Stockport County v TUFC 11/05/2022

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Stockport County v TUFC 11/05/2022

Post by Admiral »

Massive game for Stockport. Not arsed if we lose to be honest, least it should stop Wrexham winning the league!

Felix starts, Koszela and Moyse on bench.

2-0 (full house, 93 Torquay)
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

I would rather have Wrexham win the league and be done with them. If Stockport fail in the play offs I think they will be severely financially damaged whereas if Wrexham were to fail Netflix would just write out another cheque.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Definately want Wrexham to win the league as if they don't go up this year they'll be strong favourites for next season.
thebigp1
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by thebigp1 »

McDonald off at HT, could be a long 2nd half
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Listening to the commentary it sounds like men against boys, the difference in class is huge, our back four have been epic but not sure the stockport keeper has touched the ball all game.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Dutchgull »

Well done Mark Halstead !
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

culmstockgull wrote: 11 May 2022, 21:43 Listening to the commentary it sounds like men against boys, the difference in class is huge, our back four have been epic but not sure the stockport keeper has touched the ball all game.
True, but you also have to consider what was riding on it for Stockport and the fact our players are probably thinking about their holidays next week!
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

I appreciate that the size and quality of the squads are worlds apart but as Johnson said in his post match we were second best and several players couldnt handle the pressure or atmosphere, I beleieve Johnson was being very charitable with those comments, because in my book next to having two left feet not being able to cope with a crowd or pressure must be the worst insult a supposed pro footballer can have levelled against them and shows that these players are in the wrong job. On the positive side without Mcdonald and Halstead and the central defenders it would have been a cricket score.
Hmzster
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Billy Bodin

Post by Hmzster »

culmstockgull wrote: 12 May 2022, 08:43 I appreciate that the size and quality of the squads are worlds apart but as Johnson said in his post match we were second best and several players couldnt handle the pressure or atmosphere, I beleieve Johnson was being very charitable with those comments, because in my book next to having two left feet not being able to cope with a crowd or pressure must be the worst insult a supposed pro footballer can have levelled against them and shows that these players are in the wrong job. On the positive side without Mcdonald and Halstead and the central defenders it would have been a cricket score.
Unless the player is left footed of course!
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Louis »

⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest