Retained List 2022/23

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Ludlow Gulled
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Ludlow Gulled »

Danny Wright to Havant and Waterlooville according to Jake Andrews’ tweet. Is this the right thread? I guess it’s linked to ‘retained list’ - not ready to place in ‘ex-gull watch’ yet!
Ludlow Gulled
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Ludlow Gulled »

Just noticed this is old news. Sorry.

I was chatting to an old pal at the weekend who has a bit of an inside track at Dagenham and Redbridge and he had heard that a Torquay defender was on his way there. If any truth in it, I can’t imagine it’s Lewis but maybe Wynts?
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Ludlow Gulled wrote: 07 Jun 2022, 14:37 I was chatting to an old pal at the weekend who has a bit of an inside track at Dagenham and Redbridge and he had heard that a Torquay defender was on his way there. If any truth in it, I can’t imagine it’s Lewis but maybe Wynts?
Wynter would make sense. He's from the London area and has been pretty honest about his desire to go back to that area after 4 years in Devon. The other club mentioned was Southend, which again...would make sense.

Last we heard from Johnson, there haven't been any approaches made for Lewis. We'd be entitled to some compensation for him, so I suspect that would rule out 95% of national league teams. Assuming he goes (and again, that's a big if given the money and cluib would have to pay on top of wages ), I'd fully expect him to end up at a league side. Possible even League 1
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

happytorq wrote: 07 Jun 2022, 14:51 Wynter would make sense. He's from the London area and has been pretty honest about his desire to go back to that area after 4 years in Devon. The other club mentioned was Southend, which again...would make sense.

Last we heard from Johnson, there haven't been any approaches made for Lewis. We'd be entitled to some compensation for him, so I suspect that would rule out 95% of national league teams. Assuming he goes (and again, that's a big if given the money and cluib would have to pay on top of wages ), I'd fully expect him to end up at a league side. Possible even League 1
At 22, and with the best defensive stats in he league last season I’d be surprised if a league club didn’t take a gamble on him.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Armani Little on a two-year deal with Forest Green Rovers - wish him the best of luck

https://www.fgr.co.uk/news/midfielder-little-joins-fgr
DerekDawkinsJnr
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DerekDawkinsJnr »

MellowYellow wrote: 08 Jun 2022, 11:26 Armani Little on a two-year deal with Forest Green Rovers - wish him the best of luck

https://www.fgr.co.uk/news/midfielder-little-joins-fgr
Well said! He's been a good servant to the club and pleased that he's made a proper leap to league football. FGR will be a tough team to break into and I'm sure he'll make a good fist of it.
cockneycockers
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by cockneycockers »

Ditto. Always thought he was under appreciated by some fans.
Think he will do well if his physicality holds up.
Saw the game and a pass at a higher level than some of his team mates, so it looked like he didn’t sometimes gel.
Good luck Armani. May the Quorn be with you.
gullsgullsgulls
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Sills

Post by gullsgullsgulls »

Given the rate at which other clubs seem to be announcing their acquisitions of TQ players, should we be at all concerned that we have yet to announce any signings?

Whilst I’m hopeful that GJ is working hard in the background and closing in on some signatures, I had hoped we would be ahead of the curve given our season effectively finished weeks ago.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Plainmoor78 »

gullsgullsgulls wrote: 10 Jun 2022, 08:09 Given the rate at which other clubs seem to be announcing their acquisitions of TQ players, should we be at all concerned that we have yet to announce any signings?

Whilst I’m hopeful that GJ is working hard in the background and closing in on some signatures, I had hoped we would be ahead of the curve given our season effectively finished weeks ago.
We'll have to wait and see. Could be the media department want to repeat the bollocks of announcing all the new arrivals on the same day. Either way Johnson won't be able to use the same excuse of a shortened close season that he used last summer and if the recruitment is poor again does that mean the owner is preparing to bail out?
bobbytanz1963
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by bobbytanz1963 »

No need is good news surely ? GJ said nothing would be announced till next month so why the panic about the silence ? Hopefully the naff announcement that happened last year isn’t repeated but maybe the media department have ideas to be as amazing as some Premier League clubs ???

I see that some clubs have put out there new signings but it isn’t that many so time to chill and have faith in management team ?
smw89
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by smw89 »

I do all my transfer business on football manager a couple of days before the start of the season...............
CourtierGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Watches from: Pop side

Post by CourtierGull »

Like everyone else I would much prefer if we had announced signings as other teams have but Johnson has said very clearly none will be announced until July. I firmly believe players have already been signed, and another large unveiling will probably take place at the end of the month.

I am not worried at all about this season, we must have a very large wage budget available, johnsons had a long time to look for players and hopefully that includes some pace this year. They are both excellent players but I always thought trying to get Little and Lemon in the same 11 hindered us at times and now we have an almost clean slate to start again. A more mobile no 9, some fast wingers and hopefully a stronger maybe more defensive minded midfielder and we're on our way :)
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

The question is though, will be ‘on our way to. …….. upper table, middle table or lower table’?!
gullsgullsgulls
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Sills

Post by gullsgullsgulls »

Ah makes sense, I had missed the statement that nothing would be announced until July.

Will have to wait to see who we have on the books before I start setting any expectations.
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

smw89 wrote: 10 Jun 2022, 20:36 I do all my transfer business on football manager a couple of days before the start of the season...............
Is that a quote from GJ? :whistle: