Retained List 2022/23

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

DerekDawkinsJnr
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DerekDawkinsJnr »

Good luck to him. Hope he does well in 'League' football. Makes better sense for him than Wrexham or notts county.
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

I don't have any issues with our players joining league clubs, I wish them well and further it helps promote our club. Sadly, players leaving for teams in our league annoy me, with the exception of Ben Wynter who was always going to relocate back to the London area and was a fantastic servant for many years.
yellowmonkey
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Watches from: Pop side

Post by yellowmonkey »

Nick Potkins wrote: 15 Jun 2022, 09:56 I don't have any issues with our players joining league clubs, I wish them well and further it helps promote our club. Sadly, players leaving for teams in our league annoy me, with the exception of Ben Wynter who was always going to relocate back to the London area and was a fantastic servant for many years.
:goodpost: Totally agree, its a shame that our other local clubs can't loan us players. The quality we had from Argyle in Randell was superb.
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

Lewis has announced his departure on social media, standard leaving note! Expect an announcement on where over the next couple of days
The gulls are going up
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

I have no isssues in players going to another club in the national, if they are being offered more money and in 99 per cent of cases they are then why shouldnt they, its a relatively short career. Although not spoken openly we obviously have a wage ceilling at the club which we will not break to keep a player, as a policy it is as good as any but restricts who you are going to get in terms of class and ability.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

https://www.stockportcounty.com/lewis-b ... r-signing/

Another good move. Upwardly mobile club in the division above, and he gets to keep playing with his mate, CLE. Sounds like we're happy with the compensation we agreed, too (Lewis is under 24)

Will be looking out for Stockport's results next season, although I think 8/1 favs is a bit short for a team full of somewhat unproven (in the leage) players.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
smw89
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by smw89 »

I imagine that 'fee' will be going towards a package for Tony lee....
The Eternal Optimist
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by The Eternal Optimist »

Can someone fill me in with who Tony Lee is. His current club and any other facts and figures about him
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

25 year old Poole Town player who has scored a lot of goal BUT that doesn’t mean he will hit the net a could of places up the pyramid!
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Wolborough wrote: 19 Jun 2022, 18:30 25 year old Poole Town player who has scored a lot of goal BUT that doesn’t mean he will hit the net a could of places up the pyramid!
It also doesn't mean that he won't.

We're clearly not in the position where we can go and spend money on somebody like, I dunno, Tshimanga. So it makes sense to try to find value from lower down the pyramid.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

Concur but could be a gamble. Mind you it’s about time we had a bit of luck!
thebigp1
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by thebigp1 »

I hope I’m wrong but I’d be a bit concerned that he is still playing at that level at 25. I can think of a few big goalscorers coming from lower levels to go on to bigger things such as Charlie Austin, Lee Gregory Jamie Vardg etc but i I think they were picked up by pro clubs in their early 20s. Charlie Austin was also prolific at Poole but Swindon signed him when he was 20ish. Clubs scouting is so good these days surely other clubs have looked at him and decided against it. Anyway we are desperate for goalscorers so if he comes we really need it to work.