from 25 yards.

A very impressive goal. Welcome to Plainmoor Brett.
Griff1n
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Danis Salman

Post by Griff1n »

Ross Marshall incoming from Stevenage:-

https://www.stevenagefc.com/news/2022/j ... ll-league/
Griff1n
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Danis Salman

Post by Griff1n »