Retained list out!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

Suspect any fee received will be small, we may not be in a position to splash out much on an unproven player.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Compensation for an Under 24 out of contract players is usually worked out on number of first team appearances, future first team appearances, likely to be linked to length of contract offered. Interesting comparison is George Porter who made 34 appearances for Leyton Orient, a tribunal set his initial compensation fee to Burnley at £90k.

Now whilst I'm not suggesting TUFC have received that kind of money for Joe Lewis, it certainly would be more than enough to cover the signing of Tony Lee if that's what the club have done inline with strong speculation.

Now should the rumours be true, it's worth remembering that Fc Halifax once took a major punt on a then 23 year old striker from Stockbridge Steels, his name is Jamie Vardy , you never know.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

Rumblings of Wearne signing on. Released, and certainly didn’t rule it out in his interview with Sunderland Echo in May.
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Wolborough »

That would be a remarkable signing but perhaps unlikely?
exilegull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by exilegull »

Wouldn't have thought it so unlikely - he clearly enjoyed his time and Johnson can point to players like CLE, Little and Lewis who have moved to Torquay, got regular football and now jumped back to play in the league. He needs game time at this point in his career and we would like offer a good option.
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Wolborough »

Suspect he may elect to move to a club slightly less as far away Torquay? Perhaps though, the one thing that could attract him to Plainmoor would be a two year deal?
nickfrench82
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ummmmmm

Post by nickfrench82 »

Wearne enjoyed his time and was very complimentary about Gary and Aaron.

He would be a very impressive and very attainable target given his loan spell and how the fans took to him. I’d probably be more surprised if he didn’t sign on.
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Wolborough »

I’d be delighted if he signed for us but still not convinced!
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Think it's doubtful he would come back. In the newspaper article he is asked if he would go back to Torquay and says he is keeping his options open, which indicates he is hoping for something better to come along.
Probably one of GJ's spinning plates.
smw89
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by smw89 »

I hope these aren't Mrs Johnson's plates...
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foo ... e-24271180

Strong suggestion that we're going to sign a 20 year old midfielder from Cardiff on loan.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
JimNichol'sdog
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by JimNichol'sdog »

I'm curious as to why other National League teams are signing players yet Torquay United have to wait until 1 July to announce new additions to its squad.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

JimNichol'sdog wrote: 20 Jun 2022, 20:11 I'm curious as to why other National League teams are signing players yet Torquay United have to wait until 1 July to announce new additions to its squad.
Have also been wondering about that myself. The only real thought was that there are verbal agreements to bring certain guys in but they have to be given budgetary approval for them first? I dunno, really.

Anyway, what about Sinclair Armstrong posting a picture (and I believe a video, somewhere) of him training in Torquay United gear.
Rumour mill, get rumbling!
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Admiral »

happytorq wrote: 20 Jun 2022, 20:04 https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foo ... e-24271180

Strong suggestion that we're going to sign a 20 year old midfielder from Cardiff on loan.
5 league appearances for Cardiff last season, seems they think highly of him
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Admiral »

happytorq wrote: 20 Jun 2022, 20:21 Have also been wondering about that myself. The only real thought was that there are verbal agreements to bring certain guys in but they have to be given budgetary approval for them first? I dunno, really.

Anyway, what about Sinclair Armstrong posting a picture (and I believe a video, somewhere) of him training in Torquay United gear.
Rumour mill, get rumbling!
Potentially to stop other clubs coming in for them? I’m not sure how these contracts work but I’m sure most start in July. Surely once you’ve signed you’ve signed though, regardless of when?